Eibach Pro Trackhawk Springs & Towing? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By Dguth
  • 1 Post By WA 2 FST

post #1 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Question Eibach Pro Trackhawk Springs & Towing?

Anyone tow with the Eibach Pro kit installed on stock wheels/tires? What about on 22" aftermarket rims and Eibach?

I would really like to lower but I have a 21 foot wake boat that weights around 4000lbs and 1500lbs trailer that I worry about. Any insight or experience would be helpful!
post #2 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 11:46 AM

I tow my track car with an aluminum trailer, about 1,500 pounds and my track car is about 3k. I have the lowered Eibach springs and 22 inch Velgen wheels. Itís very close to rubbing on the rear tires. I also have the fender flares which can also create less room technically. Under load the tires swing in at the top so it give you some room however if you hit a pretty significant bump it will rub just slightly.

Iíve had no issues towing but would be concerned if I was towing heavier weight. Iím attaching picture below and you can see how low it is in rear. I can barely get a finger in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguth View Post
I tow my track car with an aluminum trailer, about 1,500 pounds and my track car is about 3k. I have the lowered Eibach springs and 22 inch Velgen wheels. Itís very close to rubbing on the rear tires. I also have the fender flares which can also create less room technically. Under load the tires swing in at the top so it give you some room however if you hit a pretty significant bump it will rub just slightly.

Iíve had no issues towing but would be concerned if I was towing heavier weight. Iím attaching picture below and you can see how low it is in rear. I can barely get a finger in there.

what about helper bags? has anyone installed bags to hold the back up? I will prob end up doing this one of these days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:

So much "badassery" in this pic.
Boosted Hawk likes this.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #5 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
what about helper bags? has anyone installed bags to hold the back up? I will prob end up doing this one of these days

Not familiar with the bags option. I might look into it. Anybody have a link or more details!

post #6 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
So much "badassery" in this pic.

Thanks! As much as I love my Jeep, thereís nothing that can beat the joy of driving that car, especially at Mid Ohio where I track it. Sometimes Iíll take the Jeep out on parade laps.

post #7 of 9 Old 05-21-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks! As much as I love my Jeep, thereís nothing that can beat the joy of driving that car, especially at Mid Ohio where I track it. Sometimes Iíll take the Jeep out on parade laps.

Yep... feel the same way about my ZR1
post #8 of 9 Old 05-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not familiar with the bags option. I might look into it. Anybody have a link or more details!

this was just a fast google. I have not looked into this system or any systems yet but this is the idea. It will ift the back of your TH level and wont sag

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=23229
post #9 of 9 Old 05-24-2019, 09:39 AM

towing

Hi,
I lowered mine and and installed all bwoody suspension parts. I have the tow package and standard sized tires although I now have continental extreams. I tow my 17 ft boat and my friends 24 ft twin engine tunnel and can't tell it's behind. I did have to change receivers to make up for the 2 inch or so drop. Stock tires, not a worry. Tow setting does change the shift pattern.
Doug

1979 Rx7 (for sale)
1996 Impala
2008 GT500 convertable, 570 HP RW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page