potential new buyer; How many rpm's at 60mph and at 80mph? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Car-Guy

post #1 of 5 Old 08-10-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

potential new buyer; How many rpm's at 60mph and at 80mph?

I've been thinking about buying a Trackhawk for a daily driver. The low mpg doesn't scare me, but I'm kinda OCD about the engine revs when I'm just cruising along. I have a couple other vehicles that have the ZF 8-speed auto transmission, and I like it. I'm hoping that the revs are not too high with the Trackhawk. I had a short ride in a Trackhawk a week ago by someone I met at a Cars & Coffee event, and he was nice enough to take me out for a ride in his Trackhawk. I didn't think to ask him about the revs at highway speed. I was sort of just in amazement with how docile and not loud it was in the parking area, and then how insanely fast it was when he got heavy on the gas.

The dealers in my area have No trackhawks in stock. One dealer at a distance (50-miles away) has a few Trackhawks, but they will not allow any test drives.

I'm hoping a couple people here can tell me what revs (rpm's) you're seeing at 60mph and at 80mph when just cruising along. If you know the revs at 90mph and 100mph, that would be helpful too. But the most common highway speeds for my daily drive are around 60mph and 80mph.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Almost exactly 2000 rpm @70 just cruising in 8th.... Can't remember any others exactly.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Just got back from a short road trip and I was thinking about this thread during the drive. Here you go. All measurements were taken cruising in 8th gear and numbers are rounded to the nearest 50rpm, as best as I could tell.

60 ~1700
70 ~1950
80 ~2250
90 ~2500
100 ~2800
Maxpowers likes this.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 08-11-2019 at 02:19 PM.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-13-2019, 04:13 AM

As soon as you know one you can calc everything else ((Known Speed RPMs/Known Speed) * Target Speed = Target Speed RPMs). Tire size changes very little by speed, every other ratio is a constant. You'll have more error reading the analog tach than you will from the drive train variables, trust the math
post #5 of 5 Old 08-16-2019, 02:43 PM

cruising at 100 to help out a brother - love you guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page