Interior Rattles (Fixed) - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Interior Rattles (Fixed)

I've had quite a battle with interior rattles and still have minor ones, but at least the radio can cover them up.

1: Above passenger rear door near the light
FIXED - Pull headliner. Structural cardboard was tapping on air bag unit. Added insulation.
2: Subwoofer panel rattle
FIXED - Replaced subwoofer panel
3: Squeaking when below 70f outside and sunroof closed
FIXED - Sunroof has 2x foam strips between plastic frame and roof exposed behind mesh windscreen. Added more foam. Do not use solid object, will creek.
4: Sunroof making clicking noise over bumps under 60f ouside
FIXED - Middle spring loaded plastic beam across sunroof pulled down (while in "vent") reveals felt pad where plastic beam lands on sunroof. One side the foam was improperly placed. Remove and add new felt pad in proper position

5: Hatch rattles when driving. Appears to be gasket.
UNRESOLVED - Not worth it
hawkku likes this.
post #2 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 11:23 AM

Wow you’ve been busy that must be frustrating at times, amazing how QC varies from car to car with FCA, did the dealer fix them all?

15’ JGC SRT
16’ Camaro II SS
17’ Range Rover Sport
18’ Black TrackHawk
06’ 2500 Diesel Ram
post #3 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 11:47 AM

During certain bass notes our sub grill rattles and drives me nuts. Did the dealer address yours?

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
During certain bass notes our sub grill rattles and drives me nuts. Did the dealer address yours?
I was going to post that I have a bad rattle issue in the rear in the TH...At high volumes + heavy bass, there is something rattling and it drives me insane. I just I can't figure it out and was thinking it was possibly the panoramic roof or possibly the speaker panel. Guess it's a common thing for these trackhawks?
Spoolin likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

My sub rattles too
Spoolin likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawked View Post
5: Hatch rattles when driving. Appears to be gasket.
UNRESOLVED - Not worth it
My hatch also had a rattle. It ended being that the plastic trim on the inside was loose...this was in the middle of the hatch just under the window. My dealership fixed it. It's been about 3-4 months since they fixed it and the issue seems to be resolved.

2018 Trackhawk
Black Exterior
Black Laguna Leather with Red Belts
Satin Black Wheels
post #7 of 12 Old 10-05-2019, 04:29 PM

Anyone got links to a post or YouTube vid showing how to take off the body panels in the trunk? I found my issue with the rattle...The subwoofer grill plate rattles and I want to add some dynomat behind it. Couldn’t figure it out and don’t want to break anything lol
post #8 of 12 Old 10-05-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCKHWK View Post
Anyone got links to a post or YouTube vid showing how to take off the body panels in the trunk? I found my issue with the rattle...The subwoofer grill plate rattles and I want to add some dynomat behind it. Couldn’t figure it out and don’t want to break anything lol
***Update: Ended up pulling the panel back and did a quick inspection. Panel is held together with some clips, just pull gently and they’ll eventually pop out. Found that one of the lower bolts that hold the sub box to the body was loose. Tightened the nut and the rattle is gone. I should have put some blue loctite on it but we’ll see how long is stays. Hopefully this helps anyone with an annoying sub rattle!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1BA9D5F-7BAF-451A-9B27-5BBD71042C7E_1570312306504.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	6868  
ROCKETW19, PBGas and Spoolin like this.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-06-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
***Update: Ended up pulling the panel back and did a quick inspection. Panel is held together with some clips, just pull gently and they’ll eventually pop out. Found that one of the lower bolts that hold the sub box to the body was loose. Tightened the nut and the rattle is gone. I should have put some blue loctite on it but we’ll see how long is stays. Hopefully this helps anyone with an annoying sub rattle!
Were you able to pull just the sub grill by pulling on it or the whole side panel that cover the sub box? I'd like to check the nut as well.

2002 Honda S2000 (fully built turbo beast)
2009 Acura MDX
2011 M3 ZCP
2018 Trackhawk (Rhino)
post #10 of 12 Old 10-07-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
Quote:
Were you able to pull just the sub grill by pulling on it or the whole side panel that cover the sub box? I'd like to check the nut as well.
I had to pull the entire rear quarter panel. Took the spare tire lid out then used a trim removal tool and worked my way around the entire rear panel that holds the sub grill. Started from the rear then stopped by the backseat belt near the rear window. Also had to remove the tailgate strip panel that’s infront of the spare tire area. My advice is to pull everything back so you can reach your hand behind the panel and shake the plastic sub box to see if it’s loose. If it’s loose, could be a nut. I didn’t want to remove the entire panel so I just gave myself enough room to reach my arm inside and tightened the nut. If it was an issue I couldn’t fix I would of taken it to the dealer.

As I was doing this, I was a bit irritated that this was an issue for a SUV at its price point. I came from a Jeep Wrangler that made every noise you could think of and wanted something quite so the sub rattle in the TH drove me crazy lol. Knew it may of been a easy fix when I pressed onto the grill and the rattle stopped.

Hope this helps!
Spoolin likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page