Been wanting to post on this for a bit as I wanted to think about it, especially until after FCA solved the missing horsepower issue. It is true horsepower solves everything....
1. Sleeper - Even more so than my 300 SRT - I don't want people knowing how quick or costly the car I drive is. I have heard nice Grand Cherokee a dozen times and only 1 time - nice Trackhawk.
2. Power - Couldn't have #1 without this.
3. Comfort - A lot nicer ride than my 300 SRT - it did have the comfort setting, and it had no comfort on rough bouncy cement roads (mother in law said riding the backseat was like riding in a wagon" , this is a cream puff in comparison and absolutely thrives on flat cement. Mother in Law approved as well....
4. The Infotainment center - this could be because I have had the 8.4 screen since the first year it was out on the 300s. There are a ton of high line cars I considered and almost none had touch screens - even had a Salesman tell me, who wants finger prints?, btw if that bothers you like me keep some eyeglass lens wipes they work awesome, had to find a new place to trash them as you will see in the dislikes. But I would rather have an easy to use touch screen than other competitors alternatives. I almost never have to repeat myself for voice commands, we have a running joke about my wife's Mercedes as it almost never understands what she says and she has to repeat herself. Could be her as the last Ford had the same issue, and she would also lump her husband in that category as well as having to repeat herself too,lol
1. Yellow Calipers - I could maybe get past yellow if the brake dust was not so horrible, just makes it seem like a poor decision by FCA, I have never had a car washed and needed to include the brake pads, lucky for me there is a coin wash near my car wash so I can power wash the brake pads before. I keep my vehicles as spotless at all times and the dirty yellow brake pads drive me nuts if you can't tell. Without the brake dust I am still with many and mine will be painted soon and changing that is minimum expense. (thinking black, for a deeper Sleep mode)
2. Adjustable Petals & Headlamps and Fog Lights - The petals I actually think may be a non issue due to number 3 above comfort, just curious how my comfort level will be on long trips. I thought the adjustable headlamps were cool when turning left and right, but I can see how some dependent on driving conditions could find it actually helpful. Still think they could have found some place to slide in some slim fog lights.
3. The vibration from the rear cargo cover, I would prefer not to have it open at all times just to avoid the noises, someone else pointed out that the TH stiffer ride is doing it as it is the same piece in the SRTGC. I am sure this can be a warranty ticket if we all start taking them in for it, as it seems nearly everyone has it.
4. The side pockets in the door. That is typically my go to spot for any trash as it is easy to do it when getting gas, which happens very often now,lol. Those side pockets are not easy to get your hand in and really makes me wonder what most people even use the door pockets for as it is not easy to get your hand in and out especially when driving.
Honestly, I had concerns about paying what it takes for this vehicle and I am 100% on board and thrilled to own it, I almost wonder if this is a byproduct of the missing horsepower and having to wait so long to get to 1500 miles to get it resolved. Regardless the pro's to this vehicle are substantial and a few small dislikes will soon be forgotten or warrantied, except the small door pockets since I cant make my hands smaller......
Last edited by Domn8r; 04-03-2018 at 12:38 AM.