Muffler Delete - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 19Likes

post #1 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Muffler Delete

Friday I did Mid Muffler delete on the trackhawk, 1K miles. Straight piped from cats to the stock resonators. Holy $hit its loud. I had a 2015 srt previously which had catted ARH headers and mid muffler delete and I thought that was loud but it was nothing like this. The trackhawk resonators must be a higher flow then the 15 srt for sure. These have more of a hollow sound to them. Regardless this now has a lot of gurgling and popping then before. Volume is up bigtime. Super quiet on the highway, but when you hit the gas its a beast.

I did this only because I was thinking of going borla atk but before I spent the $ on that I wanted to see what this brought for the $200 for the muffler removal. This was 100% worth it.

Disclaimer... the supercharger wine is much harder to hear now but the exhaust note is wicked.
post #2 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 03:33 PM

Bummer was thinking of trying this but it sounds to loud for me. I traded a 2016 SRT in for the Trackhawk and miss the SRT sound with the ATAK Axle back kit.
post #3 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

So my question is this.... what exactly is the difference in what I did vs. buying another system? The borla also removes the suitcase muffler but adds a x pipe if im correct along with their resonators. In my situation I straight piped to the factory. Ideally this is the same thing and a fraction of the cost. Let me know if im wrong. I just dont get spending the $1600 on something that does the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

am I confused? you took out mufflers or you took out the cats? the post makes it seem like you took out mufflers? if so thats insane and prob crazy loud?
whats a mid muffler and whats a suit case muffler?
post #5 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

I am catted and have no suitcase. Just the stock resonators.
post #6 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Im sorry I am lost.
there is manifolds to cats to mufflers to X to tips.
i can see the mufflers as a suit case but what is a resonator then?

I was going to add the Livernois mid pipe and wondering if that is what you did? I had though that pipe was just deleting the cats?
anyways thanks for help
post #7 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay1973 View Post
I am catted and have no suitcase. Just the stock resonators.
**** if suit case is muffler I assume it is thats gotta be loud as an airplane? you def gonna get tickets. maybe add the cut outs so you can close it when wanted and open when wanted?
post #8 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

@Rocket. The mid muffler is just post the cats and is about the size/shape of a suitcase, then there are two resonators/mufflers closer to the tailpipes.

Technically it’s all just pipes underneath but what most people find out by modifying their exhaust (especially on the cheap) is that you wind up with cabin drone. If you want to get really technical about performance related aspects of exhaust modification, research exhaust scavenging.
JMS935, hawkku and ROCKETW19 like this.
post #9 of 41 Old 04-22-2019, 10:39 PM

I originally just did the suitcase delete. It was loud as f all the time and not really a nice tone, just loud. Would not recommend this option alone, definitely do some sort of system
emericr, hawkku and ROCKETW19 like this.

2018 Trackhawk

Current:
2012 GCH SRT Gone
2014 991 tts
post #10 of 41 Old 05-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
Im sorry I am lost.
there is manifolds to cats to mufflers to X to tips.
i can see the mufflers as a suit case but what is a resonator then?

I was going to add the Livernois mid pipe and wondering if that is what you did? I had though that pipe was just deleting the cats?
anyways thanks for help

It sounds like you may be referring to the resonators / secondary mufflers before the exhaust tips. Our mid-pipes would only eliminate the primary cats and would leave the catback system intact. Then some guys are deleting the mufflers (Suitcase) after the cats which makes the exhaust a bit more aggressive than what most are looking for on a street driven vehicle, and can definitely cause some drone type of issues as others have mentioned on here as well.
ROCKETW19 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page