Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Sale Date - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 01-26-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Sale Date

According to reports, The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk will debut in April at the 2017 New York Auto Show and will go on sale in Q3.

It'll be following the launch of the 2017 Jeep Compass which will be coming at the end of the first quarter.

There is still no confirmation on power output. Some are saying we'll be getting the full 707hp and 650lb-ft of torque. Some are hinting at us receiving only 575hp from the 6.2 blown hemi found in the Ram Rebel TRX Concept because of the AWD system not being able to cope with all that power.

Nonetheless, April isn't too far away so I'm eager at the edge of my seat to see the reveal and information surrounding the Trackhawk.

Will anyone be at the New York Auto Show this year??

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/je...ed-114951.html
post #2 of 14 Old 01-27-2017, 12:41 PM

I doubt they'll be bringing it out with only 575hp. I think it may be a little higher than the 707hp to be honest in order to compensate for some of the drivetrain loss from the AWD system. So maybe 750hp?
post #3 of 14 Old 01-29-2017, 07:11 PM

Maybe something in the middle at around 600hp. Can't recall where I read this, but they can't tune the engine to produce the full 707 because the chassis and other parts can't handle all that power.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Now this should get real interesting then. I guess with all the speculated thoughts and rumors, we really just have to wait for the official word. Nonetheless, even if it comes with 600hp, we know what these engines are capable of and those of us that want more can get it, just have to make the supporting modifications that will be needed.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 PM

Now that's a bit upsetting. But.. I can't see why they aren't able to make changes in order to have it reliably hold that power. Nonetheless, we don't have anything concrete so lets hope for the best. Either way.. I'm getting that 700hp.. one way or another.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-23-2017, 02:34 PM

Mike Manley was interviewed by Micah Roman on TFLcar, said it will be released at the NY auto show and it will be a loud show. 4:50 if you check the video out on YouTube

... I don't have enough posts yet so no link... Sorry
post #7 of 14 Old 02-23-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Seen that part of the video, it's nothing new though. He's been repeating that for quite some time in several interviews since last year.
post #8 of 14 Old 02-24-2017, 12:39 PM

With all the teasers we've been seeing of the new Demon it has me thinking FCA will do something similar for the Trackhawk, with how significant it is to their portfolio it would be insane not to. Just the trickle down effect it will have on cheaper Jeep SUV's is enough of a reason.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-02-2017, 02:38 PM

They way they're releasing the teasers for the Demon is perfect. They stay relevant, and they have everyone questioning what it all means. If they do the same with the Trackhawk, I think it'll run the same way.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-10-2017, 04:34 PM

Well at this point i'm not sure what more they can do, with the Hellcat and Demon out, whatever happens on the GC will be derived form either one of those, its just rinse wash repeat.

The only difference is performance will have to be adjusted in a way to complement the GC, but even that doesn't take away from the fact 90% of the guess work is done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page