Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Had an intake made for my Trackhawk

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  8SecTurboJeep 
#1 ·
I wanted something different. Soon there will be a rush of intakes on the market I'm sure, but not like mine. Had this made out of titanium. It's a one off and not cheap to make. 4" Titanium tubing isn't cheap, but looks cool. They still need to "blue" it in with some heat. The torch they had would have taken forever. Going back with a fan torch. Should make it look much better. Enjoy the pics and vids....

Stock.....

Road test of the intake

Revving with the intake

At least FCA made this thing easy to mod. LMAO

See less See more
4 1
#4 ·
FWIW.... The best I could get stock was 3.5. The best I got the other night was 3.3. Dyno sheet showed a 20rwhp gain.

Attachments

#3 ·
Not exactly accurate on how fast it is to remove the factory intake considering you had already removed all the hardware and clips. It definitely takes at least a couple minutes.

Nice sounding intake though...

#8 ·
I would stay away from any intake that does not shield the filter from the hot air near the motor. Jeep went to great lengths to design the front end to channel cooler air into the box. Now if we could modify the demon intake to fit, that would be perfect :) 👌

#10 ·
Love how it looks, not too sold on the sound. Don't think the high pitch whine really suits the deeper sounds of the engine/exhaust. Also its never really a good idea to install an intake that doesn't have some sort of heat shield, especially if its short ram intake that sits right next to the engine.

#11 ·
Lol.... you guys and your heat shields man. Where do you think the factory air box pulls air from? The bottom of the factory air box is open so it's pulling hot air from the engine bay. When you're driving down the road, air is flowing into the engine bay. Yes there's a teeny tiny little "ram air" tube or whatever the factory is trying to do with that. It's about the opening size of a large garden hose man.

You're going to get the same sound from pretty much any intake system out there that's not an enclosed box. Not much can be done about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.