Livernois C1025 Package thoughts a week after - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 33Likes

post #1 of 74 Old 03-11-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Livernois C1025 Package thoughts a week after

I did the self tagged C1025 package (C replaces the S as its for California) I used the 305 upper with a 91-E85 flex tune.
The transmission laptop is being held up in Canada so that part is not done yet. the power and feeling you get when you hit it is crazy. Ive had a few 650 RWHP cars but never AWD this thing sticks and goes. the SC sound is perfect you can play with the gas pedal and not hear it or you can hear it if you want. It will drive just like stock TH also if you want it to. I agree with the 100s of others this kit is awesome and well worth the money. right now the TH is running straight 91 I just got tank down to 1/2 way so E85 will go in tomorrow. Doubt I can feel the HP increase but at least its safe that way.

I dont know a lot about E85 and first car on it so i try and read everything. To many horror stories about bad gas bad E85 the list goes on. this is why I went with the 305 pulley and flex fuel. if I run 91 (California gas) and put 1/2 tank or even less of E85 the octane will be well above the 91 and safe even if the 91 is bad. my lil head tells me even if both are bad the Octane will still be above 91 unless the E85 is way way way off im still safe. half tank 91 and half tank E85 (108 oct ) I even thought about getting a 55G drum of 117 and throwing a few gallons when at home. I used to have a buddy that would sell me 110 in drums way back in the day.
does any of this make sense or am I way off? Im very new to this so set me straight if something I am thinking is wrong please.
hawkku and TheDailyDemon like this.
post #2 of 74 Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM

As a big ethanol supporter from various cars I can tell you that you absolutely will be able to tell a difference if the flex fuel tune is one right; ethanol content mapping on a full tank of 91 then add e85 in stages so that various content measurements can be associated with safe timing increases until you have a full tank of e85, at which point the max timing advance will be introduced. Because of this, when your content analyzer reads a higher ethanol content (from straight 91 to anything else) your ECU will increase your timing among other things and you will notice from 91 to full e85. Livernois seems to have a fantastic reputation, so there's no reason to believe they will do anything other than what was mentioned above! I appreciate the review as a spectator who wants to put the kit on but enjoys the thought of warrantee work
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #3 of 74 Old 03-12-2019, 09:05 PM

I think this is the exact route I will take. I live in AZ and the availability of E85 is not that abundant. I would like to hear from more owners with the "C1025" package.
hawkku and ROCKETW19 like this.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 74 Old 03-12-2019, 11:21 PM

How much is this package and what does it add to the jeep? I'm in California too

My avatar ate all my toys!
post #5 of 74 Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

It’s just the 1025 package with a larger upper. Go to the livernois website for details.
post #6 of 74 Old 03-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Banned

yes its the s1025 except with a 3.05 upper pulley instead of the smaller 2.85. The 3.05 pulley makes about 1 maybe 1 1/2 less pounds of boost, and allows the hawk to take the timing with the lower grade 91 octane fuel.

Seems like if anything it should be called the C1000. C1025 doesn't make sense as the larger pulley will lose about 40 hp. Not sure if the OP mentioned any of this, I have the moron blocked.
post #7 of 74 Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyhellhawk View Post
yes its the s1025 except with a 3.05 upper pulley instead of the smaller 2.85. The 3.05 pulley makes about 1 maybe 1 1/2 less pounds of boost, and allows the hawk to take the timing with the lower grade 91 octane fuel.

Seems like if anything it should be called the C1000. C1025 doesn't make sense as the larger pulley will lose about 40 hp. Not sure if the OP mentioned any of this, I have the moron blocked.
LOL so no one can see this post but me then? cuz half the website has you blocked. go play with your CAI this is a grown adult thread.

Last edited by ROCKETW19; 03-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.
post #8 of 74 Old 03-13-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkku View Post
As a big ethanol supporter from various cars I can tell you that you absolutely will be able to tell a difference if the flex fuel tune is one right; ethanol content mapping on a full tank of 91 then add e85 in stages so that various content measurements can be associated with safe timing increases until you have a full tank of e85, at which point the max timing advance will be introduced. Because of this, when your content analyzer reads a higher ethanol content (from straight 91 to anything else) your ECU will increase your timing among other things and you will notice from 91 to full e85. Livernois seems to have a fantastic reputation, so there's no reason to believe they will do anything other than what was mentioned above! I appreciate the review as a spectator who wants to put the kit on but enjoys the thought of warrantee work
Thank you for your reply. This just gave me info I had not came across yet. The computer cant adjust fast if I understand this correctly? If I was running 2-3 tanks of pure E85 then one day was stuck with only 91 my timing would be so far off I could "hurt" the motor? if this was to happen how long would it take the computer to figure out the lower content and pull the timing back to a safe level?

you say I will absolutely tell the difference between E85 and 91, about how much more HP do you think the E85 gives me in this set up? guess is fine Im trying to figure out if I should just leave 91 and small amount of E85 for octane safety. my luck ill get stuck with 91 some day and get suckered into a race or forget or something stupid.

thank you for taking your time and helping me understand this better.
post #9 of 74 Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Livernois C1025 Package thoughts a week after

How quick is a question for the tuner to answer, but yes, you could hurt the engine if you go wot immediately after filling up with 91octame from E85.

What is a safe amount of time ... ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #10 of 74 Old 03-13-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkku View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo Boy View Post
How much is this package and what does it add to the jeep? I'm in California too
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0116354

this is what I got but swapped to the 3.05 upper pulley. I didn't want to be stuck on E85 only.
the way its set up for me is about 200 additional HP. the 200 numbers are from Scott's estimate I didn't dyno so dont really know but I believe it.
This set up worked best for me I trust Livernois has the best mail order tune. I do not know any Legit Mopar tuners only LS. If there is a legit Mopar tuner you know about you dont need this package and can probably do the same cheaper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page