Replacement tires - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Replacement tires

Hi,

Am I crazy or are there virtually no tires available in the factory 295/45/R20 size? I've read that the factory pirelli All season run flats can be expected to wear out in under 20k miles. And they cost $500 each, and are hard being run flats.

Summit has one other tire.A Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus

Are there other tires that are slightly larger that will fit? Really appreciate it, didn't think this would be so much trouble.

-Austin
post #2 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I just found in another thread that these are the ones to get. $306 each is much more reasonable.

EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 295/45ZR20

Any truth to the stock tires wearing out that fast? Any any other tire options are appreciated.
post #3 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Aubinoe View Post
Ok so I just found in another thread that these are the ones to get. $306 each is much more reasonable.

EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 295/45ZR20

Any truth to the stock tires wearing out that fast? Any any other tire options are appreciated.
As far as stock tires wearing fast, I have always believed that the wear factor, especially with go fast cars, was driver related.

Regarding what is the best replacement tire, this could be an opportunity for a separate thread. I have no current religion as to a favorite.

Here are some internet searches I saved when looking for tires.

https://www.performanceplustire.com/...45-20:ty:Tire/

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Banned

Ive run the dws06 and the Michelin pilot sport A/S 3 and the Michelin is significantly better in every single way. this was on a ctsv with 700 whp in winter so I got a good feel for them. The Michelin a/s 3 also looks way better (much sharper aggressive tread pattern) with a flatter footprint opposed to the Conti rounds on the corners like the Pirelli and has less contact patch in the same size. both nice and quiet tires tho. look at country of origin on both as well.
post #5 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM

Look at the General Grabber UHP, widest tread width and cross section and they look good to, they wear well also on my JGC SRT Id get 36k to 40k miles out of them.

15 JGC SRT
16 Camaro II SS
17 Range Rover Sport
18 Black TrackHawk
06 2500 Diesel Ram
post #6 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Aubinoe View Post

Any truth to the stock tires wearing out that fast?

Yes, I got less than 14k out of my first set and they were really worn out. Should have changed them sooner.
post #7 of 30 Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 PM

There are a number of tire options "if" you are okay running non-runflats and/or running a lower speed rated tire. Of course you can carry a compact spare/jack/4way (and another 50 to 60 lbs of weight) to address the non-runflat issue but it may be important to you to keep Y speed rated tires on the TH. "Most" (but not all) of the exact replacement sized tires are rated below Y.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 01-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.
post #8 of 30 Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM

It doesn't matter if there is 1 or 100 options....if the Conti DWS06 is on the list you have a winner.

I've purchased them for multiple vehicles over the years and aside from the fact that they're not a Max Performance Summer tire they are excellent in all conditions.

They are quiet, comfortable, great in the rain, and the best all season i've ever driven in snow.

When my stockers wear they will be on deck for my jeep without hesitation.

2018 Trackhawk
2017 Wrangler Sahara
2015 Audi RS7
2009 GTR
2007 911 Turbo
post #9 of 30 Old 01-15-2019, 09:58 AM

Lots of good responses above... as Car Guy says, you have to decide if you want to run a RF or not. If not, then there are some good tires, as Rez and bloody have already mentioned.

As far as the OEM tires... if you get the 3-seasons, expect 10k miles. I know this from experience with these on a '15 JC SRT I owned. And I didn't kill those tires. I would say my driving style was normal for someone purchasing a hot-rod type of vehicle; enthusiastic, but not racing at every stoplight, for sure. There were times I felt like i babied those tires and they were done at 10k.

On my '18 TH, I have the all-season Pirellis and at 4500 miles I cannot tell any noticeable wear. I hope to get 18-20k miles out of them, which I think is very good for a vehicle this heavy with this much power, running a tread compound that allows it to hook 707hp from a dig.
hawkku likes this.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #10 of 30 Old 01-18-2019, 07:02 AM

Almost 22,000 miles on stock tires and still lots of tread left (at least 15000 more). These have been run hard MANY times.
WA 2 FST, hawkku and ROCKETW19 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page