Best deals on new left over 2018 Trackhawk - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 11Likes

post #11 of 38 Old 07-10-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Well guys, I think I got a killer deal! Just bought our TH and will be picking it up next weekend. Let me know what you think.

$78k out the door.

https://www.briggsftscott.com/new/Je...8792ef9343.htm

I'll post it up on a new thread also.

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #12 of 38 Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd Tyler View Post
Well guys, I think I got a killer deal! Just bought our TH and will be picking it up next weekend. Let me know what you think.

$78k out the door.

https://www.briggsftscott.com/new/Je...8792ef9343.htm

I'll post it up on a new thread also.
I believe I called about that one and was told it was damaged during transport and repaired. That is why it was discounted so low. The salesman that I spoke to was not forthcoming on exactly what the damage was. You might want to ask about the damage if you haven't already been told. I wish I would have seen your post earlier. I really hope that "deal" works out for you.

2018 Trackhawk - Bright White - Loaded
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
2001 Audi S8 - 6 speed manual
post #13 of 38 Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad951 View Post
I believe I called about that one and was told it was damaged during transport and repaired. That is why it was discounted so low. The salesman that I spoke to was not forthcoming on exactly what the damage was. You might want to ask about the damage if you haven't already been told. I wish I would have seen your post earlier. I really hope that "deal" works out for you.
That's good to know because I noticed in the rear photo, the drivers side exhaust was kicked over to the left a bit more and didn't match how the right side looked. I asked them about this and they are looking into it and will fix it. I hope that is all that is wrong.

What do you think could have happened? Could there be substantial damage or probably just superficial?

2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 Old 07-11-2019, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

The exhaust tips are adjustable, mine came all whacked out from the factory. Fixed it in 5 minutes
Spoolin likes this.
post #15 of 38 Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Good to know, thanks.

2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #16 of 38 Old 07-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
That's good to know because I noticed in the rear photo, the drivers side exhaust was kicked over to the left a bit more and didn't match how the right side looked. I asked them about this and they are looking into it and will fix it. I hope that is all that is wrong.

What do you think could have happened? Could there be substantial damage or probably just superficial?
I wouldn't even try to guess. Anything could have happened to it. The folks that I know that work at dealerships have told me that US law allows for a vehicle to be damaged while still in the manufacturers possession (aka anytime before delivery to the dealer) and be fixed and sold as new as long as the cost to repair the damage is less than a certain percentage of the value of the vehicle. Nothing would show up on a carfax under this situation apparently. I don't remember what the percentage is. All I know is that, if that dealer has had that car for as long as they have, all of their salesman know exactly what happened to the vehicle.

The salesman that I was conversing with over email simply refused to tell me what had happened to the vehicle. He only admitted something had happened to it after I asked about that possibility directly. I kept getting run around excuses of I don't have the detailed paperwork in front of me and I'll have to find it, blah, blah, blah. They wanted me to come in and talk about the car. I live in IL so I wasn't about ready to take a trip unless I was bringing the car back home.

I don't want to tell you what to do but if you haven't finalized this deal, I would ask for detailed documentation on exactly what was damaged and repaired on the car and if you get any push back or delay in getting you that info, I would walk as there are plenty of deals out there if you are willing to travel for them. Just my .02. Hope this works out for you in a positive way.

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
post #17 of 38 Old 07-12-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I wouldn't even try to guess. Anything could have happened to it. The folks that I know that work at dealerships have told me that US law allows for a vehicle to be damaged while still in the manufacturers possession (aka anytime before delivery to the dealer) and be fixed and sold as new as long as the cost to repair the damage is less than a certain percentage of the value of the vehicle. Nothing would show up on a carfax under this situation apparently. I don't remember what the percentage is. All I know is that, if that dealer has had that car for as long as they have, all of their salesman know exactly what happened to the vehicle.

The salesman that I was conversing with over email simply refused to tell me what had happened to the vehicle. He only admitted something had happened to it after I asked about that possibility directly. I kept getting run around excuses of I don't have the detailed paperwork in front of me and I'll have to find it, blah, blah, blah. They wanted me to come in and talk about the car. I live in IL so I wasn't about ready to take a trip unless I was bringing the car back home.

