Best deals on new left over 2018 Trackhawk - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 07-06-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Best deals on new left over 2018 Trackhawk

Hey guys,

Newby with pretty much first post, so bare with me please.

With it being mid year 2019 now and a lot of new 2018's still out there with an average of $10k below retail now, can the prices get any lower if we hold off towards the end of the year? I went and looked at a new white 2018 today that retails for $90k and the dealer had it marked down to $80k. I tried to negotiate it down further, but they wouldn't budge, stating Dodge marked it down $5k and they did the same at $5k, but that was the furthest they are allowed to go. Is this true or are they blowing smoke? I even explained that if I drive a few hundred miles away, I could find one for around $77k ($90k-$95k retail) on a pretty much exact same build as they have as I have seen on the web, but still no dice and they tried to say that the price shown on the web wouldn't be what you would get when you show up. Really? Is this true? If I hold off longer to the end of the year and they still have it, could the price get down to near $75k or lower? The dealer said if it didn't sell soon, it would just go to auction. What baffles me is, if it goes to auction I'm sure they will take even more of a hit. So why not negotiate down further if you have a buyer right in front of you? Couldn't they just do a tax write off and avoid auction?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need some expert advice here. I'm a serious buyer, want the best possible deal I can get as anyone else and don't want to drive off the lot and lose $10k of value right off the bat with it already being over a year old.

Any help and insight on this is greatly appreciated.
post #2 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried searching this forum? Plenty of talk about finding a deal.
post #3 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 09:43 AM

Purchased mine a few months back at about 15k off MSRP (96k MSRP, 81k purchase). It had been sitting for about 400 days. I found it by sorting by price on cargurus and expanding my search nationwide. I had to drive out of state to get it - the dealers in FL weren't budging on price and averaged about 5-10k at most off of MSRP. 81k was the advertised price, and they wouldn't budge off of it. They basically told me that any lower and they'd just send it to auction (don't know if there's any truth to that or not but they were willing to let me walk - figuratively speaking, this was a phone call - vs dropping the price). I did get them to drop all fees and make the advertised price the out the door price. No surprises either when I showed up to do the deal, they turned out to be an exceptionally good dealership. I did get their one and only Trackhawk though. Good luck with your search!

Edit: One other thing to watch out for - there were several relatively high mileage hawks being sold as new. One even had about 5k miles on it. When you're calling around make sure you get the actual odometer reading so there's one less possible surprise if you have to travel.

Last edited by trackhawkfl; 07-07-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhawkfl View Post
Purchased mine a few months back at about 15k off MSRP (96k MSRP, 81k purchase). It had been sitting for about 400 days. I found it by sorting by price on cargurus and expanding my search nationwide. I had to drive out of state to get it - the dealers in FL weren't budging on price and averaged about 5-10k at most off of MSRP. 81k was the advertised price, and they wouldn't budge off of it. They basically told me that any lower and they'd just send it to auction (don't know if there's any truth to that or not but they were willing to let me walk - figuratively speaking, this was a phone call - vs dropping the price). I did get them to drop all fees and make the advertised price the out the door price. No surprises either when I showed up to do the deal, they turned out to be an exceptionally good dealership. I did get their one and only Trackhawk though. Good luck with your search!

Edit: One other thing to watch out for - there were several relatively high mileage hawks being sold as new. One even had about 5k miles on it. When you're calling around make sure you get the actual odometer reading so there's one less possible surprise if you have to travel.
Great info, thanks a lot for the information. It appears they pulled the ole "we will send it to auction" on you as well. That just boggles my mind.

BTW, this dealer is in Louisville, KY and their only Trackhawk also that has been sitting for a while now. They did sell a couple earlier in the year for upwards of $100k at the time but those could have been 2019's.
post #5 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 12:07 PM

Dealer is blowing smoke. He can sell for whatever price he wants. As already stated you will probably have to go the distance to find a real deal.
Spoolin likes this.
post #6 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
Have you tried searching this forum? Plenty of talk about finding a deal.
I did a brief search and really didn't find much to go off of, but I'll dig a bit deeper into it. Should I strictly stick to just searching through this Trackhawk forum or expand the search into the sister Hellcat forum also?
post #7 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 05:10 PM

I just did a quick search on cars.com and found plenty of choices for under $80K. If you can travel or trust shipping good deals are out there and I'm sure the right deal is out there without the sales tactics you have experienced already. Good luck!
WA 2 FST and Spoolin like this.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #8 of 31 Old 07-07-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30birdy99 View Post
I just did a quick search on cars.com and found plenty of choices for under $80K. If you can travel or trust shipping good deals are out there and I'm sure the right deal is out there without the sales tactics you have experienced already. Good luck!
Yeah, I'm going to do some extensive web searching. Thanks for the reply.

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #9 of 31 Old 07-08-2019, 12:06 AM

National search is a great tip; there may be units in places that you'd never think to look. I'm in Canada but up here there was a pair in a dealership in the middle of nowhere (rural Nova Scotia, population less than 2000, average age about 60). Drive through the lot and they're selling base RAM 1500s, Grand Caravans, and the occasional Charger; the two Trackhawks stuck out like a sore thumb and were there for months. Mom has never seen them in town so I'm sure they were picked up by someone from elsewhere...
Spoolin likes this.
post #10 of 31 Old 07-08-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
National search is a great tip; there may be units in places that you'd never think to look. I'm in Canada but up here there was a pair in a dealership in the middle of nowhere (rural Nova Scotia, population less than 2000, average age about 60). Drive through the lot and they're selling base RAM 1500s, Grand Caravans, and the occasional Charger; the two Trackhawks stuck out like a sore thumb and were there for months. Mom has never seen them in town so I'm sure they were picked up by someone from elsewhere...
Good tip man, thanks.

Let me ask this, are these built in Canada? I haven't done the homework to check, but by the way I have seen some for sale that came from Canada showing on their Carfax, I assumed so. Also, is one sold in Canada different in the way it is built/emissioned/tuned vs a US built model? There is a used 2018 also here in Louisville that only has 3500 miles that is going for $76k and the Carfax shows it came from Canada. If those are worse off than a US model, I'd like to know so I can steer clear of them.

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page