Difficulty starting TH - Page 2 - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 20 Old 10-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hemi View Post
Try turning ur AC off a few minutes before you get where you’re going so the IC fluid has a chance to warm up before turning it off.
this is exactly what I was told by Kirk. He also said it will also blow out any condensation.
DarthCharger likes this.
post #12 of 20 Old 10-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Demons have a interchiller and I haven't heard any starting problems with those vehicles.
post #13 of 20 Old 10-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

I don’t think the demon’s is always “on” like with the interchiller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 10-03-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions.
post #15 of 20 Old 10-21-2019, 09:27 PM

I have the same issue with my TH E85 and a chiller. I would take up to 5 tries to get it to start some times. Had it re-tuned and my tuner threw more startup air at it which helped a ton. Still stumbles at startup but better, at least it starts. If anyone finds any solution Id be interested!! I also have the chiller drag pack.
post #16 of 20 Old 10-21-2019, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Have you tried my suggestion from September?
post #17 of 20 Old 10-22-2019, 12:42 AM

Do you have the ability to read the tune file and send it could have something to do with startup ignition timing. I was just going over a Trackhawk tune file vs a demon file and there’s a bit more timing added in the startup tables for alcohol. In HP tuners also check out the minimum spark tables Spark min vs time. Or if you like just let me know I’ll send you the two factory demon tune files I have one is for the car and the other is for the crate motor.
post #18 of 20 Old 10-22-2019, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Seems like the common factors are E85 and an interchiller. I’ve been running E85 for a few months with no issue but I haven’t installed my interchiller yet. I believe there is speculation that shutting off the engine with the SC IC fluid cold, that condensation is forming somewhere and this is what’s causing it to take the extra time to get started. The E85 may or may not be a contributor and it could just be that people that invested in the interchiller are all modified.
If someone could try the method suggested and report back, that would be awesome. I live in a pretty humid part of the country so I’m thinking that I’d be having the same issue when I put my interchiller in.
post #19 of 20 Old 10-23-2019, 11:07 PM

I think you have something there. I have been driving the last couple of days with the AC off and the issue has gonna away. My drive is pretty short but I'm gonna try running the AC and turning it off a min or two before I get home like you suggest and will let you know. Also note I have the drag pack option installed.
post #20 of 20 Old 10-23-2019, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

The drag pac is just the solenoid that turns off the cabin portion and forces all the refrigerant through the interchiller, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page