8Likes
  • 3 Post By Brute426
  • 1 Post By ROCKETW19
  • 2 Post By scottiekay1973
  • 1 Post By Lil Hemi
  • 1 Post By MachZ
post #1 of 10 Unread Today, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Stuff SRT GC owners say

Ok this has been about the third time I’ve been approached by a SRT Durango and Grand Cherokee owner that has said the same annoying thing. “why did you buy that when you could save 30k and just supercharge a SRT”🤣 each time i start to tell them how many differences there are just powertrain alone their minds go to lala land 🤯. So today my response was where your supercharged 392 let’s run em and I’ll show you why. This guy says he didn’t do a supercharger yet because it was going to cost him $20k to do it. So looking at him sideways i told him your SRT GC was still $65k and since it’s $20k to try to make the power a TH makes. THATS STILL THE SAME PRICE FOR LESS OF A VEHICLE. Should have got a TH 😁
thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
post #2 of 10 Unread Today, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

therapy sessions are now open! lol glad you feel better.
I dont think I would bother explaining anything to anyone F them. we all know the SRT will never compare to a TH but the SRT guy might feel he needs to justify himself or something not sure ?
Black Track likes this.
post #3 of 10 Unread Today, 04:17 PM

I get is that a trail hawk? I just say yes.., Is that fast? ( my answer is.... depends what you consider fast ). How much was that thing? ( I ask them if that is a serious question and they can look it up on-line ).

If I actually gave a $hit about what anyone thought I would have bought a honda civic. This vehicle is my toy, I have no other hobbies. So If I want a vehicle that makes an obscene amount of noise and hauls a$$ then its for my pleasure and nobody else. I smile evey single time I hit the throttle and it will never get old.
Black Track and ROCKETW19 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Unread Today, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

ALWAYS go with the factory forced induction version rather than doing it yourself. Then you can just turn that beast up to full on ridiculous.
Black Track likes this.
post #5 of 10 Unread Today, 06:40 PM

I'll be honest, I am debadging the TH but I am very tempted to throw a Trailhawk badge on the rear, lol...
post #6 of 10 Unread Today, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute426 View Post
“why did you buy that when you could save 30k and just supercharge a SRT”
I remember back when the Trackhawk pricing was announced reading many comments online which echoed that exact argument. You could always tell that the individual making this argument had no idea how many components were upgraded in order to facilitate the extra power. I'm guessing it would be almost impossible to convince them otherwise. I appreciate your venting.

2018 Trackhawk
Black Exterior
Black Laguna Leather with Red Belts
Satin Black Wheels
post #7 of 10 Unread Today, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay1973 View Post
If I actually gave a $hit about what anyone thought I would have bought a honda civic.
I had to say this to my mother in law the day I drove it home. She asked “why did you spend that much for leather seats and a entertainment system for the back seats ” I just smiled and said “cause I can and I wanted it” I’m pretty sure she still doesn’t understand.
post #8 of 10 Unread Today, 08:10 PM

I had 2 SRT's before the TH's and really liked them. The 30k difference doesn't mean as much to me as the performance difference. The one thing I'll say about the SRT's is I never felt like something was going to break every time I launched the thing. Never broke anything on any of them but "wow", what a jolt. It's amazing what a ~1 sec improvement in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times feel like.
post #9 of 10 Unread Today, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiekay1973 View Post
I get is that a trail hawk? I just say yes.., Is that fast? ( my answer is.... depends what you consider fast ). How much was that thing? ( I ask them if that is a serious question and they can look it up on-line ).

If I actually gave a $hit about what anyone thought I would have bought a honda civic. This vehicle is my toy, I have no other hobbies. So If I want a vehicle that makes an obscene amount of noise and hauls a$$ then its for my pleasure and nobody else. I smile evey single time I hit the throttle and it will never get old.

Very well said sir. Pretty much exactly the way I roll.

I COMPLETELY debadged mine and give zero Fs about what other people think. My TH usually flies under the radar except for the big bright yellow Brembos and exhaust draw attention.

The other day at the gas station some kid was checking it out after he noticed the calipers. He thought it was the SRT and was pretty excited when he figured out what it was. I am entertained by the very small population of car people that know something cool when they see it and actually appreciate it. The rest of the population falls into that category I don’t care about including some wannabe SRT owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Track likes this.
post #10 of 10 Unread Today, 10:52 PM

You can put Prius owners in that same category as basic Honda drivers: Greenie snobs with zero car knowledge, but with a bunch of opinions on why our THs are killing the planet.

I always grin at them and say "Yeah that's true, and I'm f-ing it up faster than you can save it." Eat Sh*t, MF'er.

Current:
2018 Trackhawk black/black
2017 Ferrari 488GTB
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1966 Cobra 427 replica

Past:
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2006 Corvette ZO6
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
1977 Jeep CJ with 401
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440
1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440
1966 Corvette 427

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in