Magnuson 2650 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 41Likes

post #1 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Magnuson 2650

Anyone else consider doing this on their hawk....

Just dropped mine off today, will be gone for at least 3 weeks....

Throwing e85, magnuson 2650, triple fuel pump, 1300 injectors.......

Do you guys think i should add an interchiller? Everyone think its worth it?

Also have Outlaw axles on the way... a new set of front stock axles that i am sending out to be beefed up... and drag tires =D

Cant wait for the results!
ROCKETW19 and Spoolin like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

I mean if ur going this far with it, why not do the interchiller? They was my thought when I ordered mine but I just ordered mine for my build next month.
post #3 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 11:14 AM

Im afraid to ask what this is going to cost you? and what is the HP Gain? you'll easily be at 1K hp?
post #4 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 11:25 AM

Finally, I've been waiting for some feedback on this blower with this platform. So far I've only seen the same numbers that we can make with the oem blower. I think Curt D. formerly with Injected Engineering has made 904 awhp on a mustang dyno at 23psi.

These blowers should run cooler and make safer high boost numbers, but I've been back n forth between that or just going with a Livernois package.
post #5 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWGW View Post
Anyone else consider doing this on their hawk....

Just dropped mine off today, will be gone for at least 3 weeks....

Throwing e85, magnuson 2650, triple fuel pump, 1300 injectors.......

Do you guys think i should add an interchiller? Everyone think its worth it?

Also have Outlaw axles on the way... a new set of front stock axles that i am sending out to be beefed up... and drag tires =D

Cant wait for the results!
Yes I looked into going with it and figured I am not taking my motor apart so it wasnt worth it to me. your gonna have to much power that stock motor cant take it. So I was told at least. the 1025 kit isnt that much less then I can buy the 2650 for but the ease of use was in the kit.

I guess we will see what kinda power the motor can take now. cant wait to see what you come up with. whos doing install and tune Jokers?

the 2650 isnt gonna come close to the heat our stock blowers make turned up to the max. I dont know how far you are turning up the 2650? or do I know anyone that has without NOS so cant say if interchiller is good for you. I would assume yes but no clue really.
post #6 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay1973 View Post
Im afraid to ask what this is going to cost you? and what is the HP Gain? you'll easily be at 1K hp?
the 2650 its self is only 6K. and the potential it has is huge. but building the motor to take it is another cost I dont want but im poor if I had the money I might try it lol
post #7 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Li View Post
Finally, I've been waiting for some feedback on this blower with this platform. So far I've only seen the same numbers that we can make with the oem blower. I think Curt D. formerly with Injected Engineering has made 904 awhp on a mustang dyno at 23psi.

These blowers should run cooler and make safer high boost numbers, but I've been back n forth between that or just going with a Livernois package.
for me the 1025 package made more sense but if you want to be the fastest the 2650 is what you need to start with. the proven easy 1025 kit was just to easy and its my DD so I cant take chances with it.
post #8 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
for me the 1025 package made more sense but if you want to be the fastest the 2650 is what you need to start with. the proven easy 1025 kit was just to easy and its my DD so I cant take chances with it.
The 2650 at 23psi made 904hp on a mustang dyno at 23psi, You got 2 more psi to go before getting into head lifting territory.

There are people with Hellcats making over 1k hp on oem 6.2l with zero issue but of course with bigger blowers. What Im saying is that before you can even spin the 2650 hard enough to worry about building the engine, you will have to worry about the head gaskets first.
WA 2 FST likes this.
post #9 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Li View Post
The 2650 at 23psi made 904hp on a mustang dyno at 23psi, You got 2 more psi to go before getting into head lifting territory.

There are people with Hellcats making over 1k hp on oem 6.2l with zero issue but of course with bigger blowers. What Im saying is that before you can even spin the 2650 hard enough to worry about building the engine, you will have to worry about the head gaskets first.
you have to worrie about all kinds of stuff was my point. it was to much for me.
post #10 of 103 Old 06-27-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
you have to worrie about all kinds of stuff was my point. it was to much for me.
I understand, but keep in mind that anytime you mod such an expensive vehicle that far out of it's origional oem specs wether it be with 2650, 4.5l, or even a Livernois package you will still and always have all kinds of stuff to worry about right down to the purity of every tank of gas.

My wife gave me the best advise one day, she said if you don't want to have worries, leave it alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page