TrackHawk Spotted With Its Hood Up - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 03-24-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

TrackHawk Spotted With Its Hood Up

Jeep’s Hellcat powered Grand Cherokee Trackhawk has been spotted before, but they were exterior shots and we sometimes wonder if what we’re seeing is really the Trackhawk or an SRT version. Now we have confirmation as the latest batch of spy shots includes one with the engine peeking out from under the hood.

As you can see from LeftLane News’ album, hidden in the vehicle’s engine bay is the same supercharger 6.2-liter, HEMI V8 found in the Dodge Charger and Challenger Hellcat models. If Jeep decides to leave the engine as is, the TrackHawk could boast a power output of 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque.

But we have noted previously that a common problem with high output engines like the Hellcat is heat soak. Jeep could avoid this problem by detuning the engine to crank out around 600hp, which is still nothing to sneeze at.

Another difference between the TrackHawk and the other two Hellcat models is its expected all-wheel drive system. Combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission, the TrackHawk could sprint from 0-60 in around 3 seconds.

Aside from what’s under the engine, the TrackHawk looks similar to the Grand Cherokee except for a few differences including the missing fog lights, extra air vents in the front and a more aggressive rear facia.

Expect to see Jeep unveil the new 2018 Grand Cherokee Trackhawk at the New York auto show next month.
post #2 of 9 Old 03-27-2017, 02:24 PM

According to Allpar, they think it'll actually come with close to the 700hp mark which they've heard from a "source" which is making me quite happy again. The 700 is just an estimate so it could be around 680 or something in that range ?

http://www.allpar.com/news/2017/03/w...e-700-hp-36922
post #3 of 9 Old 03-29-2017, 03:47 PM

Still not confirmed officially though so I'm gonna keep an open mind to it. Would I like all of that and more... yup. But unfortunately, may not be possible so can't hold your hopes too high.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-30-2017, 03:22 PM

I'll take this with a grain of salt, much like the Wrangler image that came out recently since they could have been easily fabricated/photoshopped to come out like this. With the events coming up its easy for someone to create and release these then suggest it holds some real weight.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-31-2017, 02:52 PM

Well.. in as little as 14 days, we'll know for sure. So everyone sit tight, and you can bet I'll be on the notification squad waiting for answers to post up here !
post #6 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Here it is! cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2018-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk/preview
post #7 of 9 Old 04-10-2017, 02:00 PM

FULL 707hp and a minor drop in torque. Yup, I'll take it
post #8 of 9 Old 04-12-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackBird View Post
FULL 707hp and a minor drop in torque. Yup, I'll take it
Minor drop in torque can be made up for with a tune anyways. Ony a matter of time till people start tuning these, ECU tunes should be the first that make a real difference.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-17-2017, 01:54 PM

Give it a month or two after owners get these in hand and we'll see them being upgraded very quickly. I'm sure most of everything, if not everything from the initial hellcats can be used for it. Apparently the 5lb-ft torque drop was only due to exhaust re-routing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page