INTERCHILLER who has it? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 41Likes
post #1 of 103 Old 06-18-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

INTERCHILLER who has it?

I was gonna get the SC spacer plates and Lil Hemi sorta bumped me to get the interchiller also. I know what it does didnt and still dont know how. lol I thought is was a maintenance type thing but the owner assured me its set it and forget it. perfect for my DD.
I am just curious of the AC cabin temps? I will get stage 2 where it makes cabin AC work better?
performance gains? any side effects? then just what do you think worth the $ for the whole system or spacers enough?
thanks as always for you time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 Old 06-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

So here’s how it goes from my understanding (for those who haven’t heard about this) is that you tap into the A/C refrigerant lines and using the refrigerant to super cool the SC IC fluid. This in turn reduces your intake manifold air temps and prevents the PCM from needing to pull timing due to high IAT numbers. Similar to how the demon uses its AC but due to the additional refrigerant capacity added by the system, there is supposedly no negative effects to the cabin AC.

I’m no expert but this might let you run a smaller pulley also.

Flipfloptrader has their whole setup with additional reservoir but I think he likes to do a lot of drag racing. He seems extremely happy with it.

I got the spacers and thermal blanket from forced induction at first but when I saw how favorable the exchange rates are right now (1:1.46) I pulled the trigger on the interchiller too. I just don’t see a downside as long as it works as advertised.

To put on the spacer plates, the SC has to be pulled entirely, I figure this will give me plenty of room to do my S1025 package at the same time.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #3 of 103 Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
So here’s how it goes from my understanding (for those who haven’t heard about this) is that you tap into the A/C refrigerant lines and using the refrigerant to super cool the SC IC fluid. This in turn reduces your intake manifold air temps and prevents the PCM from needing to pull timing due to high IAT numbers. Similar to how the demon uses its AC but due to the additional refrigerant capacity added by the system, there is supposedly no negative effects to the cabin AC.

I’m no expert but this might let you run a smaller pulley also.

Flipfloptrader has their whole setup with additional reservoir but I think he likes to do a lot of drag racing. He seems extremely happy with it.

I got the spacers and thermal blanket from forced induction at first but when I saw how favorable the exchange rates are right now (1:1.46) I pulled the trigger on the interchiller too. I just don’t see a downside as long as it works as advertised.

To put on the spacer plates, the SC has to be pulled entirely, I figure this will give me plenty of room to do my S1025 package at the same time.
yup its how I see it also. Ive seen no bad reports on it so I am ordering the full kit also with the upgraded chiller. thats supposed to increase AC cabin performance. can go wrong there cooler inside the car and intake temps.
Flip flop are you here can you input your thoughts on it now that its been installed awhile?
post #4 of 103 Old 06-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

He’s on here but couldn’t reply to my message earlier, u can reach him on hellcat.org though but he’s in Australia so it’ll take the better part of a day for a reply. He sings their praises highly though.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #5 of 103 Old 06-18-2019, 08:31 PM

I believe CSPracing has the universal kits in stock here in the USA
ROCKETW19 likes this.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #6 of 103 Old 06-19-2019, 02:33 AM

Best mod you can do, in my opinion.

Seeing the difference in I/C coolant temps and IATs is a real eye opener.

I originally started with their stage 1 kit and that is more than adequate for the occasional trip to the 1/4 mile and everyday driving. You'll see I/C coolant temps in the 50s with cabin and chiller on (read nice and cold AC). When you switch to just chiller (so it's job is to get the I/C coolant temps as low as possible) you'll see anywhere from the 20s to 30s. Your IATs will be at ambient or slightly above.

There are no downsides that I have experienced, only upside.
ROCKETW19 and User Name like this.
post #7 of 103 Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM

My only issue is finding an installer who knows what they are doing. I will patiently wait for a vendor to retrofit the demon kit to our cars
post #8 of 103 Old 06-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

I’m going to install mine myself. Doesn’t seem too complicated but probably time consuming. Lil Hemi will be down for about a week or so while he gets a multitude of new goodies.
post #9 of 103 Old 06-19-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

the owner said about 8 hours to install.
I have zero clue what any of it looks like. but AC is prob the most important thing in the car to me (I am always hot) I def dont want to mess that up.
but if you have the skill you can save $1000 bucks easy.
Im sure I could do it but I would second guess myself the whole time. ill pay lol.
post #10 of 103 Old 06-19-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipfloptrader View Post
Best mod you can do, in my opinion.

Seeing the difference in I/C coolant temps and IATs is a real eye opener.
I was just telling Lil Hemi I cant believe this inst flying off the shelves this is a must for any modded TH IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in