Water/Methanol Injection - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 1Likes

Old 06-28-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Water/Methanol Injection

I searched this site but couldn't find a previous thread. After searching the net, have seen mostly all positive feedback about these systems which have been around for a long time.

Has anyone tried a system such as what Snow offers? https://www.snowperformance.net/Stag...-2170h-brd.htm

Would definitely make for cooler air intake temps (when you step on it) and allow more timing. I would have it start injecting a 5 pounds of boost and increase as boost goes up. This way the extra HP is available on demand. They say up to 20% gains are possible, but I'd be happy with even 10%. Seems too easy and wondering what the catch is.

HemiFever offers tunes and say they would simply add some timing above their performance tune for the TH.

I just installed an unlocked PCM and Trinity Platinum from Diablo so changing maps is easy and I could put everything back to stock quickly.

Also installed the Billet Tech catch can and have the Legmaker CAI on order.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

I haven’t seen any discussions about this on here. Did you try hellcat.org? The TH is still new enough that not many people are doing this but I bet there’s more than a few challengers and chargers that are running this.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:21 PM

I was told that adding this will boost HP significantly when coupled with the upgraded injectors, pulley, tune and plugs. My tuner offered the same snow performance meth kit when I go in on Aug 13'th for my build but I opted to no do this yet. I think once I get used to the new power I will have I might go with the meth Injection kit. I was told that your engine stays cleaner with this, and power gains are big. I dont know of anyone that has done this to a trackhawk yet so I would be curious to hear how it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

After searching the Hellcat forum as Lil Hemi suggested, as well as other sites, I decided not to do the meth. Main reason is that the meth may, if not likely eat the coatings on the SC blades over time. I’m instead going with the FI chiller (on order). The chiller will at least give back roughly 40HP of stock HP lost to heat. Chiller, spacers, upper pulley and a good dyno tune is all I plan to do for now. Easy to add more goodies later…
Old 07-31-2019, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

That’s basically the conclusion I came up with as well. Did you get the spacer plates and thermal blanket too? If you haven’t ordered yet, they have a peculiar way to place the order but don’t worry, it’s not a scam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5E0CEB78-8F1B-4845-9A06-E691AD1F54A9_1564602280014.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	6580  
Old 10-07-2019, 01:30 AM

Had water/meth injection on a Whipple’s 7.4L Suburban. Injection should be post supercharger. Works well, enabling higher boost / timing, but a pain in the ass mixing h2o/meth and beeping the tank full.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit0317 View Post
After searching the Hellcat forum as Lil Hemi suggested, as well as other sites, I decided not to do the meth. Main reason is that the meth may, if not likely eat the coatings on the SC blades over time. I’m instead going with the FI chiller (on order). The chiller will at least give back roughly 40HP of stock HP lost to heat. Chiller, spacers, upper pulley and a good dyno tune is all I plan to do for now. Easy to add more goodies later…
I was gonna suggest just this get the interchiller. wont get you as much HP but its all the time and never have to fill the system no maintenance nothing.
good choice IMO. I think everyone should at least get the blanket and spacers. heat kill these monsters fast.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:49 PM

I'll be the test pilot for water meth... I go in next week for that and my upper pulley. Already did lower pulley but at the time of install they said not to do the upper and the lower together unless I planned proper cooling. So next week its new plugs - stage 3 water meth kit and upper 2.85 - metco. I will report back on Monday the 21's with feedback. I found that my spare tire hole in the trunk will fit the 2.5" meth tank so it will be hidden. Oh -- this is my birthday gift to myself. That was my excuse to my wife.
ROCKETW19 likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 AM

@scottiekay1973 who is doing your work ?
Old 10-10-2019, 09:02 AM

I live in massachusetts, Granite State Dyno they are in Hudson NH. You can see my truck on my Instagram Page. @scott_kaz73

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in