Mike Manley On The Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk Release - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Mike Manley On The Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk Release

Head of the Jeep brand, Mr. Mike Manley, firstly, has said that the Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk will launch sometime around next September in the U.S. The Jeep will be shown at the New York Auto Show in April of next year as well.

When asked if the TrackHawk would be replacing the SRT8, Manley states that there is "space for both"
Quote:
“I don’t see any reason to stop our current Grand Cherokee SRT just because we’ve launched the Trackhawk, because they’re going to be very different vehicles.”

“With Grand Cherokee, we have built up for a long time, that concept of capability at the two bookends — one: capability off-road, two: capability in terms of on-road performance,” he said. “I like that with Grand Cherokee.”
-Mike Manley

I can't wait until the New York Auto Show
post #2 of 14 Old 11-18-2016, 12:33 PM

The SRT Cherokee probably has a better suspension tuned so that it's capable of doing both on-road/off-road performance effectively.

The Trackhawk, I can imagine has slicker tires for grip on the road, a tighter suspension to hold it down, which are both unsuitable for off-roading.

They both make phenomenal numbers in the low-end torque range but I think it comes down to the suspension/equipment that sets them apart.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-23-2016, 04:17 PM

Long way out from now but what i will be on the look out for is when we`ll be able to place orders and by my guess that should be right when it launches at the New York Show. Wouldn't mind putting down a $5k+ deposit.

After that point it will be time to speak to your dealers.

post #4 of 14 Old 11-24-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

I think you'll have the opportunity to do it at the show with one of the reps there. But worst case, day after the show, like you said straight to the dealers.

I'm not familiar with what the transition time is with in regards to reaching the Aussie shores, how long does it usually take in reference to past experiences with vehicles ?
post #5 of 14 Old 11-30-2016, 04:54 PM

Even at dealers right now that should be possible, even if its just to get you on a contact list, where once the order process opens up they contact you right away. No sales person would refuse that. The only thing is that early into the process there's not much they can promise or give you, it's just a spot in line.
post #6 of 14 Old 12-01-2016, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Pretty much. That being said you have nothing to really lose at all either. Even if when time comes closer you put a deposit down, it's usually a refundable deposit so it's all good.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-07-2016, 09:42 AM

I think when the Hellcats were initially coming out, the deposits were like $2k or something around that ?
post #8 of 14 Old 12-21-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Nope. The Hellcats when they first came out, dealers were varying the deposits they required. Some dealerships tried to screw people and told them they needed to put down a $10k deposit while others took a $500 deposit. It was shifting quite a bit.
post #9 of 14 Old 02-17-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Just an update, New York Auto Show is approaching in less than 2 months. Trackhawk launch date is set for July 2017. Less official sources say it will arrive as a 2018 model.

6.2L V8 supercharged
TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic
4WD system believed to be from a prototype Ram model

Brace yourselves... the storm is approaching
post #10 of 14 Old 02-22-2017, 03:25 PM

Wouldn't it need to be from August (8th month) in order for it to be a 2018 model? As in production date stamped 08/17 for it to be 2018.

Nonetheless, the TRX concept only produced 575hp. Hopefully they took that 4WD system, beefed it up more, and upped the horsepower closer to that 700 mark at least.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page