Jeep C-SUV (Project 551) Spied In Brazil - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 07-27-2016, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Jeep C-SUV (Project 551) Spied In Brazil

Codenamed the Project 551, Jeep’s C-SUV prototype has been spotted by Autos Segredos while it was being test driven in Brazil.

The Cherokee is set to be the successor of both the Jeep Compass and Patriot because production for these models are set to end this December. Once released, the C-SUV will be positioned above the Renegade in Jeeps’ SUV lineup and below the Cherokee.

According to the Brazilian publication, Jeep is basing the C-SUV on the Fiat 500X and the Renegade platform so we can expect to see a 2.0-litre petrol and 2.0-litre diesel engine under the hood. More specifically, the South American-spec C-SUV will be offered with a 2.0-litre Tigershark flex-fuel engine capable of pushing out 159hp in the petrol variant or 164 hp with the ethanol version. Also offered is a 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel engine paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission. Top of the line version will offered with a 4×4 system.

Even though most of the vehicle is under camouflage, we can still make out the general boxy shape known to Jeeps and the iconic grille with vertical slots. Besides its shape, we can clearly see the mule’s projector headlamps with integrated daytime running lights and LED taillights.

Expected to be unveiled at the Sao Paulo Motor Show in October this year, production of the new C-SUV will take place at FCA’s new Pernambuco assembly plant in Brazil and at the Fiat-Tata JV plant at Ranjangaon which will, be expanded for the new model.

Last edited by Jeep TrackHawk News; 07-27-2016 at 02:14 PM.
post #2 of 4 Old 07-28-2016, 01:58 PM

Not too sure how I feel about this... the over hung roof thing looks kind of odd but I'm not too sure..
post #3 of 4 Old 08-07-2016, 02:27 PM

I'm sure you can easily remove that and it's not too mad it if has a function. I feel like it'll look like a larger renegade.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-08-2016, 12:27 PM

I'm actually not too sure if it's removable though, looks like a one piece or It'll be plastic with the third brake light integration which means you still can't take it off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page