Nitrous - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 12Likes

post #11 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
Problem is, you still need to tune for nitrous. Unless you are talking maybe a 50 shot.

So, while the kit may be removable, the unlocked PCM is easily detectable. And if the warranty claim is big enough, FCA is going to go looking for a tuned PCM, which leaves a stored code in the BCM even if original PCM is returned to truck.
This.

To the OP - I would be content to roll around with a stock drivetrain. Or cash in the warranty and go nuts. Are you on the Big Island or Maui? If so I would trade the warranty, go with a tune, pulley and supporting upgrades, and have a b,astbdriving thcrough the mountains. And set aside some coin for repairs just in case.

If you’re on Oahu, as much as I love both the island and tuned vehicles, I can’t think of too many places to enjoy the Trackhawk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDailyDemon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
Problem is, you still need to tune for nitrous. Unless you are talking maybe a 50 shot.

So, while the kit may be removable, the unlocked PCM is easily detectable. And if the warranty claim is big enough, FCA is going to go looking for a tuned PCM, which leaves a stored code in the BCM even if original PCM is returned to truck.
This.

To the OP - I would be content to roll around with a stock drivetrain. Or cash in the warranty and go nuts. Are you on the Big Island or Maui? If so I would trade the warranty, go with a tune, pulley and supporting upgrades, and have a b,astbdriving thcrough the mountains. And set aside some coin for repairs just in case.

If you’re on Oahu, as much as I love both the island and tuned vehicles, I can’t think of too many places to enjoy the Trackhawk.
I live on Oahu and we dont have a track mostly just car cruises that start at midnight when the freeways are empty. I haven't gone in awhile I've had a couple decent hondas and right now I'm building my del sol and plan on getting around 800hp then we'll detune if we have to until we get the perfect usable power. So I basically bought this Jeep to use as my daily but it feels like it could use a little more power on the high end. Plus it's fun to beat other people's race cars with my daily driver SUV lol. I have no doubt my del sol will kill my TH from 50-150 but that's when its finished. I plan on shipping my car to the big island to check out their track. Our car scene on Oahu is pretty big on cruise nights we can get over a 100 cars show up easily. Do you know anyone that has a bagged TH? If so hows the ride at high speeds? Thanks for replying🤙🤙
post #13 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGas View Post
707 HP is not enough?
I agree. I don’t get the guys that feel the need to mod for more HP before even driving the car and getting used to it. For some it seems like a race just to spend money on it. Put 10k miles on it, and once the holy sh|t factor has warn off, that’s when to mod it.

And if you do plan on modding it and filing a warranty claim after you’ve toasted something on it, definitely don’t advertise it on the Trackhawk forum. Jeez.
For me there was no holy sh|t factor but its definitely the fastest SUV I've ridden in. I love it as my daily. I know this would spank my super duty off the line but my truck has a good amount of torque so I'm used to good torque pulls. One day there's gonna be somebody that I really want to beat with my TH just to beat them with my TH that's when I'll end up grabbing a full kit for it. For now it definitely feels really good for a DD. When you put you screen on performance pages and use the stock dyno to monitor the hp does your hp go up to 700?
post #14 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackhawk808 View Post
For me there was no holy sh|t factor but its definitely the fastest SUV I've ridden in. I love it as my daily. I know this would spank my super duty off the line but my truck has a good amount of torque so I'm used to good torque pulls. One day there's gonna be somebody that I really want to beat with my TH just to beat them with my TH that's when I'll end up grabbing a full kit for it. For now it definitely feels really good for a DD. When you put you screen on performance pages and use the stock dyno to monitor the hp does your hp go up to 700?
Nope. You won’t get close to 707 hp on the performance pages screen on a stock TH. There’s a thread on this somewhere on this forum.
post #15 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I have two 9-sec capable Vettes that also are 210+mph capable. The TH is an amazing DD, and is a fun 0-60 vehicle stock. But I've had vehicles in my garage that are significantly faster for nearly 2 decades.

That being said, I'm still stock because I we don't have a local tuner I trust (amazingly enough, as I'm in the DFW TX area, which is a hotbed for modded vehicles), and having a warranty is a nice thing. The stock T-case is a weak link, regardless of how upgraded it is over the regular SRT case, and that's enough to keep me from doing a simple pulley, tune upgrade right now.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #16 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
Quote:
Exactly. I have two 9-sec capable Vettes that also are 210+mph capable. The TH is an amazing DD, and is a fun 0-60 vehicle stock. But I've had vehicles in my garage that are significantly faster for nearly 2 decades.

That being said, I'm still stock because I we don't have a local tuner I trust (amazingly enough, as I'm in the DFW TX area, which is a hotbed for modded vehicles), and having a warranty is a nice thing. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] The stock T-case is a weak link, regardless of how upgraded it is over the regular SRT case, and that's enough to keep me from doing a simple pulley, tune upgrade right now.

Thanks for the reply bro your Vettes must pull hard. My friend out here is trying to get me to race his friend with a 1000hp vette. I told him you know this is my stock DD lol. I told him I'll sample him from a dig and hopefully he can't put the power down. Once my Honda is finished I told him I'm down to race at any speed up to 150. All for fun. 🤙🤙
post #17 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post

That being said, I'm still stock because I we don't have a local tuner I trust (amazingly enough, as I'm in the DFW TX area, which is a hotbed for modded vehicles), and having a warranty is a nice thing. The stock T-case is a weak link, regardless of how upgraded it is over the regular SRT case, and that's enough to keep me from doing a simple pulley, tune upgrade right now.

The front t/case is the exact same as the SRT variant.
post #18 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipfloptrader View Post
The front t/case is the exact same as the SRT variant.
Here’s an interesting article on this subject: How Jeep made the TH stronger
WA 2 FST and ROCKETW19 like this.

Last edited by Vaako; 04-02-2019 at 09:49 AM.
post #19 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
I agree. I don’t get the guys that feel the need to mod for more HP before even driving the car and getting used to it. For some it seems like a race just to spend money on it. Put 10k miles on it, and once the holy sh|t factor has warn off, that’s when to mod it.

And if you do plan on modding it and filing a warranty claim after you’ve toasted something on it, definitely don’t advertise it on the Trackhawk forum. Jeez.
Very true! I do get it that folks want it to be faster and there is nothing wrong with that.

The main problem is, there is always someone out there who is faster, so it is kind of a never ending game to play.
post #20 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGas View Post
Very true! I do get it that folks want it to be faster and there is nothing wrong with that.

The main problem is, there is always someone out there who is faster, so it is kind of a never ending game to play.
There will always be someone with a faster car than you, or that has more money than you. Trying to keep up with the Jones’ simply to be outdoing others is a fool’s errand. Spend your time and money on more productive things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page