TrueBlue TrackHawk Mods & Lots of Pics - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 30Likes

post #1 of 63 Old 05-14-2018, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

TrueBlue TrackHawk Mods & Lots of Pics

I have put a few of these under the "what did you do today" thread but wanted to put them all in one place...

First, I was quite upset to see the continued cheapening of the product with the removal of the rechargeable flashlight an the slide strips on the cargo floor...

So my first mods "fixed" them both...

I decided to not only add back slide rails, but to upgrade them in the process... With "Macs Custom Tie Downs" & movable locking rings...

For the rechargeable flashlight, I went ahead and just went OEM with the parts from previous model years....

Then I installed the OEM "Bright Pedal" kit along with a matching dead pedal and e-brake cover:

And on Friday, got it back from the detailer with just a few more mods done....
  • 5 Year Ceramic Pro Coating (including wheels and calipers) +1 Year Glass
  • Custom Painted Wheels & "SRT" center caps (to match the front "Liquid Titanium" Grill color
  • Gorilla Black Wheel Locks
  • Gloss Black Vinyl Hood stripes
  • All emblems removed (except rear "Jeep")
  • Llumar Ceramic Window Tint - 50% Windshield (+5% Strip) + 20% Front Sides + 35% over factory tint for Sunroof and back windows
  • XPEL ultimate Film over wheel trim, rockers and front bumper
  • Tinted Front Side Markers

Last edited by Daniel454; 06-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.
post #2 of 63 Old 05-14-2018, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

And here are a few pics with the wife's SRT...

But wait... There's more... The mods continue with...

Billet Tech Under Hood accents and Catch Can...

And last but not least.... A minor one, a reminder when I open the fuel door that this beast only drinks the good stuff...

Premium Fuel Only!

That's it for now... At least with a picture anyway.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but another cheapening I noticed happened UNDER the seats. Years past they had nice insulated and carpeted panels over the electronics and battery... for the 2018 TH the insulation was mostly removed and they are now just black plastic... I grabbed some of the older ones off eBay and replaced those as well... OCD - yeah, definitely, but it's the principal... :lol:

A few other minor mods and adjustments completed as well but more big stuff is on the way. Upgraded Toe Arms and Stainless brake lines are up soon, LMI intake is on order and Eibach Springs will be if they ever make the promised TrackHawk version.

More to come....
TrackHawkAdmin likes this.
post #3 of 63 Old 05-14-2018, 03:11 PM

I'm curious about the TH springs. I ordered the Eibach pro kit which I had on my SRT and they looked great - do you have any idea what the difference will be with a TH version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 Old 05-14-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkc View Post
I'm curious about the TH springs. I ordered the Eibach pro kit which I had on my SRT and they looked great - do you have any idea what the difference will be with a TH version?
Bare minimum will be the spring rate... The TrackHawk has a higher spring rate from the factory to help handle the additional 200lb vehicle weight as well as to reduce flex during take off.

FRONT:
SRT OEM rate: 94 N/mm (537 lbs/in)
SRT PRO-KIT progressive rate: 103 - 153 N/mm (588 - 874 lbs/in)
Trackhawk OEM rate: 102 N/mm (585 lbs/in)

REAR:
SRT OEM rate: 157 N/mm (897 lbs/in)
SRT PRO-KIT progressive rate: 70 - 172 N/mm (400 - 982 lbs/in)
Trackhawk OEM rate: 181 N/mm (1031 lbs/in)

Rumor has it that Eibach will still use the same front springs for the TH from the SRT ProKit... Looking at above you can see why that works as the Eibach START at about the same rate as the factory TH rate. But being a progressive spring, they will get stronger as they push down.

But on the rear, you can see the SRT Eibach springs max out at a lower rate than the TH standard. Meaning your ride quality may actually improve but you will have more squat at launch. Potentially too much.

SO again, rumor is, they will use the SRT fronts but do different springs for the rear, with a higher spring rate.

It has also been said that they may drop it more in the rear as well but personally I think they will be limited there as they typically opt to keep the drop in a range that still allows wheel alignment with factory adjustments.

But just in case it comes to fruition...

