Eibach Pro Springs Bottoming Out? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 01-02-2020, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Eibach Pro Springs Bottoming Out?

I had the dealer install the Eibach Pro springs (part # EIB-E10510220122) on my 2018 TH. I really like how it looks, and the handling improvement. The new rear springs seem a bit soft IMO.

I have had a bottoming sound from the rear from bumps that I would not expect to cause this, especially with passengers in the back, since the installation. Dealer took a look and commented that when you lower your vehicle, this will happen. Couldn't find anything in searching this forum. Has anyone had this, or perhaps installed something other than the Eibach Pro springs? I was thinking maybe a taller or stiffer spring would be better. Maybe the Mopar Durango rear springs would offer one or both of those since it is slightly larger vehicle.

I hope I do not have to put the factory springs back on. I need to be able to carry passengers and other things in the back sometimes.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-02-2020, 11:37 AM

I had people and ski gear in mine and felt this same issue.
robcgray68 likes this.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-02-2020, 11:56 AM

so east coast jeeps on youtube did a feature on this and there is a notch that is cut out already on our trucks where one of the links or arms will hit when it "bottoms out". People have had that same notch cut a little deeper to avoid this from happening. I have the same springs you do and I'm sure i've heard and felt the same thing but It has not been a issue overall for me. It happens infrequently for me.
Quicksilver and robcgray68 like this.
post #4 of 24 Old 01-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

this happened with no one in back?
post #5 of 24 Old 01-02-2020, 05:40 PM

The only time mine has bottomed out is when I tow my race car with trailer. It doesnít really bottom out but Iím running the wider 22 inch Velgen wheels and they slightly rub against the fender flares I installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robcgray68 likes this.
post #6 of 24 Old 01-02-2020, 08:09 PM

Eibach Pro Springs Bottoming Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay1973 View Post
so east coast jeeps on youtube did a feature on this and there is a notch that is cut out already on our trucks where one of the links or arms will hit when it "bottoms out". People have had that same notch cut a little deeper to avoid this from happening. I have the same springs you do and I'm sure i've heard and felt the same thing but It has not been a issue overall for me. It happens infrequently for me.

That notch was necessary with his aftermarket BWoody arms, not the stock ones. The stock arms shouldnít contact it.

OP, did the install guy use the supplied bump stops? If you use the oem ones, you will hit the stops, as the supplied ones are half the size.

Iíve been running them for near 30k miles, at times fully loaded with 100lbs on a trailer hitch platform and have never hit the stops.

robcgray68 likes this.
post #7 of 24 Old 01-03-2020, 11:38 AM

Install some Firestone Coil Rite Bags.

'18 TrackHawk
'18 F150 Raptor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 24 Old 01-09-2020, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

ROCKETW19: All the time. The road in front of my house has the kind of pot holes where the just the upper layer of asphalt is missing, but the layer below is still intact. That is enough, at around 40-45 mph to cause a hit with an empty vehicle, just me.

Last edited by robcgray68; 01-09-2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: adding respondee
post #9 of 24 Old 01-09-2020, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThawkMike View Post
That notch was necessary with his aftermarket BWoody arms, not the stock ones. The stock arms shouldnít contact it.

OP, did the install guy use the supplied bump stops? If you use the oem ones, you will hit the stops, as the supplied ones are half the size.

Iíve been running them for near 30k miles, at times fully loaded with 100lbs on a trailer hitch platform and have never hit the stops.

This is good feedback. I am definitely going to continue to pursue this with Eibach. My first call to them they suggested the wrong springs may have been in the kit. Part number on the spring matches part number on the instructions with the exception of a missing "F" on the springs.

According the Eibach instructions, the front bump stocks (not the issue in this situation) were included in the kit, and the rear bump stops require no modification.

You can see the Eibach instructions for 2018+ Trackhawks at this link: https://eibach.com/us/pdf/43419
post #10 of 24 Old 01-10-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcgray68 View Post
This is good feedback. I am definitely going to continue to pursue this with Eibach. My first call to them they suggested the wrong springs may have been in the kit. Part number on the spring matches part number on the instructions with the exception of a missing "F" on the springs.

According the Eibach instructions, the front bump stocks (not the issue in this situation) were included in the kit, and the rear bump stops require no modification.

You can see the Eibach instructions for 2018+ Trackhawks at this link: https://eibach.com/us/pdf/43419
FWIW, I'm lowered on Eibachs and my rear sits ever so slightly lower than my front. Eibach tells me the jeep should be a level stance but we couldn't find the issue as my springs and bump stops were all correct according to their labels. It's not enough to bother me however I do get a rub every once in a while going over a bump at speeds over 35mph. Not sure if that's normal or not but I also have the tow package which adds a little extra weight in the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page