Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Release Date Confirmed! - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 38 Old 04-07-2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Release Date Confirmed!

In an interview with Wheels Mag, Jeep CEO Mike Manley confirmed the release date for their Hellcat powered SUV to be in 2017.

This 707 hp supercharged V8 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk will appear on America showroom floors around July of next year and its set to become the most powerful production SUV ever to hit the market. At least until the Lamborghini Urus comes out but that won’t happen for at least another two years.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is expected to have a 0-60 mph time of just 3.5 seconds. So not only is it the most powerful SUV but it will also be the fastest accelerating SUV on the market, beating out the Bentley’s Bentayga (fastest SUV on the market right now) time by 0.5 seconds.

Once on sale, the Trackhawk will be sitting above the outgoing Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. The decision was made so that Jeep can offer buyers two V8-powered Grand Cherokees.

Not much else has been mentioned besides the release date and we still don’t know if the Trackhawk will have access to all 707 hp of the V8 engine like the Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger Hellcat versions.
post #2 of 38 Old 04-17-2016, 08:15 PM

That's more than one year away, not sure if people may be able to wait that long. I'm not sure I can wait that long for the trackhawk, maybe I'll cave and get another model from Jeep.
post #3 of 38 Old 04-20-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
That's more than one year away, not sure if people may be able to wait that long. I'm not sure I can wait that long for the trackhawk, maybe I'll cave and get another model from Jeep.
I don't mind the wait at all, waiting falls really low on the list of things that suck about the Trackhawk, anyone who really wants one won't even think twice about the wait, just knowing it's going to happen and when it's going to happen is good enough.

Planning to pick up a Range Rover HSE while I wait

post #4 of 38 Old 04-22-2016, 12:03 PM

Now that we know the release date is around July of next year, we may need to keep an eye open for when the deposit books open. I won't be surprised to hear that people are clamoring for one.
post #5 of 38 Old 04-24-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers View Post
Now that we know the release date is around July of next year, we may need to keep an eye open for when the deposit books open. I won't be surprised to hear that people are clamoring for one.
Best thing to do at this point is to contact dealers and get yourself on a waiting list, doing that will ensure you actually get one and as soon as you really want to, rather than waiting who knows how long. It's a highly anticipated product after all.
post #6 of 38 Old 06-08-2016, 11:12 AM

I went and asked a dealership about it the other day, albeit out of my area and generally small and they said they have no information pertaining to it. Not too helpful but I may go and ask the bigger one in my area just in case.
post #7 of 38 Old 06-08-2016, 02:54 PM

Often people at the dealership don't know much, there's a small percent that do, that are in the loop of information or go out of their way to self educate rather than relying on what management feeds them. Not easy finding those folks
post #8 of 38 Old 06-09-2016, 03:28 PM

That is true... and it's pretty depressing. We need more enthusiasts in dealerships !
post #9 of 38 Old 06-12-2016, 11:59 PM

Some are enthusiasts but if management or head office is tight lipped, there's not much they can dig out. We may have to wait for news around the time that the service department goes for trackhawk training.
post #10 of 38 Old 06-13-2016, 10:56 AM

Heavens knows when that'll be..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page