Eibach Pro Springs Question - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 6Likes

Old 05-30-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Eibach Pro Springs Question

Hi Everyone:

My pro sprigs arrive today and they will be installed Saturday am. Question, anything I should let the installer know before installation based on anyone else experiencing certain issues in install, or anything to watch out for? I will have the allignment checked after but was not sure if anything other then this.

For those who have these how do they drive and anything that stands out other then the look of the truck, but more on the performance end?

Any insights appreciated, I'm excited to get them installed.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

nothing special on install.
you will fell the truck is tighter for lack of better words. it turns better, not as much lean.
it feels like your in sport setting all the time.
thats about it
WA 2 FST likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Perfect, I appreciate the feedback. Now I just cant wait until Saturday to get them installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2019, 12:36 PM

Mine are being installed as I type. I am just hoping the ride is not too harsh. Sport suspension mode is good, and if that is what it feels like, then it will be great. But I'm a little nervous about it riding rough. Worst case is I put it back to stock, of course. Worth a shot, IMHO.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
Old 05-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

one thing I can warn you about is the alignment. This is what I was "told" I personally dont know much about the subject. I was told with in speck doesn't mean its good. he went on to explain camber and other stuff that went in one ear and out the other. I had and used the Bwoody suspension kit and he said with out that kit it wouldnt be perfect. I might be in speck but not perfect. I wish I could explain more I just didnt pay that much attention. Hes the local guru alignment guy so I just let him set it how he wanted.
I would get the Bwoody camber kit at least its only $100 bucks. if you have extra cash to waste get the whole kit
Old 05-30-2019, 01:25 PM

Yep... doesn't surprise me.

From what I've seen of guys posting their "after" alignment specs, it may be slightly out in the rear camber (which will create additional tire wear on the inside portion of the tread). Front _should_ be ok, but like your tech said... it may still not be perfect. A lot of that depends on what the user/customer wants.

Here's my thinking... even if it is slightly out or not perfect, as long as the vehicle tracks well and handles well, it shouldn't be a huge issue. These tires are going to be done after 15k miles anyway...regardless. So if there is a tiny bit of extra camber, if it doesn't adversely affect handling and drivability, then I'm not going to worry about it for now.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Just be sure they know that the fronts and rears are different, don’t wanna put rears on the front or both on one side.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
Just be sure they know that the fronts and rears are different, dont wanna put rears on the front or both on one side.
Yep... seen that happen too. I took some permanent marker and labeled the plastic bags the springs were individually wrapped in. LOL I do trust these techs, but after hearing of several stories of springs being installed backwards, I didn't think it would hurt.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:03 PM

I completed my install this past weekend. The look is better and probably what most of us are after. I haven't logged enough miles to determine handling, I know the trucks handling limitations have a lot to do with things other than springs, but I hope to address those in the near future. I am also looking forward to how it handles towing since lowered.

A few notes about the install I learned as I went through it all. Eibach does not supply directions so I used the MOPAR spring install directions to get all the torque specs needed. They also do NOT supply new nuts for the front struts. I had to get new ones, nylon fasteners should only be used once. Spring ends do not line up where the factory springs did exactly, just be sure to index everything before disassembly.
ROCKETW19 likes this.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
Old 05-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
Yep... doesn't surprise me.

From what I've seen of guys posting their "after" alignment specs, it may be slightly out in the rear camber (which will create additional tire wear on the inside portion of the tread). Front _should_ be ok, but like your tech said... it may still not be perfect. A lot of that depends on what the user/customer wants.

Here's my thinking... even if it is slightly out or not perfect, as long as the vehicle tracks well and handles well, it shouldn't be a huge issue. These tires are going to be done after 15k miles anyway...regardless. So if there is a tiny bit of extra camber, if it doesn't adversely affect handling and drivability, then I'm not going to worry about it for now.
I agree the tires are not gonna last long on this 5K pound beast,
the tech did tell me he purposely put negative camber in the rear (I think rear) he told me the degrees but I forget now. I pretty much just trusted his skill set. I bet most shops that do this know all the tricks and where the specks should be. I know if i did this everyday I would know all the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in