Committed today - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 9Likes

post #1 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Committed today

After thinking about it for days, then searching (nationwide) for a Trackhawk of my liking for another couple of days, today I ordered one.

Now I can only hope that it won't be built on 1-2-20.
post #2 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 07:50 PM

Congrats !

What color/options did you order?

Did they give you an estimated delivery window?
Jimmy N. likes this.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, Chicago X.

I literally kept it light on options, except for the color. Only added the Velvet red, "Titanium" wheels, and the tow package.
One local dealer told me to expect 90 days, my go-to dealer (out of state) said 6-8 weeks. So I ordered through the out of state dealer to get it quicker.

Just kidding. But while I was offered a few thousand off MSRP by the local one, my go-to beat that by another 4K.

Now it remains to be seen when it shows up. A Challenger we ordered last year took over four months to make it to the dealer...from after it was built.

'18 Challenger, '19 Challenger, '20 Trackhawk ordered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 10:35 PM

What kind of pricing are you seeing when ordering one versus finding a left over 18 or 19 that are $8k to as much as $18k off retail? Are you paying retail prices?

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #5 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
Thank you, Chicago X.

I literally kept it light on options, except for the color. Only added the Velvet red, "Titanium" wheels, and the tow package.
One local dealer told me to expect 90 days, my go-to dealer (out of state) said 6-8 weeks. So I ordered through the out of state dealer to get it quicker.

Just kidding. But while I was offered a few thousand off MSRP by the local one, my go-to beat that by another 4K.

Now it remains to be seen when it shows up. A Challenger we ordered last year took over four months to make it to the dealer...from after it was built.
Congrats. I ordered around Sept. 18th and it showed up Oct. 10th at the dealer. I got the same color wheel combo, nice choice.
Jimmy N. likes this.
post #6 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Couldn't help but notice the heavily optioned and discounted ones with up to 18K off sticker. But I didn't want a lot of options, especially the top heavy and expensive sun roof.

So when the wheeling and dealing was over I'll have to pay 7K below sticker for a '20 optioned exactly to my liking.
To me that beats getting an '18, even if the price was the same.
ekaz likes this.

post #7 of 18 Old 12-02-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
Congrats. I ordered around Sept. 18th and it showed up Oct. 10th at the dealer. I got the same color wheel combo, nice choice.
Man, that was quick!
Maybe mine will get built before they get in the Christmas "spirit" at the factory? Not counting on that, though.

How would you say that the Velvet looks in real life, by the way? I'm hoping that it'll be similar to the color of an '01 Cherokee XJ I had.

post #8 of 18 Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy N. View Post
Man, that was quick!
Maybe mine will get built before they get in the Christmas "spirit" at the factory? Not counting on that, though.

How would you say that the Velvet looks in real life, by the way? I'm hoping that it'll be similar to the color of an '01 Cherokee XJ I had.
I was in the same boat with looking for a used or leftover '18 or '19. I couldn't find what I wanted, so after some abck and forth, ending up ordering exactly what I wanted.
As for the color in person, way better than any pictures. I was never a fan of red vehicles until I saw this and octane red on the hellcats. It's going back a bit, but the in the shade, the color should be really close to your XJ. In direct light, this may look brighter at certain angles, more metallic in the paint.
Jimmy N. likes this.
post #9 of 18 Old 12-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
I was in the same boat with looking for a used or leftover '18 or '19. I couldn't find what I wanted, so after some abck and forth, ending up ordering exactly what I wanted.
As for the color in person, way better than any pictures. I was never a fan of red vehicles until I saw this and octane red on the hellcats. It's going back a bit, but the in the shade, the color should be really close to your XJ. In direct light, this may look brighter at certain angles, more metallic in the paint.
I'm in North Carolina & went from Florida to Massachusetts harassing dealerships with leftover '18s until I found one that wanted to play ball. Only option mine didn't have, that I kinda wanted but wasn't a deal breaker, was the tow package. Ended up buying one almost 750 miles away from me & got over $20k off MSRP.
post #10 of 18 Old 12-03-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteHawk View Post
I'm in North Carolina & went from Florida to Massachusetts harassing dealerships with leftover '18s until I found one that wanted to play ball. Only option mine didn't have, that I kinda wanted but wasn't a deal breaker, was the tow package. Ended up buying one almost 750 miles away from me & got over $20k off MSRP.
I tried looking all over but by the time I figured in having to sell my '15, the travel costs, etc...it wasn't that big of a difference and I didn't have to "settle".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in