Dearth of Trackhawk in the Pacific Northwest...is the TH a flop?? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 12-02-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Dearth of Trackhawk in the Pacific Northwest...is the TH a flop??

I'm getting a bit discouraged....there are basically no Trackhawks in the entire Pacific Northwest from the Canadian border all the way to almost the California border down in Oregon.

There are 2 in the Seattle area without the options I really want (no full leather package) and only one optioned the way I like that but the manager of the dealership is using it for a joy ride down to Palm Springs so is not even available.

I'm starting to get discouraged...why these things are not selling in one of the supposedly wealthiest areas in the country?? Is not because environmentalism, you see the big German irons everywhere (Cayenne Turbo, X5M, Mercedes AMG, etc...) same for the Dodge Hellcat duo...many around....

Has Jeep been a bit too ambitious with pricing?? I see many SRT (I own one) but no Trackhawk......

Basically what I'm asking is....is the Trackhawk a flop?? Should I reconsider buying one as resale values could be horrific??

Thank You!!
post #2 of 36 Old 12-02-2019, 09:26 PM

I very briefly thought about resale value before ordering one today. The reality is that we only live once, so screw the resale aspect, I thought.

In my search (before ordering) I found many '18s all over the place. Well, at least as far west as SoCal. The majority seemed to be back east. And there are quite a few '19s out there, too.

Are they a flop? As I recall, they made some 6,000 for '18, scaled it down to about 1,900 for '19, and who knows how many will be built on '20.
Either way, since I could get one for about the same money as many '18s are listed at, I saw no reason not to buy it.
Other than that I really shouldn't have bought another car...of any kind.

'18 Challenger, '19 Challenger, '20 Trackhawk ordered.
post #3 of 36 Old 12-02-2019, 09:30 PM

If resale value is on your mind don’t buy any of the SUV you’ve mentioned above. They all lose 50-% over 3 years.
Hopefully your next concern isn’t gas mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Track and GraniteHawk like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 12-02-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
I did notice today (here on the forum) that apparently the mileage isn't nearly as good as what I'm used to with my Challenger.
Oh well, I don't mind buying gas, but don't like doing it often, so a larger tank would be nice.

'18 Challenger, '19 Challenger, '20 Trackhawk ordered.
post #5 of 36 Old 12-03-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
If resale value is on your mind don’t buy any of the SUV you’ve mentioned above. They all lose 50-% over 3 years.

My wife daily drives a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT and I do daily drive my 2019 Cadillac CTS-V so I'm not worried about gas mileage.
I was surprised actually how good the residual value is (if we can trust NADA and KBB) on the GC SRT.
My worry is that I cannot literally find a Trackhawk at a reasonable distance from me....and if it is a flop, the resale value may be way worse compared to the regular SRT.
post #6 of 36 Old 12-03-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
My wife daily drives a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT and I do daily drive my 2019 Cadillac CTS-V so I'm not worried about gas mileage.

I was surprised actually how good the residual value is (if we can trust NADA and KBB) on the GC SRT.

My worry is that I cannot literally find a Trackhawk at a reasonable distance from me....and if it is a flop, the resale value may be way worse compared to the regular SRT.

The srt8 and TH are fairly close from what I can in terms of depreciation.

2018 ~15k mile units are both in the $20-$25k depreciation neighborhood today.

To give you an idea, I was offered $62k for my $94k TH with 34k miles last week, straight up not a trade but a purchase thru carmax. Is what it is,

post #7 of 36 Old 12-03-2019, 10:04 AM

I am in Coos Bay Oregon. When I was looking 6 weeks ago I found two in Oregon for sale is all. Both white.
While looking I Found a red one in LasVegas. I had to go to Denver to get my silver one. Mine was 99k new but bought used for 72k.
post #8 of 36 Old 12-03-2019, 03:02 PM

Just my .02, but there are way more for sale on the East coast. You will likely find a better deal since they have more competition and it is close to the end of the year. It will only cost you one month's truck payment to ship it coast to coast.
Jimmy N. likes this.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #9 of 36 Old 12-03-2019, 05:03 PM

Agreed with all the comments about depreciation, and balancing that with the feeling "you only live once." That's a life balance decision I make all the time.

I usually go with the "you only live once" and buy the fastest, most fun thing I can find.

Every exotic and high-end luxo car/SUV I've ever owned has depreciated like a mo-fo. It is what it is.

Most anyone who can afford to buy a 1 or 2 year old used super-expensive car can probably also find a way to buy one brand new...so why not just get the new one? That's what drives the used ones off of the huge depreciation cliff. I've owned probably 10 new cars that have lost big $$ over the past 20 years. No, I'm not a rich guy. But I put my hard earned $$ exactly where I want to enjoy it. Have fun, mash the loud pedal, and don't look back. I'm older than most of you here, so my priorities may be different than yours.

If we're worried about the current resale value of THs, just wait until the Demon version (hopefully) comes out. How many guys on here will immediately trade up? I will. That will dump a bunch of nicely cared for THs on the market...and off the cliff they will go.

It sucks, but what can we do about it?
Jimmy N. likes this.

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401
post #10 of 36 Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Adding to my above post, to clarify:

I am not a car dealer or speculator/flipper. I am just a regular guy who loves to change around the cars in my garage fairly regularly.

I have bought several low-mile, well cared-for, exotic and high-end luxo cars over the years. They are a great find, when you locate the best ones, preferably owned by an older guy with no teenage/20s kids in the house.

No multiple owners, or owned by anyone outside of a sunny weather state. That's a great start.

Their depreciation curve has already been hit hard at the top end, by the first buyer.
And, I can argue for that position all day long.

However, the mental picture I often get from a used 1 or 2 year old high-end car is of some guy or gal who had a two year lease, probably a company car, and thereby probably didn't have the extreme pride of ownership and care in driving (frequent detailing, no driving in the rain, no food in car) that many of us here have.

I have bought many brand new exotic and luxo cars. There's nothing like being the first owner of an awesome car. No one has defiled it yet, in any way. Seeing just two or three digits on the odometer as your climb into it is pretty cool.

Bottom line: I probably will continue to buy new AND buy 1 or 2 years old. I never lease a car, so that factor is out. It all comes down to the particular car I'm interested in, and the one sweet example that I happen to find.

Happy hunting to all.

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page