Road Trip - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 08-12-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Road Trip

Well - we finally did our first road trip in the TH. Not a big one ~1000 miles (1600KM) this weekend. Here are our my initial thoughts:

- No comments on power / performance, we all know about that...

- Very comfortable ride given the track oriented suspension. I'm still trying to figure out if the shocks are adjustable between modes like my C7. I'm sure the answers are here with a search.

- Not bad mileage (22mpg) mostly highway. Obviously didn't purchase her for mileage but I expected worse.

- As the auto journalists have pointed out many times, the steering is way too light. It needs to be stiffened up by about 35 - 40% like my X5. This is not connected to driver mode for sure. While I'm still getting acquainted with her, it seemed like anytime I sniffed or navigated the middle display, I'd sway back and forth on the road. I'll get used to it.

- ACC (auto cruise control): works pretty good when there isn't a lot of heavy traffic. When cars are shifting in and out of lanes with a lot with traffic (in our city we have it bad until you get 60 mi out), the TH punches it and brakes a lot to accommodate making for a jerky ride. No biggie given the torque.

- Exhaust is pretty quite. Nice for a long ride but would be great to have active exhaust dampening. Maybe aftermarket in the future.

- 8th gear should be lower for MPG. The revs were too high at 70 MPH.

- I parked next to a Urus in the parking garage in Montreal. While it's a beautiful exotic beast, I couldn't help but think I'd give you a serious run for your money.. ha ha .

- Seats are comfortable and provide great support. The cooled / vented option could provide a bit more airflow.

All in all, I have no major complaints and lots of gratitude towards her for what she is. No regrets making the purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 08-12-2019, 09:06 PM

22mpg?!?

And yes, you can separate out the shock setting from the drive mode if you go into the custom settings.
post #3 of 24 Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

^^^
Thanks. And yes 22mpg. My wife was with me so I didn't go into boost much. Happy wife...
post #4 of 24 Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Steering is also adjustable under custom.
post #5 of 24 Old 08-12-2019, 10:34 PM

Interesting road trip comments... But 22 mpg??? That is amazing. I've been on a number of 1000+ mile trips and I can't come close to that. Even when I drive it ultra conservative for 400 to 500 miles the best I can get at highway speeds is about 18... Maybe just a little more. Just got back from Vegas a few weeks ago and I only got about 15 on the average but that's running the AC all the time and running 80 to 90+ most of the time with a good number of high speed passes thrown in. But as you say, we didn't buy this thing for it's gas mileage.
post #6 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 12:36 AM

Road Trip

700 miles since Wednesday and 18.4 is the best I could do, fully loaded 70-80mph.
Have another 400 miles coming up Sunday.

Camping Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PBGas likes this.
post #7 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 09:16 AM
1C5

22??!! Are you sure they didn't give you the Trailhawk by mistake?? 😂
I just did my first 800km trip and 18 mpg is the best I could do cruising at 110km/h most of the way.
post #8 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I was shocked at the mpg. I measured it by filling the tank and then refilling at empty and comparing miles. I didn't use the computer. Keep in mind I was driving like there was a bucket of water in the trunk. My wife can get car sickness.
post #9 of 24 Old 08-13-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C5 View Post
22??!! Are you sure they didn't give you the Trailhawk by mistake?? 😂
I just did my first 800km trip and 18 mpg is the best I could do cruising at 110km/h most of the way.
That's about the same as me. Just after taking possession, I took a road trip (a measly 650 km), and averaged (on the screen) almost 18 mpg. I don't trust the display, I always calculate based on distance and the amount of fuel at fill up.
post #10 of 24 Old 08-14-2019, 07:46 AM

it had to have been mostly downhill driving...22..? wow..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page