I don't want to tell you what to do but if you haven't finalized this deal, I would ask for detailed documentation on exactly what was damaged and repaired on the car and if you get any push back or delay in getting you that info, I would walk as there are plenty of deals out there if you are willing to travel for them. Just my .02. Hope this works out for you in a positive way.
I spoke with them and they were upfront and honest with me and assured me that no damage had happened during transport, there is absolutely nothing wrong (no paint work or anything) with it and it is perfect. They are in a very small town and had ordered a white one about a year ago. It sold fairly quickly, so they decided to order this one and being such a small town, it just didn't sell as easily, so they dropped the price to let it go faster since they have had it for about a year now. As for the exhaust being slightly off on the left side, they also stated that a lot of times they just come in like that as the one guy above stated about his. They will be readjusting it to get it correct.

However, it did have a slight incident that required replacing all four wheels and that was the only damage to it about a year ago. I'd rather not disclose what happened, but I will assure you it wasn't a big deal at all. I got the whole scoop on what happened and it doesn't bother me at all and I am VERY anal about my cars. If it had been a big deal, I would have walked, I assure you of that. Besides that, it still will come with the full warranties, so no worries on my end.

I do really appreciate you coming forward though and looking out for me. That does mean a lot.

I will be picking it up next Saturday and am very excited.

2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)

Last edited by Spoolin; 07-12-2019 at 10:22 PM.
post #18 of 38 Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
I spoke with them and they were upfront and honest with me and assured me that no damage had happened during transport, there is absolutely nothing wrong (no paint work or anything) with it and it is perfect. They are in a very small town and had ordered a white one about a year ago. It sold fairly quickly, so they decided to order this one and being such a small town, it just didn't sell as easily, so they dropped the price to let it go faster since they have had it for about a year now. As for the exhaust being slightly off on the left side, they also stated that a lot of times they just come in like that as the one guy above stated about his. They will be readjusting it to get it correct.

However, it did have a slight incident that required replacing all four wheels and that was the only damage to it about a year ago. I'd rather not disclose what happened, but I will assure you it wasn't a big deal at all. I got the whole scoop on what happened and it doesn't bother me at all and I am VERY anal about my cars. If it had been a big deal, I would have walked, I assure you of that. Besides that, it still will come with the full warranties, so no worries on my end.

I do really appreciate you coming forward though and looking out for me. That does mean a lot.

I will be picking it up next Saturday and am very excited.
Cool, glad you found out what happened to it. Not sure why they weren't up front with me but I found mine close to home and got a killer deal so I'm not sore. I hope it all works out for you and it is trouble free for the duration of your ownership. Congrats again.

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
post #19 of 38 Old 07-13-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Cool, glad you found out what happened to it. Not sure why they weren't up front with me but I found mine close to home and got a killer deal so I'm not sore. I hope it all works out for you and it is trouble free for the duration of your ownership. Congrats again.

Thanks bud.

I'm sure we will speak again on other threads over the years as I learn more on the TH in this community and get to know everyone.

2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #20 of 38 Old 07-14-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Good tip man, thanks.

Let me ask this, are these built in Canada? I haven't done the homework to check, but by the way I have seen some for sale that came from Canada showing on their Carfax, I assumed so. Also, is one sold in Canada different in the way it is built/emissioned/tuned vs a US built model? There is a used 2018 also here in Louisville that only has 3500 miles that is going for $76k and the Carfax shows it came from Canada. If those are worse off than a US model, I'd like to know so I can steer clear of them.
The GCs are built in a Detroit plant. Other Hellcat'n (Charger/Challenger) are built in a Canadian plant. In a GC the tunes are the same, only thing you'd have to deal with is the physical speedo is in KPH instead of MPH, everything else like the digital speedo, gas mileage, etc. is electronics that can be switched either through the UCconnect, center display (with the arrow keys on the wheel), or by the dealer.

The reason so many are likely showing up in the US is the CA $ right now is worth low $0.70s US so its a big discount right off the top for currency. So if someone is looking for $100K CAD they'd only have to get $76K US. Lots of US dealers up at Canadian car auctions now days...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page