Who’s done or is going to do the driving school? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 42 Old 06-12-2019, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Who’s done or is going to do the driving school?

Not everyone is aware that our Jeeps comes with a day at Bondurant driving school in Phoenix (Chandler), so I just wanted to make everyone aware that you have this if you want take advantage of it. I’m scheduled for September, was going in April but had to push back the date n no way in hell am I going to Phoenix in the summer.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #2 of 42 Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 PM

That is good time of year to go. I filled out the form on the dodge website and got a reply. Trucks built after Feb 2019 do not qualify. If anyone wants to let me have your slot, I'll Take it. I only live 3 hours from the school.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #3 of 42 Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30birdy99 View Post
That is good time of year to go. I filled out the form on the dodge website and got a reply. Trucks built after Feb 2019 do not qualify. If anyone wants to let me have your slot, I'll Take it. I only live 3 hours from the school.
I want to go but if I dont I will def give you my spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
Not everyone is aware that our Jeeps comes with a day at Bondurant driving school in Phoenix (Chandler), so I just wanted to make everyone aware that you have this if you want take advantage of it. I’m scheduled for September, was going in April but had to push back the date n no way in hell am I going to Phoenix in the summer.
do you know if we use their cars or we have to use our own? If I can fly there use their junk and fly home that will be cool. specially if I can drive a Demon or even a HC.
post #5 of 42 Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

You use their cars and they aren’t hellcats. They do take you on a flying lap in one though. If I’m honest, it’s not any big deal, they have other classes that aren’t complimentary where you get to drive fast cars. I used to work at Intel down the street from the school so I’m gonna make a weekend out of it n see old friends while I’m there. Check out the bondurant website for deets
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #6 of 42 Old 06-12-2019, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

So I’m wondering why they stopped the program. I know the school went through some financial issues and closed their doors but they’ve found a way to keep operating. I’m wondering if the stoppage of the program was related to this, maybe it was only temporary while they were closed. Idk, might be worth a second try. I’ve got contact info to the school if you’d like to ask them directly.
But like I said, I’m mostly going to meet up with old friends.
post #7 of 42 Old 06-13-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Unless they changed recently you cant sell or give your slot to someone else. I went in Feb 2016 and upgraded to the 3 day Hell Cat school. Very good. They had 30+ Hell Cats and about that many Vipers when I went. I drove a 2016 Charger HC just like the one I own today.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #8 of 42 Old 06-13-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
Unless they changed recently you cant sell or give your slot to someone else. I went in Feb 2016 and upgraded to the 3 day Hell Cat school. Very good. They had 30+ Hell Cats and about that many Vipers when I went. I drove a 2016 Charger HC just like the one I own today.
I thought it might be worth a shot. I am good at impersonating if I have to. LOL

I think the program was dropped due to the stability of the school and the cost to FCA. Not that many owners ever even went vs. all qualifying SRT vehicles that are sold.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #9 of 42 Old 06-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I thought it might be worth a shot. I am good at impersonating if I have to. LOL
I dont know bro I am pretty **** good looking. might be hard passing for me, LMAO
post #10 of 42 Old 06-13-2019, 09:45 PM

As an FYI, I attended and completed the Frank Hawley drag race school last week. I elected to get certified in the Super Gas cars which allows me to obtain a NHRA Pro Sportsman license (Super gas) which is good down to a 7.50 1/4 mile ET, in a 125” and under wheelbase vehicle. Frank is a real pro and 6 passes in a 9 second race car ain’t to shabby either!!

2018 Trackhawk “White Lightning”
Livernois S1025 Package
Livernois Cold Air Intake

1968 Corvette
BPE 632 with Holley Super Sniper EFI (880 to 1,000 hp)
Monster Xtreme 4L80e Transmission
Willwood Brakes
Complete Ridetech coil over suspension
Duntov Racing center section, half shafts and spindles
Install and tuning by “Madman” Frankie Taylor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page