Failing wheel bearing - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 5Likes

post #11 of 14 Old 06-30-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhawkfl View Post
For those of you with a clicking noise and no other symptoms of a bad wheel bearing, there's one other thing to check. Take a close look at your front calipers and wheel weights to see if you've had any contact between the two. There's at least one person here this has happened to (pictures at post 18, more details starting at post 22). I'm curious if it's a one off or more wide spread:

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/...weights-2.html

Crossposting since the threads are in different sub forums so easy to miss...
This is also a good point to check. I remember this happened on one of my other SRTs previously as well. Have jacked this one up yet but will definitely be doing this by next weekend.

2018 Redline Pearl Trackhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 07-01-2019, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhawkfl View Post
For those of you with a clicking noise and no other symptoms of a bad wheel bearing, there's one other thing to check. Take a close look at your front calipers and wheel weights to see if you've had any contact between the two.

<snip>
The caliper/wheel weight "click" will be a constant click, not one that's turn sensitive like the wheel bearing
post #13 of 14 Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGas View Post
Interesting! I have the clicking noise on my right turns. It started recently. Have to get them to check mine. Good to hear that you found the issue and much appreciated that you posted about it. What is the build date for your Jeep? I'm wondering if this is a problem now that will be coming up for others.

Thx again!
Build date on mine is 2-18
post #14 of 14 Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Build date on mine is 2-18
Well....looks like I had the head of a nail in my tire as I noticed it when I took it off to clean the calipers.

Looks like the problem is solved. Had it patched and fixed and no more noise. Still, going to keep an eye on that wheel bearing. None of mine were moving with any play when I checked each one.

2018 Redline Pearl Trackhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page