Trackhawk just delivered, a couple quick questions! - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Trackhawk just delivered, a couple quick questions!

What's up guys? I've been a member for a month or so but haven't done in intro thread as my Trackhawk was just delivered this morning. Leftover '18 I purchased from Massachusetts with 100 miles on it. A have a couple quick questions for you guys before I call up my local dealer. I searched on the forum & saw some of you complained about body panel fitment. Maybe I didn't search properly but I couldn't find anything about headlight moisture/condensation. Has anyone had issue with the headlight moisture/condensation? If so, did you take it to the dealership & did they fix it or replace the headlights? I did a pretty thorough look over on the vehicle when it was delivered this morning & will be going over it more tonight when I'm done with work. For those of you with had body panel issues, did you take it to the dealership & if so, were they able to make some adjustments & improve the panel fitment? I will attach some pics of the headlights/panel fitment areas.

I have an appt. the beginning of next week with the detailer for paint correction, ceramic coating, clear bra, tint, etc. If possible, I would to get these issues sorted before it gets dropped off at the detailer. Any input is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191104_112236.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	7174   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191104_112302.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	7176   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191104_112521.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	7178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191104_112549.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	7180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191104_112557.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	7182  

Last edited by GraniteHawk; 11-04-2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Trying to add a couple pictures, maybe I'm doing something wrong, what's the easiest way to do that? Do I need a certain amount of posts do upload pictures?
post #3 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 04:40 PM

I had horrible condensation in my 14 SRT, and dealer replaced both headlamps under factory 3/36 warranty.

No headlight issues yet with 18 TH, except for them seeming a bit dimmer than the 14.
post #4 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 04:46 PM

What Mass dealer did it come from, Im only asking because I live in massachusetts. Also on my 15 SRT my rear tail lights had issues with condensation. They were replaced under the factory warranty
post #5 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago X View Post
I had horrible condensation in my 14 SRT, and dealer replaced both headlamps under factory 3/36 warranty.

No headlight issues yet with 18 TH, except for them seeming a bit dimmer than the 14.
Good to know, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay1973 View Post
What Mass dealer did it come from, Im only asking because I live in massachusetts. Also on my 15 SRT my rear tail lights had issues with condensation. They were replaced under the factory warranty
https://www.kellyjeepchrysler.net/

I live in Raleigh, NC & have a good size Jeep dealership 10 mins away. I have a good buddy that is a tech there too.
post #6 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Put off your ceramic coating until your issues are resolved. If they replace anything, then you’ll be back at the coating place. Don’t be surprised if they order new and replace if it’s the fender flares. I’m dropping mine off after nearly two years to finally get all that stuff fixed and adjusted.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
Put off your ceramic coating until your issues are resolved. If they replace anything, then youll be back at the coating place. Dont be surprised if they order new and replace if its the fender flares. Im dropping mine off after nearly two years to finally get all that stuff fixed and adjusted.
Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Luckily I haven't another vehicle to drive as I didn't want to start putting miles on the TH until I got all the work done with the detailer.

Pictures added to my original post, let me know what you guys think.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

They’ll give you a rental while it’s in the shop but I have the same issues with the flares and they’re replacing them. Good luck👍🏻
post #9 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 06:13 PM

Since it's been sitting for many many months (probably outside) it not terribly surprising that you might see some condensation. You might check the headlights after you've had the lights on after a few hours of night driving. The condensation might be gone and not return under normal driving conditions. (Maybe)
post #10 of 15 Old 11-04-2019, 06:38 PM

I had the dealer try to align my passenger side rear tail light lens, I didn't like the fit. The rest of mine was fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page