SRT Drop
Front: 0.7 in
Rear: 1.3 in

Potential TrackHawk Drop:
Front: 0.7 in
Rear: 1.4 ~ 1.6 in
post #5 of 63 Old 05-14-2018, 03:49 PM

Great response, thank you.
post #6 of 63 Old 05-30-2018, 07:16 AM

Paint color used on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel454 View Post
Painted Wheels

Hi Daniel,
Do you happen to know what the paint code is for the satin liquid titanium? I already have rock chips on my front facia rings and would like to get them filled in.

Thank you,
Mark
post #7 of 63 Old 05-30-2018, 10:12 PM

Great Mods! Where did you get the matching dead and P-Brake pedals?

2018 JGC Trackhawk
2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
1988 BMW E30 M3
post #8 of 63 Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvanpatten View Post
Great Mods! Where did you get the matching dead and P-Brake pedals?
Dead pedal is from eBay under "Durango Dead Pedal". eBay- Durango / Grand Cherokee Dead Pedal

The e-brake cover is actually a Mercedes part #2034300084

You can find it many places from Amazon to eBay as well, sometimes they list it by part #, sometimes they don't. It does require a bit of trimming to make it work but its not hard...

Just take the rubber one that came off the pedal, flip it over. Flip over the silver one. Trim the back section to match as closely as possible. (I actually left a little more on than the original had to make sure I didnt cut off too much and slowly trimmed back a sliver or two more until it went on cleanly.

Now that's all I did on our 2012 originally and though it was a touch loose it never came off, UNTIL we went to trade it in and it was knocked off as I was getting out.

So on our 2015 and my TH, I went ahead and added some two part epoxy to it. Plenty of surface area and again the rubber lips around it on a few sides so that's very solid.

Another option would be what I did on a different vehicle where I was installing covers that did not have a lip at all. (different vehicle but should work here). In that case I separated the pedals rubber backing from the silver front (pulled the raised dots through), putting a couple screws through the rubber (with washers) and then pulled the raised dots back through the silver cover. Solid as a rock and could not see any screws since they were below the silver backing.

I think that's overkill for this one though since the rubber lip is at least partially around it.
jimvanpatten likes this.
post #9 of 63 Old 05-31-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Hi Daniel,
Do you happen to know what the paint code is for the satin liquid titanium? I already have rock chips on my front facia rings and would like to get them filled in.

Thank you,
Mark
Unfortunately no, I tried multiple dealers and even Jeep customer care e-mail, chat and IM through another site but nobody could get us the code so my painter worked with the paint shop for a custom blend / color match. I was supposed to pick up the rest of the paint so I might could have passed along the secret sauce mix but I forgot it and haven't been back to that side of town yet.

if I ever do get it, I will definitely pass it along.
post #10 of 63 Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 PM

Pedal Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel454 View Post
Dead pedal is from eBay under "Durango Dead Pedal". eBay- Durango / Grand Cherokee Dead Pedal

The e-brake cover is actually a Mercedes part #2034300084

You can find it many places from Amazon to eBay as well, sometimes they list it by part #, sometimes they don't. It does require a bit of trimming to make it work but its not hard...

Just take the rubber one that came off the pedal, flip it over. Flip over the silver one. Trim the back section to match as closely as possible. (I actually left a little more on than the original had to make sure I didnt cut off too much and slowly trimmed back a sliver or two more until it went on cleanly.

Now that's all I did on our 2012 originally and though it was a touch loose it never came off, UNTIL we went to trade it in and it was knocked off as I was getting out.

So on our 2015 and my TH, I went ahead and added some two part epoxy to it. Plenty of surface area and again the rubber lips around it on a few sides so that's very solid.

Another option would be what I did on a different vehicle where I was installing covers that did not have a lip at all. (different vehicle but should work here). In that case I separated the pedals rubber backing from the silver front (pulled the raised dots through), putting a couple screws through the rubber (with washers) and then pulled the raised dots back through the silver cover. Solid as a rock and could not see any screws since they were below the silver backing.

I think that's overkill for this one though since the rubber lip is at least partially around it.
You lost me at Mercedes! lol. Appreciate the response and like the look and match. I'll check it out.

2018 JGC Trackhawk
2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
1988 BMW E30 M3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page