Trackhawk doesn’t move - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 18Likes

post #1 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Trackhawk doesn’t move

So decided to push it a little on the highway switched it to track mode and I hit about 150mph and my check engine light came on. I came to the stoplight and when it came time to go it wouldn’t move . Tried switching from park to reverse to drive and nothing! Loud noise and vibration when changing to drive, reverse and car doesn’t move even if I give it gas. Had to call a tow and I’m waiting now. I just got my car last week and only has 470 miles on it. I’m so pissed!!! Have no idea what it is.
post #2 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewleal View Post
So decided to push it a little on the highway switched it to track mode and I hit about 150mph and my check engine light came on. I came to the stoplight and when it came time to go it wouldnt move . Tried switching from park to reverse to drive and nothing! Loud noise and vibration when changing to drive, reverse and car doesnt move even if I give it gas. Had to call a tow and Im waiting now. I just got my car last week and only has 470 miles on it. Im so pissed!!! Have no idea what it is.

I have no clue other than maybe the gear selector at the trans may have malfunctioned and not properly engaging. Don't fret too much though, warranty will cover it, whatever it is.

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #3 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 07:48 AM

well..according to the news..a peep from new hampshire got pulled over doing 145 in a 65..so..at least you didnt get arrested like him
ROCKETW19 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, they are checking on it now, will keep you posted
post #5 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewleal View Post
Thanks, they are checking on it now, will keep you posted
super curious what happened. please update us when you hear.
no noise no nothing just dont work is weird but makes me think its something super easy like a plug came un-plugged or something silly. I hope so at least.
Spoolin likes this.
post #6 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 02:05 PM

Sure sounds like something with the transmission or transfer case to me. Hopefully something minor like an electrical connection or software anomaly/error. I've never topped mine out but I've seen 150+ more than once and no issues. Smooth, stable and plenty to go.
post #7 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

So they said it’s the valve body, it’s an electrical part (brain) of the transmission. I looked on YouTube and there are some tutorials, Doesn’t seem that complicated to fix they just pull the pan from underneath the trans and it should be right inside. Only thing that bothers me is 470miles on the car I just picked it up last week so this soon having issues is kind of upsetting. I think this May be a common issue with a lot of jeeps though.

Just wanted to inform you guys I’ll let you know when I get it back how it runs.
post #8 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

the fact it dont have lot of miles in this case should be good. meaning its just a bad part to start. nothing messed it up its just bad. dont stress on it.
gooweea and Spoolin like this.
post #9 of 28 Old 07-26-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Yes your right, thanks!! Can’t wait to get it back they gave me a wrangler which actually I’m enjoying I removed roof and windows 😁 enjoying the breeze this weekend in New York haha
Spoolin likes this.
post #10 of 28 Old 07-27-2019, 10:54 AM

I think it sounds like it will turn out OK. I too, had a significant failure with very low miles. Better now than without the warranty and at least they gave you a loner.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page