Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Anyone Purchase for Under MSRP?

34K views 106 replies 52 participants last post by  trackhawk_trell 
#1 ·
I have a TH on order because it was one of the last allocations around here. I ordered it for MSRP as most places were asking $5-10k over sticker which I find ridiculous. If anyone on here got there's for at or closer to invoice and wouldn't mind PMing me which dealership and who a good contact there would be, I would greatly appreciate it! Buying a house in the next few months so being able to order one for invoice could be the difference between me getting the TH or not :/

#81 ·
he and I and everyone doesn't understand what you are talking about. so lets figure this out.

THELATINKINGS. thats a big Chicago gang, I presume you are in Chicago area, There are '19 THawks for sale in Chicago, I see 2. or elsewhere, call someone with a '19 in your favorite color, go fly an get it, or have them ship it. 1k on top of 100k no big deal.

you don't need to buy the entire vehicle before its made? as mentioned there are 19s available, and even if you did, its called a deposit, usually a fraction of total sale price.

Also why do you want a 19? save the 15k its the same car?

#85 ·
you can get the 18s 12-13K under sticker at any dealership in California right now and I seen 4K off 19s in a add I git served a few days ago.
when i say 12-13k OFF thats actual listed in the website not talking them down they advertise it. mine was 12K off advertised and I got $500 more off. I didnt push it anymore as they gave a very fair trade in so I was happy with the deal.

#86 ·
Got mine 10k under. Had all the stuff I wanted (minus rear AV systems) and they gave me an extra 1k on trade. I think we both did well. Was on the fence for a while, but Christmas weekend knocked another 3k off (total at that point was 10k overall). So, reached out, made a drive over, deal done in 15 minutes, only to wat 3-4 hours for the finance guy. I was the last deal of 2018. And then the blizzard started. Made for an interesting ride home. But Trackhawk dont care. Trackhawk don’t give a ****!

#87 ·
I did; the dealer sticker price was $100,110 and she was discounted to $94,599. I wasn't going to buy it at first; I was in there getting service for a smell of antifreeze which ended up being a leaking water pump on my 2017 Jeep SRT; after all was said and done they paid all taxes for me, and I walked out with nothing down and they gave me $5000 in equity I had in the SRT so the 5k was my down. On the deal I got 6 years of free service and a extended 7 year warranty. Payment is $1439 for 72 months at 6% interest. I thought it was ok....

#88 ·
They took you to the cleaners on the financing at minimum. I got 3.5% on mine. And I thought these could be had for way more than 5.5k off of MSRP right now. Dealers can make bank on buyers that don’t shop for their own financing terms, maybe that happened here.

#91 ·
Per the introduction post by @Snowy

“I just got a new Track Hawk on the MLK holiday, but haven't had a chance to drive it much since it keeps snowing here in Reno. It's a 2018 in bright white with Red Leather int.”

#92 · (Edited)
In terms for me it was more important to get nothing down then to pay a little more interest. Overall it only comes to a little over 103k over the finance period so the 6%=about 7k; can you put a price on the fun factor? I was going to put 15,000 down but it only lowered the payment to just over 1200 a month; I thought keeping the money in the bank was more important and it included free maintenance for six years, an extended seven year warranty, and they paid the tax which was over 4k in the price.

#96 ·
My guess is he took his payments per month and timed it for 72 months... for example $1440 times 72 months = 103680 - 95000 = $8680 over the term of the loan... he just thinks trade-in money and down is not important just the monthly payment over the term of the loan. If he's happy its all good.....

#97 · (Edited)
he must be one of the rich people. or happiness is more important.... it's cool, after all in 7 years after everyone's loan is paid off these things are going to be worth pennies if we are lucky... 30k? I wouldn't be surprised.... The smart one's are the one's who wait and buy used; we are the dumb ones IMHO. After all they are still a FCA product....

#99 ·
I got a bit over 30k for my 2010 SRT8 that I sold last year to buy the TH. There’s no way the TH is worth the same amount of money some 7-8 years later. Our resale values will improve (in my opinion) once we get far enough past the debacle of all these dealers ordering far more than they should have on spec for MY 2018. That’s what’s really hurt our values as to now. If dealers didn’t go hog wild ordering for 2019, and I suspect they learned their lesson the hard way already, then values should begin to stabilize. After all, if you can’t get a TH for under MSRP, then all of a sudden the used values go up as well. We’ll see how 2019 plays out, but I’m not worried about it. I calculated my 2010 as costing me $77 a month to own, so if you buy and sell these right, and take care of them in the process, they shouldn’t be that painful to own.

#98 ·
I think the trackhawk may keep its vallue very well. In europe they are very difficult to find. Waiting list her for a euro spec trackhawk is more than 1 year

Also my 2 previous srt i got 50 % of my investment back after 6 years. Which is more than what you would get for an x5m or mercedes GLE amg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#100 ·
77 a month! I think my diesel will even cost more to own. thats what I call holding value! I agree that the trackhawk values will hold, especially if the horsepower war fizzles out. now if a 2020 trackhawk with redeye engine on a new lighter chassis comes out, then maybe not so much.

#101 · (Edited)
Although I thought the WK2 would continue through 2020, I agree the future value of current Trackhawk will look different depending on what the new GC looks like. An Alfa Romeo Stelvio based platform with a variation of that 2.9L TTV6 would be great to drive but not the same as a Hemi equipped WK2 Trackhawk. Now if FCA drops an aluminum Hemi into a new vehicle and wound up close to the Stelvio’s weight... I would add that to the stable!

#102 ·
I doubt that very much. FCA has problems with the emissions so i can not imagine them making even crazier trucks. They have the most powerfull truck right now. Why would they invest in an even more powerfull truck? Mostly the transmission would be a problem. For charger and challenger the competition is more present and these are rear wheel drives which is much less complicated. I think downsizing will be inevitable as we see with ford and the v6 madness and GM that evolves to smaller biturbo engines... so i think (and I secretly hope) the trackhawk will be the keypoint of engine madness and that next generations will have smaller capacities.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.