Kill stories, bragging rights - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 27Likes

post #1 of 27 Old 11-15-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Kill stories, bragging rights

What all other cars ,suvs , trucks what ever. Have you raced and beaten . Stock how did your track hawk stack up against the competition. I have only had my truck less than a month and in that time i have been breaking it in. I have encontered vettes , mustangs , scat pack and hcs. But i didnt really get a race on . Now winter is coming and i daily my th so its starting to see less and less sports cars out. just curious as to what you all have encountered street strip fun. I always lovev to hear race stories and how the vehicle played out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 11-15-2018, 07:19 PM

I have yet to run into anything that had a shot... newer Mustang GTs with loud exhaust (could be other mods... no way to know), hot-rodded 370Z, yesterday was a kid in a newer Golf GTI riding my tail... he tried to pass but was not only denied, but was drug by bus lengths. I don't get out late at night enough to do lots of top-speed runs in "Mexico" like a lot of guys in my area do. We have some great concrete highways, and I could see the urge to wring it out. Just haven't done that. From a higher speed roll, this thing will get pulled, but that is to be expected.

Now that the weather is cooler, it is an absolute animal from a dig. I was running 0-60 in 3.5-3.6 in 80-90^F air here in N Texas. Now, on the same stretch of road, its consistent 3.1. I have two Vettes pushing 750hp, and I don't see how either would beat this thing to 60-70mph from a standing start.
Broken98 and Djfired like this.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #3 of 27 Old 11-15-2018, 08:01 PM

Kill stories, bragging rights

I have tons of gopro vids from the track, I think I have one loss. All TNT nights.

On the one vid, even the track guys are laughing their asses on camera because I drug every mustang of group there that day down the track...
Lol

Here’s a vid of me smoking a C63 down the road with a bike rack and bike on the back of the Trackhawk. Filmed by my kid in back seat .
https://instagram.com/p/Blgz9m0j9Y8/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Broken98, Djfired and ROCKETW19 like this.

Last edited by ThawkMike; 11-15-2018 at 08:05 PM.
post #4 of 27 Old 11-15-2018, 09:52 PM

2 quick "close encounter stories"

I came across a new C7 a few weeks ago as I was entering the freeway. He still had paper tags so it was brand new. Anyway, I saw him punch it when he was about 5 car lengths behind me, so I did too. I backed off somewhere between 110 and 120 and he was 9 to 10 car lengths behind me at that point. I actually felt bad for him and his new Vette. (But not too bad)

The one that surprised the heck out of me was a HP diesel pick-up. One of those you see on utube or the track. I could see him coming up fast behind me (the black smoke was so thick I couldn't see anything behind him). When he got to my rear bumper I nail it. I looked down and shut it down at ~135 and he was only about 50 feet behind me.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 11-15-2018 at 10:02 PM.
post #5 of 27 Old 11-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

I can’t get anyone to play with Lil Hemi. If they won’t play, I just blast them anyways. Call it Trackhawking.
post #6 of 27 Old 11-15-2018, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Cant wait till spring to go up to the local tracks and see some ets in person.
post #7 of 27 Old 11-17-2018, 09:53 AM

Nobody wants to race....but no one has been worthy yet either...
Broken98 likes this.
post #8 of 27 Old 11-18-2018, 05:36 PM

Just raced a '12 Corvette. It's pretty stock, owned by a friend from church. He's got a cat-back exhaust and a tune (which doesn't do a lot for a N/A LS3... more for throttle response and transmission tuning... his is a 6-speed auto). So we take the same road home from church, and at the first light we line up. Both take off pretty slow, then he punches it, so he got the hit. I nailed it and left him bad. It was 40^F out, so I'm sure he spun pretty hard through 1st gear. I had some minor tirespin, as well, but not horrible. I let off at 90mph and it was bus lengths. I wasn't surprised at the outcome.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
post #9 of 27 Old 11-18-2018, 07:18 PM

Tesla P90D. Felt proud! Maybe his battery was low or he didn’t have it in ludicrous mode. The look on his face was priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 27 Old 11-21-2018, 08:35 PM

Kill #1. My friends 17 hellcat. Him in track me in sport. His poor stock tires he never had a chance.
Kill# 2. My friends R1 from a 50mph roll. I threw it in track and never even saw him again. That bike should of made easy work of my jeep. I think he got scared however a kill is a kill. Best part is this happened in front of everyone at work. He tried for a rematch i said nope u blew it im keeping the crown!
Kill#3. Modded STI he was in front of me on a freeway onramp at night nobody around. He shot out quickly and was going for it. I caught up next to him passed him doing 135mph. I just kept going up to 155mph. Then let it go back down. Him being the sore loser did the ricer flyby once he caught up.
Kill# 4. 600rwhp R32. From a light I launched and he could not grip it was sad. I still waited for him at the next light to tell him i liked his car.

These are just a few favorites. Keep safe have fun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page