What did you do to your Jeep Trackhawk today? - Page 15 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 65Likes

post #141 of 158 Old 04-19-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
spark plugs - thermostat and CAI?
Who are you gonna use to tune it?
Yes thermostat...

Car has a legmaker Intake along with a full GT haus exhuast... and getting ARH headers to put on it...

HP tuners to tune it.....
ROCKETW19 likes this.
post #142 of 158 Old 04-21-2019, 03:36 PM

Catch can installed. Simple plug and play install and will be easy to service when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_131641431_HDR.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	5976  

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #143 of 158 Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel454 View Post
  • Added Billet Tech Catch can in "Matte Titanium" color (More underhood dress up on the way).

• Replaced a few of the TrackHawk / 2018 JGC shortcomings...
  • Replaced the horribly light & flimsy Cargo Floor with one from a 2017.
  • Installed Mac Tie Down Runners.
  • Added back in the Rechargeable Flashlight!

My 2018 has the metal bars on the cargo door which I hate as it makes my rubber matt just slide around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 158 Old 04-23-2019, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
My 2018 has the metal bars on the cargo door which I hate as it makes my rubber mat just slide around.
Strange, haven't seen a single TrackHawk with the bars, makes me wonder if the dealer swapped the floor out...

Maybe the original was damaged and they ordered the wrong replacement.

One of the early 2018 buyers (on another forum) had mentioned he was disappointed with the floor when he went to pick his up so his dealer let him swap his old floor into his new vehicle before taking delivery. Could definitely see that happening in reverse.

I definitely understand why those with the rubber mats prefer it without the bars. Slides work better for my uses though.

---PAST---
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4

---PRESENT---
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk (738AWHP)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (Bolt Ons & Tune)
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 (400RWHP)
post #145 of 158 Old 04-24-2019, 12:21 AM

I installed the Borla cat back S Type exhaust today. What a difference in sound, I love it.
post #146 of 158 Old 04-24-2019, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Shadow, please touch base in a few weeks about your thoughts. I’m looking hard at this one and I’ve always loved a V8 Borla sound. I’m hoping for slight changes at idle and throatier sounds at wot. Good luck 🍀 what style tips did you choose?
post #147 of 158 Old 04-24-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
Shadow, please touch base in a few weeks about your thoughts. I’m looking hard at this one and I’ve always loved a V8 Borla sound. I’m hoping for slight changes at idle and throatier sounds at wot. Good luck 🍀 what style tips did you choose?
For now I kept the factory tips, I love the deep V8 roar that I now have now. I was hesitant at first on installing an exhaust system, but now well worth it. This is the sound it should of had when I picked it up at the dealer. I feel good about this decision. I had nothing but compliments on the road today.
post #148 of 158 Old 04-24-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9317 View Post
For now I kept the factory tips, I love the deep V8 roar that I now have now. I was hesitant at first on installing an exhaust system, but now well worth it. This is the sound it should of had when I picked it up at the dealer. I feel good about this decision. I had nothing but compliments on the road today.
I'm considering as well as I had Borla on my SRT and loved it. No drone and a great sound. Can you upload a sound clip of the start up and the view from the rear with the factory tips for us?
post #149 of 158 Old 04-24-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9317 View Post
I'm considering as well as I had Borla on my SRT and loved it. No drone and a great sound. Can you upload a sound clip of the start up and the view from the rear with the factory tips for us?
Yes, as soon as I get a chance. Sounds great. Factory tips look the same before and after install
post #150 of 158 Old 04-25-2019, 01:33 PM

Since I got mine 3 weeks ago....

Windows Tinted,
Added Upgraded Drop in Filter
Suitcase Deleted - love the sound right now! so does everyone else lol.... $200 cost and 100% not worth buying a full system for $1600 -- use that $ for something else.
Debadged GC both doors - left the supercharger badge for now.

On Order...
Eibach pro Lowering Springs -- ordered direct from Eibach
Sorona Rear wing... the one on the red jeep first picture ... painting Black to match the lower diffuser.
Painting the grill rings gloss black to get rid of whatever color jeep thought looked good from the factory.
Daniel454 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page