Kill stories, bragging rights - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 27Likes

post #11 of 27 Old 01-01-2019, 02:57 PM

Today I met a Tesla. I caught up, speed 70-75mph. He saw me, it accelerated. Very soon I caught up, down to 120mph. Previously: Lexus LC 500. It was in front of me, did not let go, but I saw that I was faster. Yet I came before. He tried to get me down twice. (I suppose you twisted the buttons :: ). He gave up on the third. (Now they are watching the internet, what could be the Jeep .......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 11:44 AM

A Dodge SRT passed me yesterday clearly showing off. (Yes I know, no real contest) But I caught up with him just for fun anyway. We did the usual passing each other a few times as slower speeds before we found a nice clear and open stretch of road. We were both doing about 70 and side by side when he punched it. (Then I did too) It only took about 4 or 5 seconds and he was fully in my rear view mirror so I backed off. He followed me for almost 30 more mins and he never even tried to pass me again. I'm not 100% sure he knew what he was up against but it was fun to see just how much more pull a Trackhawk has over a SRT "at speed".
HellHawked likes this.
post #13 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 01:22 PM

Garage
This joker is a local YouTuber - I seriously thought he wasn't racing when I hit my brakes he was so far behind me, which you can see in the video. My buddy found the clip online. This was bone stock, 1500 miles.

2018 Trackhawk as my DD - makes me giggle everyday to and from work.
post #14 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
This joker is a local YouTuber - I seriously thought he wasn't racing when I hit my brakes he was so far behind me, which you can see in the video. My buddy found the clip online. This was bone stock, 1500 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uY0hJQbJho
What fools.
HellHawked likes this.
post #15 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 03:44 PM

Having had 4 new Vettes in the past 12 to 15 years, I can tell you no "stock" Vette is going to beat a TH in the 1/4... After ~140 to 150 a C6 or C7 will pass you and they do have a top end of maybe 10 to 15mph more. (Aerodynamics and weight become issues for the TH at those speeds) But in all the years I've been driving HP cars, I've never driven anything over 160. It's very hard to find any place to run those speeds in relative safety. Plus, if you are caught, you are probably going to jail.

Heck my 6.4 SRT's could beat C4 and C5 Vettes. (But not a C6 or C7) TH's should take them all pretty easily in the 1/4.

Now a C7Z06 against a TH is going to be very close in the 1/4. All else being equal, the TH probably has the edge due to it's AWD launch capability. However, a really good C7Z06 driver may be able to hook it up and make it really close.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 01-27-2019 at 04:35 PM.
post #16 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
What fools.
Agree. You’ve got to give them the flashers to claim your victory! But I agree, you had him so bad it didn’t even look like a race.

Joe

2018 TrackHawk
post #17 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Having had 4 new Vettes in the past 12 to 15 years, I can tell you no "stock" Vette is going to beat a TH in the 1/4... After ~140 to 150 a C6 or C7 will pass you and they do have a top end of maybe 10 to 15mph more. (Aerodynamics and weight become issues for the TH at those speeds) But in all the years I've been driving HP cars, I've never driven anything over 160. It's very hard to find any place to run those speeds in relative safety. Plus, if you are caught, you are probably going to jail.

Heck my 6.4 SRT's could beat C4 and C5 Vettes. (But not a C6 or C7) TH's should take them all pretty easily in the 1/4.

Now a C7Z06 against a TH is going to be very close in the 1/4. All else being equal, the TH probably has the edge due to it's AWD launch capability. However, a really good C7Z06 driver may be able to hook it up and make it really close.
I have no idea what your stock 6.4 SRT ran, but no chance my '15 SRT GC would run a low, mid-12, which is what a stock C5 Z06 runs (at least mine did... 12.3 @ 116). You must've had a ringer, or mine was just really slow. Mine was a high-12/107+mph vehicle on a good day.

Obviously the TH has a huge, huge advantage on a Vette, Hellcat/SRT Chally/Charger, Mustang, etc due to AWD. It would take a very skilled driver of any of these to run with a stock TH to ~60mph, and it will be extremely difficult to repeatedly do so. The TH is so consistent, which is part of its allure, I think. A stock C6ZR1 is easily a 3.2-3.3 to 60 car with a competent driver... after that, it will pull _hard_ on a stock TH, but it would have to pass it at speed, and we all know that takes a lot to do. Still 11.2 @ 128-130mph (what most stock C6 ZR1s run) is pulling away from a stock TH big time.

A stock TH is a monster to 0-80+mph. That's where it shines.

As far as the video, that Vette owner is an idiot and should be ashamed of claiming a "win." It had nothing to do with the curve in the road...LOL. He got owned.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #18 of 27 Old 01-27-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
I have no idea what your stock 6.4 SRT ran, but no chance my '15 SRT GC would run a low, mid-12, which is what a stock C5 Z06 runs (at least mine did... 12.3 @ 116). You must've had a ringer, or mine was just really slow. Mine was a high-12/107+mph vehicle on a good day.

I can see my post wasn't clear. I wasn't referring to Z06 Vettes until I mentioned it the last paragraph when I said "Now a C7Z06 against a TH is going to be very close in the 1/4." My early references to Vettes were the everyday run of the mill non Z06 Vettes. Or 95+% of the Vettes you see on the road.

BTW, my SRT's times/speeds were about the same as yours. My best TH time/speed in the 1/4 is 11.2 @122 which would say a TH and C7Z06 would cross the end of the 1/4 about dead even... After that the Z06 is going to be pulling away.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 01-27-2019 at 06:38 PM.
post #19 of 27 Old 08-21-2019, 11:31 AM

Not a kill story, but still a fun story. It was Monterey Car Week here in Cali last week which draws super cars from all over. As I was heading down there, I messed around with a Lambo Huracan for about 20 minutes until I inevitably ran out of gas. He couldn’t shake me or pass me, and at one point I was right on his ass from 60 to over 130. I find it hilarious when considering what the Lambo driver must have been thinking to have this big Jeep keeping up with his $300k sports car.
post #20 of 27 Old 08-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Idk how u guys get people to race u. Nobody seems to have a clue about lil Hemi.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page