A cololrado newbie - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By chad951

post #1 of 6 Old 06-24-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

A cololrado newbie

Hello group. Just signed on a dotted line, will pick up 2018 TH on friday. Test drove it past saturday. Owned WK2, wife refers to it as her all time favorite vehicle. She wanted a Summit, i wanted to choke myself with notion of that. So we compromised... test drove X5M, LX570, Q7. when wife realized that for exception of X5M those choices were draining life from me we test drove something i wanted... Zr1 convertible, Zl1 convertible, various hellcats, 911 turbo, ctsv. For exception of 200k Porsche or 100k caddy i was not happy with anything....at that point we decided to try a compromise. Well summits interior with stupid HP. I had **** eating grin entire test drive, i didnt need assistance to get up or get into the car (i am a fat 6'-2" with recently broken shoulder). Jeep was awesome for me in terms not needing to sit on a god **** floor to roll my butt into the drivers seat or needing a ski goggles because my line of sight is above the windshield frame ( chevy or corvette). It became obvious - trailhawk is not a compromise but a true dream car for wife and i.
Wheeling and dealing, i just signed the deal.
Looking forward to what i hope to be fun ownership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2019, 11:30 PM

Sounds like you did thorough shopping and research. Congrats on pulling the trigger!

A person can read all the tests, and watch all the videos they want. But, for a vehicle like the TH, there's nothing like the experience of driving it.

If the power, sound and performance of the TH doesn't convince a person to get one, then they should probably stick to girly cars.

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440
1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440
1966 Corvette 427
post #3 of 6 Old 06-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the gang.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-25-2019, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilber View Post
Hello group. Just signed on a dotted line, will pick up 2018 TH on friday. Test drove it past saturday. Owned WK2, wife refers to it as her all time favorite vehicle. She wanted a Summit, i wanted to choke myself with notion of that. So we compromised... test drove X5M, LX570, Q7. when wife realized that for exception of X5M those choices were draining life from me we test drove something i wanted... Zr1 convertible, Zl1 convertible, various hellcats, 911 turbo, ctsv. For exception of 200k Porsche or 100k caddy i was not happy with anything....at that point we decided to try a compromise. Well summits interior with stupid HP. I had **** eating grin entire test drive, i didnt need assistance to get up or get into the car (i am a fat 6'-2" with recently broken shoulder). Jeep was awesome for me in terms not needing to sit on a god **** floor to roll my butt into the drivers seat or needing a ski goggles because my line of sight is above the windshield frame ( chevy or corvette). It became obvious - trailhawk is not a compromise but a true dream car for wife and i.
Wheeling and dealing, i just signed the deal.
Looking forward to what i hope to be fun ownership.
ha good story. I was in market for Gen 2 Raptor - Escalade or H1 Alpha (old hummer with duramax) the new Raptors suck and was told the TH are going well under MSRP. I dropped everything and bought it. never even looked at the H1s or anything else lol sold.
Only regret was not looking into the H1s more. I am 6-2 also 275LBs with 85% of that muscle I dont fit in many things and the TH I just barley fit. but the performance makes up for the tight space.

whats first for you any mods planned? Id say everyone has to at least do intake the sound alone is worth it.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 PM

Garage
Welcome and I second the kudos on a great purchase story. I too was hooked the second I test drove it. I remember my wife telling me not to get too excited until I drove it. The strange thing was that I think my wife liked it more than I did. That was a first. She never once balked at the price. Lol!

Congrats again.
Black Track likes this.

2018 Trackhawk - Bright White - Loaded
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
2001 Audi S8 - 6 speed manual
post #6 of 6 Old 06-27-2019, 12:24 AM

chad951: You scored! A great vehicle and a great wife!

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440
1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440
1966 Corvette 427

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page