Thud sound upon stopping - Page 3 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 14Likes

post #21 of 73 Old 08-06-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKK3 View Post
I believe I have the same issue. I can only hear it if I am backing up at more than just an idle. It happens when I am in reverse and I give it a little quick throttle. You can hear a thud or creak of some kind. It makes sense to me that it is the bushings on the suspension. Do you think this sounds like the same thing? Let me know if it resolves your issue and I will be sure to bring it up the next time I bring mine in to the dealer.

Will keep you updated. Took it in today.

Go BIG or go home!
post #22 of 73 Old 08-12-2018, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
Will keep you updated. Took it in today.

Did not fix the problem. With drive line coming from a third party here is what they have proposed. The owner of the dealership has a Trackhawk, they want to remove his driveline and stick it in mine. I agreed and then told them when the sound is still there after you try this I want my F**K**G MONEY BACK!

Go BIG or go home!
post #23 of 73 Old 08-12-2018, 01:51 PM

"The owner of the dealership has a Trackhawk, they want to remove his driveline and stick it in mine."

Wow, that sounds strange. I think that would technically be a used part. WTF with warranty claims after that?

I'm with you on getting your money back NOW.

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440
1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440
1966 Corvette 427
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 73 Old 08-12-2018, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Track View Post
"The owner of the dealership has a Trackhawk, they want to remove his driveline and stick it in mine."

Wow, that sounds strange. I think that would technically be a used part. WTF with warranty claims after that?

I'm with you on getting your money back NOW.

Since the drive line comes from a third party and they can't tell FCA if it will be 3 weeks or 3 months this is what they have come up with. In 64 days of ownership the dealer has had it 43 of those. To say the least I'm over it!

Go BIG or go home!
post #25 of 73 Old 08-12-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Since the drive line comes from a third party and they can't tell FCA if it will be 3 weeks or 3 months this is what they have come up with. In 64 days of ownership the dealer has had it 43 of those. To say the least I'm over it!
Tell the dealer to add it to his personal collection and have them order a 2019 for you. If youve got a tart taste in your mouth, maybe its a lemon.
post #26 of 73 Old 08-13-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Tell the dealer to add it to his personal collection and have them order a 2019 for you. If youve got a tart taste in your mouth, maybe its a lemon.

It's real tart!
JMS935 likes this.

Go BIG or go home!
post #27 of 73 Old 08-14-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I really feel for you. That's sort of like getting to date a super model, then discovering she hasn't got any girl parts down there. Disappointing, to say the least!
RhinoTrackhawk likes this.

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440
1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440
1966 Corvette 427
post #28 of 73 Old 08-15-2018, 05:11 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. It’s mostly when putting it into gear and in reverse. Mine is going in next week for an oil change and a couple cosmetic issues to get fixed. Will post what my dealer tells me.
post #29 of 73 Old 08-15-2018, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morehawk View Post
Mine is doing the same thing. Its mostly when putting it into gear and in reverse. Mine is going in next week for an oil change and a couple cosmetic issues to get fixed. Will post what my dealer tells me.

Today they tell me the noise is back. They ordered a new sway bar. I called the SRT department and filed a claim. I'm done, also has a new exhaust leak that developed that they can't find. Also passenger side fender well to well rocker panel is out of alignment.

Go BIG or go home!
post #30 of 73 Old 08-15-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Today they tell me the noise is back. They ordered a new sway bar. I called the SRT department and filed a claim. I'm done, also has a new exhaust leak that developed that they can't find. Also passenger side fender well to well rocker panel is out of alignment.
LEMON! Offer them the title in exchange for your money back, or a lawsuit. Tell them to pick one.
RhinoTrackhawk likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in