just put a deposit down - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 12-23-2016, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

just put a deposit down

At MSRP, looking forward to 700 hp and AWD! First 'merican car for me since 1987.
post #2 of 14 Old 12-23-2016, 02:26 PM

We don't even have pricing yet do we ? Where did you put this deposit down and what did they say about it ? Didn't think you could even put deposits down yet
post #3 of 14 Old 12-23-2016, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKitty View Post
We don't even have pricing yet do we ? Where did you put this deposit down and what did they say about it ? Didn't think you could even put deposits down yet
The dealer said they would likely get one allocation and I will get it at whatever the MSRP will be. It just depends on the dealer, other dealers thought I was crazy when I asked to put a deposit down.

I've done the same thing in the past with other limited edition cars. I put $2,000 down, no refund unless they don't get a car.

post #4 of 14 Old 12-25-2016, 04:49 PM

No refund ?! That's a big bite man, but nonetheless, congratulations. What are you expecting MSRP to be ?
post #5 of 14 Old 12-26-2016, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

The car will be special, so I'm not too concerned about the deposit. I'm guessing $80ish MSRP, and close to $90k with options.

I wish SRT would do special order colors.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-15-2017, 05:53 PM

I just can't wait to see a build sheet and see what options they'll be offering. So I presume they'll be sending you notifications as to any new information or changes that comes out ??
post #7 of 14 Old 01-17-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsierra View Post
The car will be special, so I'm not too concerned about the deposit. I'm guessing $80ish MSRP, and close to $90k with options.

I wish SRT would do special order colors.
Now more and more car makers are realizing that taking it step beyond just being your typical high performance trim is the way to go. BMW is a good example of this with its M4 GTS, we never had anything like it before. There was the M3 CSL but that was it, a long time ago.

So maybe we'll one day see a Trackhawk ______ show up on the market, the only question is what could that step above be.
post #8 of 14 Old 01-17-2017, 02:06 PM

Now with seeing the SRT Demon coming out, I can only imagine Jeep taking the Trackhawk one step forward and upping it to that level or close enough. It'll probably lose the Trackhawk designation and be called the Jeep GrandCherokee SRT Demon though.
post #9 of 14 Old 01-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKitty View Post
Now with seeing the SRT Demon coming out, I can only imagine Jeep taking the Trackhawk one step forward and upping it to that level or close enough. It'll probably lose the Trackhawk designation and be called the Jeep GrandCherokee SRT Demon though.
Not so fast, they need to work it up incrementally. As much as me, you and the next person wants to see it happen, Dodge didn't jump at this idea right away, otherwise they would have done it much sooner.

Just like how the Charger and Challenger took a while to go Hellcat, and progress all throughout their phases, the GC can expect that as well.

At the end of the day its just Jeep managing risk and acting accordingly.

What helps is the Demon will be in the next Fast and Furious movie
post #10 of 14 Old 01-26-2017, 03:07 PM

Definitely won't happen that quickly. They're going to run the Trackhawk for an easy maybe 2-3 years I think and then release something with more power.

The demon being in the next Fast and Furious movie will help raise the hype for it, although it definitely is stirring up quite the interest with the teaser videos they're releasing one by one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page