LIVERNOIS Transmission update - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 18Likes

post #1 of 42 Old 03-25-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

LIVERNOIS Transmission update

Well some interesting news today that I feel you guys should know.

Scott no longer works there. I was told he went back to his old job for better pay. didnt ask what his old job was didnt care good for him.
BUT he did give me some false info that he might have gave some of you? he seem to tell everyone you are 2nd in line when in fact theres like 8 people waiting on trans lap top how can we all be 2nd?
He told me to drive it in the regular mode and I can drive it how ever I want. He also said dont drive it in track mode.
The guy I talked to today said I should only drive it in track mode unless I am driving it like a normal car and then still better to keep it in track mode. this way we control the gears you wont get any crazy don shifts and hurt anything.

I did that exact thing this morning and sent it in limp mode lucky no damage just scared for a few minutes. This is why I called to see when I was getting the lap top. I was supposed to have it last week. Vince the guy I talked to today said text him in the morning and he will see when i really am in line.

I think Scott was just grabbing all the commission he could before job change but I wish he told me how long I would have to wait I wouldnt have installed it so fast. I want to drive this thing not worry about it.
I dont have anything bad to say about him or the company just wish the info was a lil more honest or real. I know better then to beat on it before the trans is done but maybe someone else doesn't I definitely didnt know what mode to drive it in and he gave bad advise but doubt it was on purpose.

anyways hope this helps someone. Just know if you buy a trans tune it will be 2-3 months before your turn. Dont rush and install it same day it shows up like I did lol.
hawkku likes this.
post #2 of 42 Old 03-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

I had a feeling that this mail order package was way more popular than they anticipated. You could tell when that said they’d purchased a second laptop. Well, good luck man. Drive her gentle n hope for the best.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #3 of 42 Old 03-25-2019, 10:10 PM

Thank you Rocket for letting us know. That’s a bummer! I was wondering why Scott stopped posting lately. Did Vince even confirm that they have a second laptop in circulation?
ROCKETW19 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 03-25-2019, 11:23 PM

That explains the disappearance of Livernois on various forums.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #5 of 42 Old 03-25-2019, 11:38 PM

Why the hell woudn’t they just buy more laptops?!? This sounds very cheap and short sighted to me. They let you risk your drivetrain with a mail order kit because they choose not to stock the right number of laptops for the number of mail order kits they sell. Just another reason to keep it stock...
post #6 of 42 Old 03-26-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Why the hell woudn’t they just buy more laptops?!? This sounds very cheap and short sighted to me. They let you risk your drivetrain with a mail order kit because they choose not to stock the right number of laptops for the number of mail order kits they sell. Just another reason to keep it stock...
All boils down to money at the end of the day. Why spend thousands of dollars on a batch of laptops and shop technical support that you'll need for a brief burst of demand. The whole "send a laptop around" is fraught with problems as there is little control over the schedule (one guy decides to "keep it a few days to be sure", "can't get to it right when it arrives", "cant figure out how to use the laptop", "thinks he's a laptop expert and "tunes/patches" the laptop and screws it up", "isn't home when the courier shows up and chases it for a day or two", etc., etc., etc.), the process goes sideways quickly and people are PO'd.

My feeling is this kind of stuff needs to be doable with customer equipment (handheld programmer, software that the customer can load on their laptop/tablet, etc.) to be feasible remotely. Otherwise you need to be within driving/towing distance of someone that does. And certainly the "have another vehicle" rule of doing a modified vehicle applies.
gooweea, WA 2 FST and ROCKETW19 like this.
post #7 of 42 Old 03-26-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
All boils down to money at the end of the day. Why spend thousands of dollars on a batch of laptops and shop technical support that you'll need for a brief burst of demand. The whole "send a laptop around" is fraught with problems as there is little control over the schedule (one guy decides to "keep it a few days to be sure", "can't get to it right when it arrives", "cant figure out how to use the laptop", "thinks he's a laptop expert and "tunes/patches" the laptop and screws it up", "isn't home when the courier shows up and chases it for a day or two", etc., etc., etc.), the process goes sideways quickly and people are PO'd.

My feeling is this kind of stuff needs to be doable with customer equipment (handheld programmer, software that the customer can load on their laptop/tablet, etc.) to be feasible remotely. Otherwise you need to be within driving/towing distance of someone that does. And certainly the "have another vehicle" rule of doing a modified vehicle applies.
We’re not talking laptops from a decade ago, they are quite cheap nowadays. It wouldn’t take thousands of dollars to buy a few more to fulfill their customers needs. This is clearly a case of penny wise - pound foolish. I wonder what else they cut corners on, I sure hope it’s not on R&D of these kits everyone’s installing in their THs.
post #8 of 42 Old 03-26-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Thank you Rocket for letting us know. That’s a bummer! I was wondering why Scott stopped posting lately. Did Vince even confirm that they have a second laptop in circulation?
Yes they have a second laptop and it just landed at a customers house yesterday. I am 3rd so two more to go. If all goes well it will be next week but like Craig mentioned who knows who is getting the laptop they might not care after they get it and lag on sending it to the next guy.

Livernois got a huge rush of orders and the lap top was stuck and now lost (Canada) Thats really what all the drama is about. it landed in Canada the day I installed my kit so it would of worked out pretty good if it never went there. Canada is crazy have you ever tried to enter the border? they def dont play they have no problem telling you to kick rocks. They denied me access for a fight held there because of something I did as a kid. (drug deal with a gun) Im a grown adult now trying to make a living they said nope, I lost 20K and who knows what opportunity over that. (im holding a grudge against them still to this day lol)
post #9 of 42 Old 03-26-2019, 01:35 PM

Guy - I got their trans tune laptop back in January....I've delt with Dave Ameduri at Livernois over the past few years on a couple remote tunes and they have always been straight up and very helpful....understand they are running a for profit business...….to my knowledge the only one who actually remotes in and tunes the transmissions is Andy Ricketts and his time as you can imagine is very much in demand......so several laptops floating around probably wouldn't help the timing very much.....my advice would be to be patient and not go WOT in any mode till the trans tune is done.....
post #10 of 42 Old 03-26-2019, 02:55 PM
1C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
Canada is crazy have you ever tried to enter the border? they def dont play they have no problem telling you to kick rocks. They denied me access for a fight held there because of something I did as a kid. (drug deal with a gun) Im a grown adult now trying to make a living they said nope, I lost 20K and who knows what opportunity over that. (im holding a grudge against them still to this day lol)
No different than the USA. They wouldn't let a Canadian in the country who had a criminal record.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page