Road Trip - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 24 Old 08-14-2019, 09:06 AM

Agree completely with your assessment of the steering, suspension, and exhaust. It’s too bad the drive modes can’t adjust the steering like my M5. I think you may have miscalculated your MPG though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 08-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Am I the only one that thinks the seats aren't *that* comfortable? In particular, I wish they had leg support extensions. My Porsche Macan Turbo & BMX X3 M40i both have it (though the BMW's is manually actuated.)

Also 22mpg is insane, bordering on impossible.
post #13 of 24 Old 08-14-2019, 03:07 PM

22 is excellent, my guess, Eco mode, tires inflated to max, level highway, cruise on.....
post #14 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 07:59 AM

no shot 22...packed to the gills too..??nope..
post #15 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

OK - I dug up my notes and re-calculated the MPG. I did make a mistake. I actually got 20 MPG. Something got lost when I converted it from L per 100KM.

Keep in mind the roads were flat and I drove ultra conservative. At the end of the day I don't really care about the mileage and will certainly consistently get worse than that.
post #16 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpowers View Post
OK - I dug up my notes and re-calculated the MPG. I did make a mistake. I actually got 20 MPG. Something got lost when I converted it from L per 100KM.

Keep in mind the roads were flat and I drove ultra conservative. At the end of the day I don't really care about the mileage and will certainly consistently get worse than that.
Under perfect conditions that seems possible. e.g. Flat roads, no AC, light load, keeping it under 70mph and maybe even running in eco mode (if that really helps).
post #17 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 12:17 PM

Even 20 is impressive if at 70 mph average. I got mid 19 only once when driving in the keys at a constant 45-50. Faster, it drops depending on how fast and how hard on the petal.. It's not easy to stay below 50 in mt TH..
PaulWells18# likes this.

1979 Rx7 (for sale)
1996 Impala
2008 GT500 convertable, 570 HP RW
post #18 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Under perfect conditions that seems possible. e.g. Flat roads, no AC, light load, keeping it under 70mph and maybe even running in eco mode (if that really helps).
Eco mode. I had my wife read the online manual while we were on the trip to see what eco mode does. The description is vague. In my other ride, eco switches V8 to V4 mode (which I hate because I can feel it switch modes) . Luckily I can disable it.
post #19 of 24 Old 08-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

There’s other discussions about Eco mode but it shifts sooner as well as a power reduction. I use it for my weekday commute to keep me from getting arrested.
PBGas likes this.
post #20 of 24 Old 08-16-2019, 09:31 AM

I think I may have pressed the Eco mode button once, just to see if the button worked . I didn't notice any immediate difference for the ~2 minutes I had it on. I guess it's an interesting gimmick, but it's not what I bought this thing for. I'd much rather see FCA turn the ECO button into a "press to pass" button.
PaulWells18# likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page