Stock whp and tuning - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 07-07-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Stock whp and tuning

Hey guys,

I did a search, but couldn't find any info on what the TH is putting down on the dyno (dynojet preferably). What is the average we are seeing?

Also, I have a buddy that is a well known tuner here in Indiana and he tunes my 1000 whp turbo S2000 with the AEM Infinity, so he knows what he is doing and is very good. I asked him about tuning the TH since he is well versed in HP tuners also and he stated that he is pretty sure since 2015, Dodge has been making things complicated and that the ECU would need to be sent off to be "unlocked" before any tuning could happen and that it is very expensive. Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 07-07-2019, 05:05 PM

Yes, your pcm needs to be unlocked before tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 24 Old 07-07-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
Yes, your pcm needs to be unlocked before tuning.

Thanks, so he was correct then. He wasn't positive, but figured that was the case with it.

Is it a matter of sending it off to have it done or just purchasing the HP tuners unlocking software such as with GM vehicles for something like $100? Any idea on cost if it must be sent off to unlock it?

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #4 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 07:34 AM

HHP Tuners or Diablo Will be helpful.
post #5 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd Tyler View Post
Thanks, so he was correct then. He wasn't positive, but figured that was the case with it.

Is it a matter of sending it off to have it done or just purchasing the HP tuners unlocking software such as with GM vehicles for something like $100? Any idea on cost if it must be sent off to unlock it?

I believe HPT charges $250 to mail in and unlock your pcm or you can buy a spare unlocked one for ~$600.

post #6 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Just an FYI...Mopars are different animals than other makes when it comes to tuning. Make sure you use a well experienced tuner to get the best results. I have read many threads around these Mopar forums over the years about tuners that were great at tuning Fords and GMs mess up a Mopar.

ThawkMike is correct about the unlocked PCM. You will also need a bypass connector installed under the dash so the tuner can communicate with the PCM (2018+ only vehicles).
ThawkMike likes this.
post #7 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
Just an FYI...Mopars are different animals than other makes when it comes to tuning. Make sure you use a well experienced tuner to get the best results. I have read many threads around these Mopar forums over the years about tuners that were great at tuning Fords and GMs mess up a Mopar.

ThawkMike is correct about the unlocked PCM. You will also need a bypass connector installed under the dash so the tuner can communicate with the PCM (2018+ only vehicles).
I was just gonna say this. I would honestly find a Mopar tuner. I have one of the best LS tuners around 1 hour from me but he even said they are different your better off finding a Mopar guy.
tuning is way way to important to let someone experiment with you 100K SUV. But saying all that good luck.
TNCHARGER and ThawkMike like this.
post #8 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 01:02 PM

I didnt want to say it, but xs 3.

Im local to an international known LS tuner who wont touch a hemi, because thats not what I do.

post #9 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
I didnt want to say it, but xs 3.

Im local to an international known LS tuner who wont touch a hemi, because thats not what I do.

what name or company? does he have a waiting list longer then 3 months, lol
Im actually looking for a remote tuner on my LS. my guy is good but I cant wait 3 months. I already waited 2 years to build the junk, lol
post #10 of 24 Old 07-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
what name or company? does he have a waiting list longer then 3 months, lol

Im actually looking for a remote tuner on my LS. my guy is good but I cant wait 3 months. I already waited 2 years to build the junk, lol

Dale Cherry
Dont know, havent dealt with him in years, but a solid rep and truly a nice guy when I did use him.

https://injection-connection.com/

ROCKETW19 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page