Jeep SRT Tyrannos - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 13 Old 01-25-2017, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Jeep SRT Tyrannos

Now this doesn't have anything to do with the Trackhawk, but it does look like a very intriguing wide body kit. Not too sure I'm fond of the front bumper, but I do like the hood. The rear bumper is nice, not fond of the whole double spoiler thing going on though.

There isn't a price as you have to contact the company for the conversion which leads me to believe it's a built to order kit.

It's made by a Russian tuning company called Maxi Customs

What do you think ??

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/jee...nos-makes.html

post #2 of 13 Old 01-25-2017, 03:32 PM

Would love to see a pair of turbos sticking behind those two outer front air dams...

I don't know, the kit doesn't really stand out as something I want. It looks different from the front, the rest of it is whatever. I'll pass on it.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-31-2017, 12:30 PM

If there's anything aftermarket can learn for higher selling volume SUV's like this its the fact that German tuning brands KNOW how to design. Startech is a good example of one.

Can't be that hard to incorporate some of these cues on the GC, especially that entire rear bumper setup.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-31-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

That whole bottom of that rear bumper looks like it could be integrated and would look beautiful on the Jeep GC. But you are right about that. The German tuning companies know how to modify and design kits for SUVs.

post #5 of 13 Old 02-03-2017, 01:52 PM

****... those look amazing. Prior Design I feel is always on the ball. What are the chances they'll take on a Trackhawk ?! I highly doubt it...

May just get a carbon fiber good and some race wheels and call it a day.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-03-2017, 03:07 PM

I'm glad you posted that Cayenne because these days there's a growing trend of overfenders being sold by aftermarket companies and it has expanded to a manufacture level.

If you look at the new Challenger Demon, it has overfenders, a prime example of what might make its way to the Trackhawk.

IMAGE:

http://hanabi.autoweek.com/sites/def...?itok=lspdRcvP
post #7 of 13 Old 02-05-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

It is a big possibility that it would make it to the Trackhawk. Seeing as it required 315 section tires, it may sound real large for a car, but an SUV could definitely make use out of it perfectly especially with all that power and the over fender just to keep fitment clean would be ideal.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 02:57 PM

The only difference I can see happening is the need for a higher profile tire, aside from that it will work. just have to factor in the vehicles dynamics when looking at tires from say a ... sporty coupe to mid-sized SUV.

Tires with a profile as meaty as the Tyrannos would be ideal.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-15-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

They would have to drop rim size to say 18's. Run tires that are perhaps 305/40 and that'll give you close to a 5inch thick sidewall ? That should be sufficient.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-25-2017, 02:59 AM

That or 19" run flats since that will do well in holding up to the sort of power being put out. Tough to say really, many dynamics to factor in. But what the Demon has will always be a good point of reference

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page