Picking up next week - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Picking up next week

Finally reached a deal, and will be picking up next week (Monday)
Best place to start for mods?
Pics to follow soon.
post #2 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 09:51 AM

Awesome, congratulations!

If you're looking for power mods, there are some good vendors here. Livernois Performance, OST-Dyno, etc.

Paul with PK Auto is a newer supporting vendor, and he hooked me up with my 3 modifications: wheels, Borla S-type cat back, and Eibach lowering springs

You know the drill on what you can, and can't do, as far as voiding powertrain warranty, and whether that is even a concern for you or not. I have modded _every_ vehicle I've owned (well, except my wife's... she would not be happy with that) for more power in the last 25 years, _except_ this one. I've had mods sitting on my garage workbench before the car even arrived. LOL So I consider myself a true hot-rodder. But, I've left this one stock for just over a year of ownership. It's just that good of a vehicle in stock form, and I no longer race at the dragstrip. I'd love to throw a 100whp at it, as I know the engine will handle it easily with good tuning, but the transfer case in these is not always holding up to the abuse, so I'm a little wary.

Good luck, and post some pics.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #3 of 12 Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Its home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stacked.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	6256  
WA 2 FST likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-10-2019, 09:04 PM

Congrats!

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #5 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 AM

Great Color! Awesome Garage set up.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Whereeabouts in MA are you?
I work in Norwood
post #7 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM
cgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
Awesome, congratulations!

If you're looking for power mods, there are some good vendors here. Livernois Performance, OST-Dyno, etc.

Paul with PK Auto is a newer supporting vendor, and he hooked me up with my 3 modifications: wheels, Borla S-type cat back, and Eibach lowering springs

You know the drill on what you can, and can't do, as far as voiding powertrain warranty, and whether that is even a concern for you or not. I have modded _every_ vehicle I've owned (well, except my wife's... she would not be happy with that) for more power in the last 25 years, _except_ this one. I've had mods sitting on my garage workbench before the car even arrived. LOL So I consider myself a true hot-rodder. But, I've left this one stock for just over a year of ownership. It's just that good of a vehicle in stock form, and I no longer race at the dragstrip. I'd love to throw a 100whp at it, as I know the engine will handle it easily with good tuning, but the transfer case in these is not always holding up to the abuse, so I'm a little wary.

Good luck, and post some pics.
So, what's your thoughts on the s-type from Borla? Big change from stock? Looking to do this next.
Chris
post #8 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgr View Post
So, what's your thoughts on the s-type from Borla? Big change from stock? Looking to do this next.
Chris
Hey Chris, do a search for a recent write-up I did on the Borla.

I really like it. I've had it almost a month and it is as advertised... zero drone. Start up and full throttle is just notch above stock in noise level and aggressive sound, and cruise is great. It is not obnoxious _at all_, and I'm way past my "boy racer" days of thinking loud all the time is great and "what drone?" when it makes your ears bleed. LOL

I cannot say it provided more power. If it did, on a 700hp, 5400lb vehicle, it just isn't noticeable. But I'd do it again anyway.

Fitment is great. I am using the stock exhaust tips, and may not get any from Borla. I think it looks good like it is.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 03:08 PM
cgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
Hey Chris, do a search for a recent write-up I did on the Borla.

I really like it. I've had it almost a month and it is as advertised... zero drone. Start up and full throttle is just notch above stock in noise level and aggressive sound, and cruise is great. It is not obnoxious _at all_, and I'm way past my "boy racer" days of thinking loud all the time is great and "what drone?" when it makes your ears bleed. LOL

I cannot say it provided more power. If it did, on a 700hp, 5400lb vehicle, it just isn't noticeable. But I'd do it again anyway.

Fitment is great. I am using the stock exhaust tips, and may not get any from Borla. I think it looks good like it is.
Awesome! Will do - Thanks!
post #10 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Devens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
Whereeabouts in MA are you?
I work in Norwood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page