Trackhawk doesn’t move - Page 3 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 18Likes

post #21 of 30 Old 07-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewleal View Post
I understand they are giving me a whole new transmission but Iím upset because I just bought a new car and I donít think a $100,000 vehicle should need a trans swap within a week. I bought it not a lease so Iím upset because this is mine to keep and Thatís not right I should be getting another one but I guess itís not that easy for them and I just have bad luck .
oh yea I get it. you just paid 100K and your trans went out. trust me they didnt do it on purpose and they dont want you to have issues but its a car built by people shits gonna go wrong.
My buddy who is 36 years old had heart surgery last year. he had a bad valve not from diet or anything he did he was just born that way. they ripped open his chest and replaced it.
I guess what I am trying to say is **** happens. hopefully they get the trans to you fast and swap it out quick.
post #22 of 30 Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
oh yea I get it. you just paid 100K and your trans went out. trust me they didnt do it on purpose and they dont want you to have issues but its a car built by people shits gonna go wrong.
My buddy who is 36 years old had heart surgery last year. he had a bad valve not from diet or anything he did he was just born that way. they ripped open his chest and replaced it.
I guess what I am trying to say is **** happens. hopefully they get the trans to you fast and swap it out quick.
All cars break down at some point and are eventually put to rest. Same with people. Both are all about luck, time, maintenance, wear and tear. But I'd much "rather" rip open my cars transmission 100 times to replace bad parts than my chest once. Kind of puts what's important in perspective. Although I'll admit, my heart flutters just at the thought of some half a$$ mechanic at the dealership fooling around with any of my vehicles.

I'd be pretty upset if they had to replace my transmission (or even a part in it) after only one week on the road. I'm not sure which is worse from my POV, opening the transmission up and replacing a part or replacing the entire transmission. All things being equal, I'd probably feel better with a new transmission. But I'd be sure to ask them to guarantee that it's "new" transmission and not one that's been "refurbished.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 07-30-2019 at 08:29 PM.
post #23 of 30 Old 07-31-2019, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
All cars break down at some point and are eventually put to rest. Same with people. Both are all about luck, time, maintenance, wear and tear. But I'd much "rather" rip open my cars transmission 100 times to replace bad parts than my chest once. Kind of puts what's important in perspective. Although I'll admit, my heart flutters just at the thought of some half a$$ mechanic at the dealership fooling around with any of my vehicles.

I'd be pretty upset if they had to replace my transmission (or even a part in it) after only one week on the road. I'm not sure which is worse from my POV, opening the transmission up and replacing a part or replacing the entire transmission. All things being equal, I'd probably feel better with a new transmission. But I'd be sure to ask them to guarantee that it's "new" transmission and not one that's been "refurbished.
IMO a new trans is the best option. if they swap the valve and something else inside was damaged can you imagine the bitching that would happen after that and your TH is back a week later?
The cost of the car has nothing to do with anything the part went bad or was bad from the start (just like my buddy's heart valve) how they take care of the problem is the part I would care about.
putting a new one in is IMO the very best thing IMO. Automatic trans is not easy to work on I dont want one of them idiots tearing my trans apart LMAO no way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 Old 08-01-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the advice! Im waiting on a response they are working on giving me the other trackhawk they had in the showroom. However it doesn’t have the premium leather like mine did it’s suede and Napa which is still nice oh and red seatbelts but everything else is the same as mine!
post #25 of 30 Old 08-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
thanks for all the advice! Im waiting on a response they are working on giving me the other trackhawk they had in the showroom. However it doesnít have the premium leather like mine did itís suede and Napa which is still nice oh and red seatbelts but everything else is the same as mine!
will they refund you the 4K extra you paid for Leather? Honestly its your money and your TH but nothing wrong with them swapping the trans out. If thats the one you want keep it have them swap the trans and be done. if you still fell bad about it go for a extended warranty on it or this months payment what ever makes your brain feel better. I would not trade down though I would keep mine but mine was exactly to the T what I wanted.
They seem like they are not brushing you off at least. how they take care of you is the most important part IMO.
WA 2 FST likes this.
post #26 of 30 Old 08-09-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Well I haven’t even made payments or anything on it yet so I’m waiting on Chrysler to call me the manager told me they will offer to buy my car back
ROCKETW19 and Spoolin like this.
post #27 of 30 Old 08-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Well I haven’t even made payments or anything on it yet so I’m waiting on Chrysler to call me the manager told me they will offer to buy my car back
Man, everyone and everything can and if given enough time if not right off that bat will make mistakes, fail or break. Remember, none of this is cool, but it's not how, when or why it failed, but how their stepping up to the plate to make it right. If I had that kind of customer service on everything in my life I'd never have another worry!

Sucks what happened, it shouldn't have happened but at least they stepped up to make it right and didn't give you the run around.

Fixing your transmission, eh what else could be wrong with it, I'd want a new one. They offered a new one, but if they replace the whole thing wow, that's some seriously good stuff!!!

I'd hand their card to everyone that asked me about a Jeep!

Cup half full, just saying.
WA 2 FST and Spoolin like this.
post #28 of 30 Old 08-13-2019, 03:47 AM

Pisser that you're without the TH but agree with Mike its much better to get the trans swapped out. These aren't exotics where having it "numbers matching" engine and trans matters so aside from time the trans swap is a non-issue. The one on the showroom floor may be no better, who knows what will go wrong with that one? Or think if you'd decided to do a few mods and the trans took a dump and FCA denied your warranty claim and you were out $10K for a new trans. This is likely far from the last thing that will break on it/need replacement during the period of time you own it,

If you want to feel better look at the JD Power initial quality survey by price; tons of things way more expensive than a TH that have way higher initial failure rates. Or consider that same trans is in the Rolls Royce Ghost, Rolls Royce Wraith, Aston Martin DBS Superleggera and be thankful that you didn't spend an extra $300K+ on a vehicle to have that same trans take a dump .
post #29 of 30 Old 09-04-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Just picked it back up. Driving home and noticed a clicking noise coming from what looks like to be the front driver wheel, have no idea what is it maybe rotors ? Have to take it back tomorrow morning for them to look at it. I don’t think it’s anything to do with the transmission, I don’t have any check engine lights
post #30 of 30 Old 09-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Could be lots of things. That’s got to be frustrating man, sorry ur still having issues. Hope they get it fixed so you can start enjoying ur jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page