Standard or Optional Forged Wheels? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
View Poll Results: Standard or Optional Wheels?
Standard 0 0%
Optional 1 33.33%
Aftermarket 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of 11 Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Standard or Optional Forged Wheels?

Come time to place your order (if you haven't already) which wheels are you guys planning to get? The optional forged aluminum wheels save a total of 12 pounds on top of already looking better than the standard titanium-finish wheels.

So which one is it going to be?

Standard 20x10 Titanium-Finish (w/Satin Chrome Center Cap)

OPTIONAL Light-Weight 20x10 Forged Aluminum Black
post #2 of 11 Old 04-20-2017, 01:24 PM

I'm gonna be going with some sort of drag rims with street-radials or just full out radials. It may not look that great but it'll be the setup for throughout the summer time. Then I'll have the standard rims for winter.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-06-2017, 06:03 PM

I will absolutely be going with the optional black.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-06-2017, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackBird View Post
I'm gonna be going with some sort of drag rims with street-radials or just full out radials. It may not look that great but it'll be the setup for throughout the summer time. Then I'll have the standard rims for winter.
Good point about tires since at this point we don't know how good/bad those OEM tires are on the Trackhawk. Will have to wait for reviews to roll in. Typically these are configured for a mix of street/track use, odds are we won't get the most performance out of them. Good excuse for getting a new wheel/tire package.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Good point Blackhawk, maybe just go standard and upgrade wheels and rims based on feedback from first drivers. Maybe there is a small amount of performance to be gained by just the right set-up depending on your driving habits. Mine will be 99% road as it will split time with my Raptor as my DD. Probably drive the hawk more since the Raptor has 53k in miles now.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 PM

There is a lot of performance to be gained in the wheel/tire sector. Just depends on what you're looking for and what the uses will be. If this is just a DD for you and won't go through hard driving too often, there's no point spending money on radials of any sort as you'll just burn through those quickly, and you won't even be utilizing them for what they're intended for.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM

Good point. That is really what I am getting it for. My Raptor is going on the shelf for a bit.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKitty View Post
There is a lot of performance to be gained in the wheel/tire sector. Just depends on what you're looking for and what the uses will be. If this is just a DD for you and won't go through hard driving too often, there's no point spending money on radials of any sort as you'll just burn through those quickly, and you won't even be utilizing them for what they're intended for.
Well that's why you can go with a street radial. People still daily with street radials and considering we have the awd, you don't have to be "as worried" in the rainy conditions. I would still use a lot of precaution, but you'll be good. A set of Nitto NT05r or something and you'll be great.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-09-2017, 02:15 PM

That's all it would be. DD. Raptor going on the shelf for a bit. It does run around 730 to the crank and 550 to the rear wheel, but **** she is a heavy beast.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 02:53 PM

Ever taken it to the track??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page