Brake dust!!!!!! - Page 7 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 24Likes

post #61 of 96 Old 01-09-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWells18# View Post
so..when i dropped off my truck yesterday..the service manager...was flippin out over my truck. said he heard me pullin up from a block away...long story short...i took a pic of my odometer...just in case...lol
- went to pick it up at 5 today.....noticed it was driven 12 miles...! i calmly walked into the office to pay and get my keys....and asked.."hey, did anyone test drive it to make sure the brakes work??" the manager(not the guy that wrote it up yesterday) said..umm..yea....we did...i said...so..where did he go to test drive it...answer...oh, down the block and back...i said" really...hmm...how far you reckon that is..answer..a mile or 2...i said.."okay, then WTF is there 12 miles on my truck..who the Fack took it for a JOY RIDE>???? sir..we didnt joy ride your car...
oh really,....what would you call 12 miles!!!??!!...sir..we didnt joy ride your car..
okay buddy....how much you takin off my bill for the joy ride?? he said..we aint takin nothing off....i said ok..i';ll just call the police...he said..ya know what..and he ripped up bill and told me never to come back...i said sure..give me a receipt that says n/c and im outta here...
- he hadda see the veins in my neck...cuz i was STEAMING mad...
never trust these guys...wow...
- breaks work great!! no squeaking...no dust!!!! yes!!!
But now you’re down a dealer you can’t bring it to, not sure how much good that does you going forward. Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch over this? Whenever I drop off one of my 930s for any mechanical work, I specifically ask the mechanic to get it out on the highway and flog the sh|t out of it to make sure she is running properly. If it’s in the shop for something that definitely doesn’t need to be road tested, then that’s something totally different, but you had your brakes changed. Those need to be tested. Sounds like you slightly overreacted to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 96 Old 01-09-2019, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

I don’t think this was a dealer install if I’m reading the post right. Sounds like he had them installed at a sorta speed shop.
post #63 of 96 Old 01-09-2019, 07:43 AM

lil hemi- correct...and i would not have minded a mile or 2..what bothers some people...others ignore..
it bothered me..the dishonesty, etc....life goes on...
i drive it hard..24/7- "they" don't have that right...
post #64 of 96 Old 01-09-2019, 07:54 AM

ps- driving it on the hiway for 12 miles...is hardly a way to check the brakes..lmao
post #65 of 96 Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM

Got it. I misunderstood, thought it was a dealership for some reason. I would be less forgiving if it were at just some local wrench as well.
post #66 of 96 Old 01-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

I’m not so sure there was any joy riding going on. It was in vallet mode so it couldn’t be much fun to drive. There is a break in procedure that would help explain the mileage. Not trying to defend them but that could be the reason.
post #67 of 96 Old 01-10-2019, 06:28 AM

Lil Hemi- It was NOT in valet mode...didnt think i would need to do that...
when i asked the service manager- matter of factly..."hey guys...did you test er out to make sure its all good??" his response was.."umm, yea sure"..i said curious...where did u test drive her(i asked in a non accusatory manner) he said down the block and back...i said cool..how far you figure that is...he said a mile or 2....i said gee..thats funny, cuz ya'all put 12 miles on my truck...he disappeared for a few mins..and came back with the lamest excuse/reason for the miles....some crap like he took it down the hiway....gmafb...the radio was off...they went for a nice joy ride...plain n simple..
when i dropped it off..they were all in awe of it...sounds like a beast with the exhaust ...rides on 22's..looks great sounds great..i expected! a mile or 2..no doubt..but 12 miles isn't a "test drive" for replacing pads!! and on the hiway?!! lol
brakes work great..no dust..no squeaking.....a must to have...
post #68 of 96 Old 01-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Ohhhhhhh. I’m sure it’ll survive but that’s no bueno. ALWAYS vallet mode.......always!!

Hopefully the lack of dust will make it all worth it.
post #69 of 96 Old 01-10-2019, 08:02 AM

I have already ran through a full tank of gas and the calipers and wheels still look as clean as the day I installed the pads and detailed the calipers! Usually after they are clean and 100 miles of city driving everything is covered in brake dust with the stock pads… Changing the pads is well worth the time and investment in my opinion!
post #70 of 96 Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM

the "trouble" is/was well worth it! I used to have it washed..and literally...after a few miles of city driving ..theyd be dusty...by the end of the day..like they were never washed....i rec these pads for ALL owners...a must have...
an amazing truck..with few, if any flaws....
OverKill likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page