Youtuber Driving Pre-Production Jeep Trackhawk - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 05-24-2017, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Youtuber Driving Pre-Production Jeep Trackhawk

Somehow... this Youtuber got a chance to test drive a pre-production Jeep Trackhawk. One thing he says he did notice was that it had a ton of torque steer and also that it didn't feel as fast as a Hellcat Charger.

Could it be that because it was a pre-production model it wasn't as fast feeling?

post #2 of 11 Old 05-25-2017, 05:38 PM

Not surprised by the torque steer remark but is? After all Jeep has a lot of other points to sell people on, enough to make them forget about little things like this. Anyone who is really bothered by it can get better tires or look for something else, tires are likely.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-28-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Tires would be the easiest method of doing it. Other than that, you could try shimming mounts, lowering the ride height, suspension modifications to stiffen things up as well.

But you're question in the beginning was incomplete. But is what?

post #4 of 11 Old 06-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Torque steer really isn't much of anything that'll bother me as whilst I progress through modifications, it'll dial itself in slowly but surely. The only problem is going to be trying to keep it daily drivable haha.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-14-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKitty View Post
Torque steer really isn't much of anything that'll bother me as whilst I progress through modifications, it'll dial itself in slowly but surely. The only problem is going to be trying to keep it daily drivable haha.
Tell me about it.

I'm already happy that the GC TR is officially happening, all the little issues and nuances I can live with. Most potential owners think like me which also goes for most Mopar guys. You sure don't see Hellcat owners complaining about the small things.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

At the moment we're not too sure if there are really any little issues or anything yet so I would hold my breath for a little. There shouldn't be, but give it 6 months or so of people owning them and we'll be able to tell.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-21-2017, 01:08 PM

Engine wise, just look at the Hellcats. Same engine. But the transmission, axles, and differential is what will really be on my radar to keep an eye on. Being a new development, it's bound to come with some sort of kinks and with this much power, durability issues are always questionable.
post #8 of 11 Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Engine wise, just look at the Hellcats. Same engine. But the transmission, axles, and differential is what will really be on my radar to keep an eye on. Being a new development, it's bound to come with some sort of kinks and with this much power, durability issues are always questionable.
If you have experience with the Grand Cherokee, are there any kinks you know that need to be worked out? Last thing I want is a product they're asking more from that still has all the past problems. Not a good look.
post #9 of 11 Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Owning an 02' GC Laredo and with my significant other owning a 12' GC (she got it not too long ago so I'm not too sure of any kinks in that one), but the 02' is pretty solid. Haven't had any issues up until recently when I had to get the transmission repaired and I definitely put that thing through it's paces over the years. Over 300k on it so far.

Haven't really heard many issues as other members of my family own Grand Cherokees and have for years and years so I can't really say there's much to complain about.
post #10 of 11 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Owning an 02' GC Laredo and with my significant other owning a 12' GC (she got it not too long ago so I'm not too sure of any kinks in that one), but the 02' is pretty solid. Haven't had any issues up until recently when I had to get the transmission repaired and I definitely put that thing through it's paces over the years. Over 300k on it so far.

Haven't really heard many issues as other members of my family own Grand Cherokees and have for years and years so I can't really say there's much to complain about.
Always had faith in the Pentastar engines and those GC's were a prime example of what was possible. Even current GC models of the past few years rank fairly well. It's probably why regardless of where I go or where I drive, there's always a Grand Cherokee. Too bad the same can't be said for the Renegade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page