Brake dust!!!!!! - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 24Likes

post #1 of 95 Old 06-19-2018, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Brake dust!!!!!!

So I have the black wheels and have a hell of a time trying to keep them clean from brake dust/road debris. I even have the wheels ceramic coated! I have tried wheel brushes, from canon, wheel brake dust remover, microfiber cloth(wet and dry), 2 bucket technique... everything!!! I still cant seem to them to like new, and when I get close, i drive it around the black and it’s filthy again! I know these big brimbos throw a lot, any other pads to recommend!?? Any other cleaners/cleaning technique?? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 Old 06-19-2018, 09:26 PM

Demonology is advertising pads that equal OEM performance with heavily reduced dust. If it’s true, I’m definitely getting a set because I’m in the same boat. I was hoping they’d spray clean since I had them coated but no such luck
post #3 of 95 Old 06-20-2018, 07:19 AM

Yes Demon Performance has some in the works, and I am still waiting for the front pads to come out... I think we will all be happy with the same performance with less dust.
post #4 of 95 Old 06-20-2018, 09:22 AM

The brake dust is the bane of my existence....the second front pads are available that reduce the dust, I'm in...but i have not found a pair yet...i hear a lotta "soon" from folks....sigh
post #5 of 95 Old 06-20-2018, 10:19 AM

+1

Skip has some in work and coming soon=

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/6...ackhawk-3.html
X+ Pilot likes this.
post #6 of 95 Old 06-20-2018, 11:27 AM

I am trying to convince them to make carbon ceramic rotors for the trackhawk.... They have ZERO brake dust....... They came on my z06 and i couldnt be happier with them.... The trackhawk brakes have NOTHING on the vette... I know its 2000lbs lighter... But the carbon ceramic is where its at!!!
post #7 of 95 Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWGW View Post
I am trying to convince them to make carbon ceramic rotors for the trackhawk.... They have ZERO brake dust....... They came on my z06 and i couldnt be happier with them.... The trackhawk brakes have NOTHING on the vette... I know its 2000lbs lighter... But the carbon ceramic is where its at!!!

That would be cool but very expensive. I totally understand carbon ceramic rotors on the Vette because it is a track machine. Cornering Beast!! Not too sure that is needed on the Trackhawk especially for the added expense. The Carbon Ceramic rotors alone on certain Porsche’s are almost $2500 each rotor. I’m sure the Corvette is up there also.

But you are correct. The brake dust would be less, it’s just a heck of a price to pay for some dust.

Dan Marckstadt
Huntington Beach, Ca

Last edited by Surf City Dan; 06-20-2018 at 03:01 PM.
post #8 of 95 Old 06-20-2018, 03:16 PM

This is exactly the reason why I skipped on the ceramic coating application for the wheels. My installer gave me some sound advice regarding this. Saved me about $400. There is no solution for the brake dust except for daily cleaning if you are extreme ocd. I clean mine twice a week and that’s the perfect trade off for me.
post #9 of 95 Old 06-21-2018, 05:16 AM

Powerstop should have the NO dust Z23's and Z26's ready for market in September. Reach out to them and let them know you are interested.

"One of One" 2018 Rhino Trackhawk 11.30'[email protected] STOCK

2016 TORRED Dodge Charger Hellcat
10.30's @ 134 mph

.......some of my other cars
*2016 Cadillac ATS-V
*Pontiac Comp T/A
10.80's @ 128 mph 1.47 60ft
post #10 of 95 Old 06-21-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf City Dan View Post
That would be cool but very expensive. I totally understand carbon ceramic rotors on the Vette because it is a track machine. Cornering Beast!! Not too sure that is needed on the Trackhawk especially for the added expense. The Carbon Ceramic rotors alone on certain Porsche’s are almost $2500 each rotor. I’m sure the Corvette is up there also.

But you are correct. The brake dust would be less, it’s just a heck of a price to pay for some dust.
I never said they were cheap... But we are riding around in 5300lbs beasts... The added weight, IMO, would make the CCB even more worth while... as the weight would help heat them up and get them going faster... Ill bite the bullet... The breaks feel HORRIBLE after coming in from my z06... Again i understand the weight diff and the two diff vehicles... But lets just try it out... Ill put out 5 figures for a set!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in