Has anyone else had Uconnect screen freezing issues? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
1C5

Has anyone else had Uconnect screen freezing issues?

First issues I had was the back up camera stopped working. It wouldn't engage when I put the car into reverse. Then the next issue I had was that when I turned the car off, the screen would turn off but still be lit up so would be draining my battery.
Then after a few hours it just started working properly again. Anyone else have this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Not exactly like that but I have had my info system do some funny things a few times. A few of the apps just stopped working. The few times it has happened a simple reboot (start and stop the car) fixed it. Must be some Microsoft code in there.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Must be some Microsoft code in there.
Haha! 😂
post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 09:54 PM

This sounds reminiscent of a battery draining thread from a while back. You may want to search for that. I don’t remember the fix but there was similar discussion that may be helpful for you.

Joe

2018 TrackHawk
post #5 of 10 Old 02-07-2019, 02:59 PM

I had a similar issue. I made them replace the entertainment system after they'd reflashed it/upgraded the code/etc. with no fix.

And then....the replacement unit started doing the same thing. I ended up unpairing my phones (work/personal) from the unit and the problem went away. Pairing them back up but not syncing the phone book/contacts/SMS also resulted in no lock-ups. I have a feeling it's something to do with large phone books/SMS sync on start-up causing the system to "lock" until completed.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Regulary at first, had to do the full door open reset of the system. I have a friend with a TH who is still experiencing the problem.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-08-2019, 08:23 AM

My 2017 Hellcat was doing some strange things including staying on and draining the battery. After being jerked around by the dealer I brought it to another dealer and they said I needed a new unit. They ordered an new unit, installed it and it has never happened since. So far no issues with my Trackhawk.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-15-2019, 01:08 PM

Saturday this weekend my screen froze up with a weather advisory, I had no button functionality. Was not until I left the car for a couple hours the system must have rebooted itself and it worked as normal.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 PM

Happened to me yesterday. My iPhone is plugged into USB1. When I started my car everything was ok. We paired my daughter's iPhone via bluetooth then the Carplay icon disappeared from the screen. My cable stopped charging and when I checked "media" it didn't show my phone plugged in to USB1. Unplugged my phone and plugged it back in a few times and nothing happened. Turned off the radio, turned off my car, opened the door, closed the door, restarted the car and turned on my radio. Still no Carplay on my screen. Said F it and drove from Auburn to Hayward to pick up my dog. Once we started were back in the car (after a 30 minute break) and all plugged in again everything was back to normal with full functionality.

There was a glitch in the matrix...
post #10 of 10 Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 PM

Mine has done this twice since I have got it. The screen went blue once and the music was still playing but I couldn’t do anything. It restarted itself after about 5 minutes. It happened again last week and just locked up. It also restarted itself. Have to take a look at my battery voltage. Mine sat for a long time in the showroom so that may be the reason.

2018 Redline Pearl Trackhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page