Trackhawk doesn’t move - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 18Likes

post #11 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

So they don’t want to replace just the valve body they want to replace the whole transmission 🏻 I’m so pissed I told them take it back and give me another one now I’m waiting on a response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewleal View Post
So they don’t want to replace just the valve body they want to replace the whole transmission 🏻 I’m so pissed I told them take it back and give me another one now I’m waiting on a response

I believe you have every right to give it back if it really bothers you that the trans is getting replaced. If you can live with this, it may be better to negotiate the purchase of the TH because now of the issue and fix. Maybe they can knock another $5k off the sale? Just a suggestion.
ROCKETW19 likes this.

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #13 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewleal View Post
So they dont want to replace just the valve body they want to replace the whole transmission 🏻 Im so pissed I told them take it back and give me another one now Im waiting on a response
curious why you are upset they are swapping the trans? to me it would be better then just swapping the part they think it is. what if that lil part caused other issues and you have to go back again? To me a whole new trans seems better but I dont know and why I ask what makes you so upset?
post #14 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

I understand they are giving me a whole new transmission but I’m upset because I just bought a new car and I don’t think a $100,000 vehicle should need a trans swap within a week. I bought it not a lease so I’m upset because this is mine to keep and That’s not right I should be getting another one but I guess it’s not that easy for them and I just have bad luck .
post #15 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

I bet it’s frustrating. You can ask them to make your payments while they have it.
post #16 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 08:18 PM

You would think they would have better quality control since the 8HP95 is used on the Rolls Royce. Changing the transmission would not bother me other than it is a major inconvenience for you as the new owner but certainly appreciate your frustration
post #17 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 08:18 PM

They are cars. This happens no matter how expensive/cheap they are.
post #18 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, it’s going to happen, just sucks a bunch when ur the guy that it happens to. At least it doesn’t sound like FCA is trying any shenanigans and that’s all you can really ask for.

I think the QC group needs retraining though. Way too many simple issues with these things. My 14 limited was flawless from the factory, these should be too.
Spoolin likes this.
post #19 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 11:01 PM

Look at it this way, depending on how those solenoids failed, it could have also roasted a few clutches.

Replacing the entire unit is the best case scenario. Sucks for sure, but hopefully they get it done quick

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ROCKETW19 and Boost Li like this.
post #20 of 30 Old 07-29-2019, 11:35 PM

I agree with ThawkMike and others... getting a new trans is not a big deal, as long as they get it done _very quickly_. It should be back to you, all buttoned up in no more than a week's time. Removal and reinstall is a one day job. Shipping a brand new trans may take a couple of days.

The transmissions, with everything else left stock, are tough and have a very low failure rate, so your new one should be good and you can enjoy your new vehicle in no time, for a long time.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page