What to love or hate about the 2018+ Jeep Trackhawk? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 11Likes

post #1 of 52 Old 03-09-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Post What to love or hate about the 2018+ Jeep Trackhawk?

If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Jeep Trackhawk, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 52 Old 03-09-2018, 02:32 PM

I love the power and the comfort...

I dont love... non automatic folding mirrors.....

I also have a love/hate for how non flashy the car is... While i am a low key guy most of the time its nice to get recognized for the car your driving... But then other times i have 18 y/os trying to live stream me driving on the highway somewhere.
post #3 of 52 Old 03-09-2018, 06:28 PM

Top three likes, acceleration, comfort, luxury, in that order. I bought it for the acceleration/performance and boy did they deliver.

Top three dislikes, Pirelli tires, brake dust, no fog lights, in that order
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 03-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Distort-your-face levels of g-forces in all directions
Surprises and shames Teslas and BMW i8s (I love to hunt green cars!) and just about everything else on four wheels
Harman-Kardon sound system
"Custom" setting for suspension, steering & driveline calibrations

Dislikes:
Wheel styling (I've ordered a set of Forgeline five-spokes)
No choices of color of brake calipers
Looks too much like an SRT inside and out
The carpeting feels cheap
No adaptive headlights (the kind that turn into the corner, like my '14 SRT had)

Mehs:
The Trackhawk badges
Non-illuminated "supercharged" sill plates
post #5 of 52 Old 03-10-2018, 05:05 PM

Overall love the car but wish it had folding mirrors, heads up display, and adaptive headlights.
post #6 of 52 Old 03-10-2018, 09:59 PM

I'm not sure if this is a like or dislike, but why did they (FCA/Jeep) keep a Hellcat emblem and SRT name on the top of the supercharger and the letters SRT embossed on the hood liner and then put a Trackhawk and Jeep emblem on the rear hatch, along with the name Jeep on the hood and the Grand Cherokee name on the side doors? Is it a Jeep or a Grand Cherokee, or a SRT, or a Hellcat, or a Trackhawk or all of he above?

Or maybe it's the best of all of them!
Dirt likes this.

Last edited by Car-Guy; 03-10-2018 at 10:01 PM.
post #7 of 52 Old 03-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Car-Guy,
I thought the very same things.
post #8 of 52 Old 03-15-2018, 01:41 PM

HATEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the brake dust....
they dont last a day...my poor rims
post #9 of 52 Old 03-27-2018, 06:14 PM

Hate the 2-1 shift slow speeds
Hate the fact I need a new front diff at 5200 miles
Hate the fact the "roll race" transmission setup is gone. In my Charger HC, if the trans was in D, I could manually downshift it using paddles to whatever gear I wanted and it would auto upshift..... TH won't do that.
Hate the fitment of body panels
Hate the occasional rattles and squeeks I'll hear in the cabin
Hate the fact my $500 option paint color looks horrible with orange peel and looks wavy like the Jeep is made out of fiberglass
Hate the fact it's been in the shop for 2 weeks now today. I'm going crazy without it! This V6 Charger SUCKS!!!!

Love...... every other **** thing about this vehicle. If I didn't absolutely love driving it, I'd ditch it.

Harrison Z.
2007 GCSRT8 Turbo 8.06 @ 173
2018 Jeep GC Trackhawk Tri Coat Ivory
2018 Dodge Durango SRT--- wife's ride
2015 Dodge Charger HC 770rwhp--- GONE
2011 Ford F-250 Diesel
post #10 of 52 Old 04-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Been wanting to post on this for a bit as I wanted to think about it, especially until after FCA solved the missing horsepower issue. It is true horsepower solves everything....

Likes.

1. Sleeper - Even more so than my 300 SRT - I don't want people knowing how quick or costly the car I drive is. I have heard nice Grand Cherokee a dozen times and only 1 time - nice Trackhawk.

2. Power - Couldn't have #1 without this.

3. Comfort - A lot nicer ride than my 300 SRT - it did have the comfort setting, and it had no comfort on rough bouncy cement roads (mother in law said riding the backseat was like riding in a wagon" , this is a cream puff in comparison and absolutely thrives on flat cement. Mother in Law approved as well....

4. The Infotainment center - this could be because I have had the 8.4 screen since the first year it was out on the 300s. There are a ton of high line cars I considered and almost none had touch screens - even had a Salesman tell me, who wants finger prints?, btw if that bothers you like me keep some eyeglass lens wipes they work awesome, had to find a new place to trash them as you will see in the dislikes. But I would rather have an easy to use touch screen than other competitors alternatives. I almost never have to repeat myself for voice commands, we have a running joke about my wife's Mercedes as it almost never understands what she says and she has to repeat herself. Could be her as the last Ford had the same issue, and she would also lump her husband in that category as well as having to repeat herself too,lol

Dislikes.

1. Yellow Calipers - I could maybe get past yellow if the brake dust was not so horrible, just makes it seem like a poor decision by FCA, I have never had a car washed and needed to include the brake pads, lucky for me there is a coin wash near my car wash so I can power wash the brake pads before. I keep my vehicles as spotless at all times and the dirty yellow brake pads drive me nuts if you can't tell. Without the brake dust I am still with many and mine will be painted soon and changing that is minimum expense. (thinking black, for a deeper Sleep mode)

2. Adjustable Petals & Headlamps and Fog Lights - The petals I actually think may be a non issue due to number 3 above comfort, just curious how my comfort level will be on long trips. I thought the adjustable headlamps were cool when turning left and right, but I can see how some dependent on driving conditions could find it actually helpful. Still think they could have found some place to slide in some slim fog lights.

3. The vibration from the rear cargo cover, I would prefer not to have it open at all times just to avoid the noises, someone else pointed out that the TH stiffer ride is doing it as it is the same piece in the SRTGC. I am sure this can be a warranty ticket if we all start taking them in for it, as it seems nearly everyone has it.

4. The side pockets in the door. That is typically my go to spot for any trash as it is easy to do it when getting gas, which happens very often now,lol. Those side pockets are not easy to get your hand in and really makes me wonder what most people even use the door pockets for as it is not easy to get your hand in and out especially when driving.

Honestly, I had concerns about paying what it takes for this vehicle and I am 100% on board and thrilled to own it, I almost wonder if this is a byproduct of the missing horsepower and having to wait so long to get to 1500 miles to get it resolved. Regardless the pro's to this vehicle are substantial and a few small dislikes will soon be forgotten or warrantied, except the small door pockets since I cant make my hands smaller......
Daniel454 likes this.

Last edited by Domn8r; 04-03-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page